What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Shorty

Staff member
No I think he'll do it easier this Olympics,in London he'll have plenty of challenges no doubt.

Razor

Coach
He currently has 14 Gold and 1 Bronze from 2 Olympics. A total of 15 medals.

He has the most gold medals by a long way (5)
Before the 2004 Olympics the record for most medals was 18 overall (and 15 for men) - both of them were from gymnastics. Don't know if that was broken last Olympics or this Olympics.

So he might come back next Olympics to try and break the 18.

No one broke those records last Olympics, and we would have heard if they were broken this Olympics so it still stands at 18 and he equaled the mens total.

Razor

Coach
My mistake Phelps has 16 medals in total (14 Gold 2 Bronze). So he broke the long-standing mens record. He has 9 Gold from individual events and 5 from relays (and 10 medals from individual events and 6 from relays). The record for most individual Gold medals was 8 (set in track and field over 3 Olympics 1900-1908). So he has total Gold medals, total individual gold medals.

Only most medals (18) and most individual medals(12) to go.

El Diablo

Post Whore
does anyone actually read Razor's posts and pay attention to anything he says :?

be a sad day when that happens

Razor

Coach
does anyone actually read Razor's posts and pay attention to anything he says :?

You always pay great attention to them El. You constantly point things out and make mention of every single spelling and gramatical error.

And there is an ignore button which oyu choose not to use for me. That should tell you seomthging.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perhaps you should attempt to put yourself on ignore ;-)

IanG

Coach
I've isolated the frames. Phelps was definitely second to the wall.

PhelpsLoss.png

PhelpsLoss2.png

PhelpsLoss3.png

PhelpsLoss4.png

Well I don't know if anybody would've been too disappointed if it was declared a dead heat. Only 1/100th of a second in it.

Razor

Coach
It is inconclusive.

It doesn't require a mass conspiracy. Just a rogue judge who can't help imposing himself on olympic history.

It is conclusive.

The first frame that Tom put up was showing them both touch the wall.

And you're all forgetting they don't have a judge, it is electronic.

Phelps was behind until the very end, same as Steffan in the 50m Free. But Phelps and Steffan both gambled and took an extra stroke; their gambles paid off.

The reply clearly shows that Phelps touches the wall first.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
It is conclusive.

The first frame that Tom put up was showing them both touch the wall.

And you're all forgetting they don't have a judge, it is electronic.

Phelps was behind until the very end, same as Steffan in the 50m Free. But Phelps and Steffan both gambled and took an extra stroke; their gambles paid off.

The reply clearly shows that Phelps touches the wall first.

The appeal process means that human intervention can override the electronic judge. That is the whole point.

Razor

Coach
The appeal process means that human intervention can override the electronic judge. That is the whole point.

Only if the equipment is faulty, which it wasn't. If it was, it wouldn't have stopped at all, not a period after he touched it.

And anyway if you look at the frame by frame, Phelps fingertips touch first.

Another example of negativity by the forums posters, who will do anything to try and stop records being taken off Australians that they will lie/cheat/anything to make sure that successful people fail.

Razor

Coach
Phelps lost

no doubt about it

You're blind then.

The first frame that Tom posted has Phelps full hands on the wall.

The Serbs fingertips are just touching the wall.

And just to let you know El I've submitted this thread to Sore Losers. It will be the 3rd League Unlimited discussion listed on the site.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Only if the equipment is faulty, which it wasn't. If it was, it wouldn't have stopped at all, not a period after he touched it.

And anyway if you look at the frame by frame, Phelps fingertips touch first.

Another example of negativity by the forums posters, who will do anything to try and stop records being taken off Australians that they will lie/cheat/anything to make sure that successful people fail.

They presumably challenged the validity of the electronic equipment. This is where the human intervention occurred. The decision went Phelps way and they declared it fine.

People would have like to have seen Phelps miss his gold, I don't think they cared about any australian records. Spitz was a yankee doodle dandy.

Razor

Coach
They presumably challenged the validity of the electronic equipment. This is where the human intervention occurred. The decision went Phelps way and they declared it fine.

People would have like to have seen Phelps miss his gold, I don't think they cared about any australian records.

Which proves my point that people on this forum are full of negativity not wanting to see true greatness just because some in American.

there was no Aussie record.

Really? In history the most individual events won at 2 Olympic games(in swimming) was 3 - held by an Australian. That win by Phelps took the record to 4 individual events being won at 2 consecutive Olympics

So don't try and claim that an Australian didn't hold that record. I'm going to assume you're not blind or stupid, so you're obviously biased and as I said before are willing to lie/cheat in order to stop a record being taken off an Australian.

I'm sure you've said before in football terms that you're not biased. Your comments in this thread on that 100m Fly result proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are very bisaed.