Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by Rich102, Sep 2, 2019.
1. Last home game of the year - yet no farewells to departing players.
What was the club thinking?
Sadly, I think we've seen an absence of thought for quite a while
2. Dirty laundry made public.
We are screwed. 2020 the first season ever im not excited for. Sad times.
That a big one, the Shaun Johnson stuff was handled woefully and the lessons weren’t learnt as we saw George/Nikorima/Kearney go back and forth in the media week before last
Back to the SJ one, most would agree he isn’t worth the on field money he was probably wanting. On the other side of the coin you had the face of NZ league, who was the main put bums on seats man, who would have boosted merchandise sales and the guy all the little kids want to be in the park.
Surely with those factors all considered, you tread a bit more carefully than alienating the guy publically while he was overseas. It was the worst possible way they could have handled it.
A flow on effect from that is what sort of reputation you create for yourself, and if a big name recruit sees that for the clubs biggest name, it may sound some alarm bells off and play a part in them wanting to look elsewhere, while also creating a bit of unrest within the current squad
RTS is the face of NZ league imo. SJ may have been popular with the girls but never represented NZ league in the same way RTS does.
Yes they paid the wrong guy a 1 million dollar contract, it should have been RTS if anyone, puts in 100% consistently and (touch wood) is a great example of a professional athlete
How much influence are player managers having at the club?
I searched the words "Over priced dud"
OK I made that up.
Would work on your search.
Very big when you consider Kearneys manager also managed to get some of his players in there, most notably Adam Blair at 4x his market value
3. When players play their heart out in NSW Cup but are then told they're not good enough to replace underperforming first-graders.
4. All those jersey designs I see on Ebay, when I just want to buy a proper Warriors jersey from back in the day.
5. All the coaches since 2011.
6. A lot of club legends, like Price, who never got considered for future, post-retirement, employment at the club.
7. All that talk about moving our homeground from South Auckland.
Let's get to 20 symptoms, at least...
8. After match press conferences that bear no relationship to the truth. " Aw, well, you know, the boys put in." BS.
9. Thinking kiwi first in a game dominated by Aussies, farging buy a few, we buy kiwis ffs.
The complete and utter lack of accountability to the public.
Making the Warriors the most boring club in the NRL to watch.
When once they were the most exciting.
We do that wank fest around other team's departing players, which is a wank fest let us be in no doubt, yet the club can't manage it for our own players - no matter how much or little they've offered?
What a dick show.
Keep the faith people.
Pricey was employed by the club, was he not? As an ambassador? And we've employed Ben Henry, Jerome Ropati (not legends I know, but still got jobs), Manu, Jerry Seuseu...were there some we should've but didn't? Micheal Luck I would love to have kept, but he's a NQ boy.
I'm going to against the grain here, nope, no way. If the Warriors start thinking Aussie first that's me done. If I want to watch Aussies I'll start watching SOO.
The other problem is that we just can’t compete on a level playing field for Aussies. The reality is we just have to try to sign the best players who are willing to come. Whether they are Kiwis, Aussies, PIs, Poms, whatever. Ability and professionalism are all that matters.
Separate names with a comma.