What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu injured

Glen

Bench
King to centre instead of Tate and Grothe to wing.

although Tate did have a good game last night and isn't out of place in the team by any means

Kornstar

Coach
Hodgson to Fullback and Mini to the wing!!!!!!!!!

If they picked the team on form then they may have won last night!!!!

D

Deleted member 10972

number8 said:
No chance. He's not a Bronco or Rooster.

Idiot...how many Roosters were chosen? TWO! Stop with your BULLS--T ROOSTER HATING WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN BACK IT UP! Bronco's on the other hand...waiting for Hodges or Berrigan to come into the side now :|

Kornstar

Coach
I don't care where the useless players they picked came from, i just care that they picked the team on reputation not form, how the best fullback all year was not picked is beyond me!!! Waterhouse????? Ryan?????? Fitzgibbon???????

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Stranger said:
:lol: because Joey and Bedsey dont deserve to be there?

Had a great game last night, didn't he? :roll:

Deserved his spot, but did nothing to keep it. Gower hasn't played hooker for years (apart from filling in their for a little bit during games) and totally outplayed Buderus, Australia looked so much better when he was on.

MrSharky

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Hodgson to Fullback and Mini to the wing!!!!!!!!!

Did you see Miniciello being driven back through strong defence last night?

The ragdoll Hodgson would've died out there... literally.

icon6.gif

mickdo

Coach
Here's my two cents...

Minichello - didn't seem to have his usual impact. Personally I would drop him and bring in Hodgson, but we all know that aint gonna happen.

Tahu - won't be back, for obvious reasons. Buggered if I know who'll come in. The way the selectors have been picking players it could be Luke Covell for all I know.

Gasnier - decent game. Two tries.

Tate - proved the doubters wrong. Should keep his spot.

King - unfortunate dropped ball that ended up in Kiwis their third try (although we will get to the direct cause a bit later). Did ok otherwise, but did anyone else have doubts over the grounding of his try???

Lockyer - wasn't watching his defence, and the stats gave him only 2 missed tackles from 16, so that is a very good performance by his standards. Don't remember him breaking the line though.

Johns - won't go down as one of his best games, but by his usual standards that doesn't mean he had a bad one.

Civoniceva - good yards in attack, and plenty of defence. Did well.

Buderus - dissapointing game. Wouldn't pick him again if I was a selector.

Price - seemed a bit flat to me. I don't know if that's because he was playing against so many of his teammates or not...

O'Donnell - appeared to be in everything early. Thought he had a good game.

Fitzgibbon - bucketload of tackles as always, but didn't have much in attack. With Hindy gone he'd be keeping his job even if he had a shocker.

Kennedy - too many mistakes for my liking.

Gower - has to be the starting hooker. Bennett, pull your damn finger out and make the hard decisions ffs.

Ryles - three words. Ryles is a cat. Wait, that's four words. Ahh, who cares, he is a cat. Dropped the ball the first time he touched it. I don't care if he got better after that. Get rid of him.

Ryan - seemed solid, but didn't really notice him. Should stay I guess.

WATERHOUSE - capital letters for the name of this clown. Should never play for Australia again. Came way up out of the line a la Wagon to gift Webb the kiwis third try. Selectors, it's time to admit you screwed up with this one at least, and fix it quick. Had nothing all year, and had nothing last night.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If theyre not picking Grothe than what about Ty Williams or Matt Sing theyre better options.

Also Widders should be there ahead of Waterhouse and Morrison should be there ahead of Creagh, or even Ryan. Unfortunately the selectors dont even see that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IF we're fair dinkum, then here are a few names that SHOULD be AT LEAST considered:

- Grothe (if he was available)

- Stringer

- Riddell

- Widders

- Ben Smith

Those guys had outstanding seasons and would bring a lot to the Kangaroos.

Phillips

Referee
Eelementary said:
Riddell
Ben Smith

they might have had good seasons but i'd have plenty of others before them

namely

Priddis, Farah & Young

Lyon, Cooper & Hodges

the_eel

Juniors
I personally think the Aussies bench was very sub-standard. Compared to Cayless, Solo and Faumu who all gave their side a bit of spark we had Ryan who did nothing, Waterhouse also ordinary (although he was playing out of position) and Ryles also gave the side no impact.

I would definitely be replacing Ryan with Creagh, Waterhouse with WIDDERS and Ryles with O'Meley. With Tahu's injury I'd have Tate on the wing with Cooper to the centres and I reckon Barrett really should be picked over Lockyer but we all know that ain't gonna happen!

Pazza

First Grade
They paid the price for picking too many out of form players.

Gower, Waterhouse and Ryan. Give me a break, hardley and Eels, Cowboys and Tigers. They dont reward form do they. How much longer is Trent Waterhouse going to live off his stella 2003 season?

mickdo

Coach
Pazza said:
They paid the price for picking too many out of form players.

Gower, Waterhouse and Ryan. Give me a break, hardley and Eels, Cowboys and Tigers. They dont reward form do they. How much longer is Trent Waterhouse going to live off his stella 2003 season?
Well I'm afraid Gower was the best playmaker on the field. IMO he shone out more than Johns did. His form in 2005 had been pretty good in a pathetic side.

Waterhouse was crap. Ryan hasn't been near his form of last year, but didn't let anyone down.

Redback71

First Grade
bennett the old fart couldnt pick a descent side if his life depended on it, i could pick a better side for gods sake.

and enother that got my knickers in a knot is why was hindy dropped yet lockyer and that other baboon was given to the last second to prove there fitness.

Redback71

First Grade
1. Locky
2. Mini
3. Gaz
4. Tate
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns

id go:

1. Hodgo
2. Mini