What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

suspect action

grungle

Juniors
Was having a casual look at the ing final on sunday when nsw was bowling. Bird was ripping through sa with either an almighty wrist flick or a some sort of a bent arm. First time I have seen him bowl. Has he been reported or had to do remedial work in the past?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not that I'm aware of

its rare you'd get that sort of wrist action from a medium pase bowler, unless he was trying to bowl the old fashioned off cutter or leg cutters

he did get some good away movement to get those 3 quick wickets, although when Greg Blweitt was interviewed on Inside Cricket, he said Bird was getting a bit of away swing on his first ball and Bird got him on his second ball

I like his action, he seems very MGrath like with his high action, but I didn't notice any wrist movement

maybe one to keep an eye on

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
actually he did, on about the 2nd ball of the day

Blewitt was definately speaking about Bird in the wrap up of the ING cup final and how well he bowled

perhaps my mistake, listening to TV and being on the computer at the same time

my bad

PARANoIR

Bench
Aaron Bird is class. Ive seen him bowl abit, I don't think he chucks it.

I've seem him c**k his wrist abit and Im pretty sure it's just a slower ball.

STEVE R

Juniors
I've played with and against Birdy. His action does look suspect to the naked eye, but I'm almost sure it's all wrist flick.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he can do what ever he likes with his wrist,

its his arm that matters as far as legality goes