What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch Gasnier and Hodges?

ozboy

Juniors
I thought Hodges could have done better.

At times he really should have just hit the line at full pace directly, rather than pulling up and trying to step his way through the Kiwi defence. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Inglis interchanging between themselves during a game. Hodges shouldn't be dropped though.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Razor said:
I know way more than you

Your 2006 predictions tell a different story clown.

You are so transparent it is crazy. Karmichael Hunt was deservedly MOM last night and you think he should be dumped. You have been bettered again, only this time by yourself. Fool.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
gasnier hasnt really done much since the start of the semis. dunno if it's injury which is still hampering him.

either way I cant see either of them being dropped for the enxt game, but I'd love them to swap sides during the game cos I reckon it'd confuse the defence more.

Razor

Coach
They are not going to make changes to a team that won 30-18 (would have been more if the vid refs knew the rules and allowed the Inglis try)

That wasn't a try though. It was rightfully denied. There was an obstruction from Hunt. Inglis ran behind Hunt - something you are not allowed to do.

Your 2006 predictions tell a different story clown.

And how did his predictions go? Or yours for that matter? That's right, neither of you made any. So someone like yourself who didn't even make any should not be having a go at someone who did. Because it's clear that you were quite confident that you wouldn't get any right for the year - which is why you didn't.

Mr Saab

Referee
You, and perhaps your 2 dads (video refs) are the only ones who think that was not a try.
Hunt didnt run any obstruction...he ran far left and didnt impede anyone that was going to get Inglis. Inglis was missed by the NZ defense as he was too good.

Razor

Coach
Hunt didnt run any obstruction...he ran far left and didnt impede anyone that was going to get Inglis.

If you know the rules of the game, you'd know that whether the player had any chance of getting to him or not is irrelelvant; you cannot run behind your own player.

nqboy

First Grade
Razor said:
If you know the rules of the game, you'd know that whether the player had any chance of getting to him or not is irrelelvant; you cannot run behind your own player.
So how far can we take this then? If Inglis is 10m away from the obstruction, is it still illegal? 20? 50?

Razor

Coach
I don't write the rules ngboy.

It's crystal clear. Run behind your own player, it's an obstruction penalty.

salivor

First Grade
I've heard it all now, Razor thinks that a referee should call an obstruction even if it was 50 metres away from the actual play so to obviously have no bearing on it at all. If it hadn't been proven beyond doubt before it certainly has now that you were dropped on your head at birth.

Razor

Coach
azor thinks that a referee should call an obstruction even if it was 50 metres away from the actual play so to obviously have no bearing on it at all.

I didn't say they should be the rule.

I said it IS the rule

If it hadn't been proven beyond doubt before it certainly has now that you were dropped on your head at birth.

Learn the rules of the game

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Razor said:
And how did his predictions go? Or yours for that matter? That's right, neither of you made any. So someone like yourself who didn't even make any should not be having a go at someone who did. Because it's clear that you were quite confident that you wouldn't get any right for the year - which is why you didn't.

I would insert a laugh out loud emoticon here if I didn't detest them so. I don't make predictions about who will win the Dally M, or the Premiership, or even the Minor Premiership, because I have the clarity of mind to know that no one can accurately predict these things. And you think you have an argument because you foolishly posted your wishes on teh interweb for all to see and were found wanting? You do make me laugh. But thanks anyway for the delving excursion into my psyche. Clowns like you make posting here so much more rewarding.