What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ate-of-origin-ii/story-e6frexnr-1225878661736

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

661653-timana-tahu.jpg

Out ... Timana Tahu. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE NSW Origin team is reeling after Parramatta star Timana Tahu sensationally left the team camp on the NSW North Coast tonight for personal reasons.

Canberra Raiders centre Joel Monaghan was rushed in after Tahu mysteriously withdrew from the side.
"I just got off the plane,'' Monaghan said.
"I don't know too much about what has happened yet.''
More reports to follow

Springs

First Grade
Isn't Idris 18th man? If he isn't should he not get a run first as he was in the squad? Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.

Feel sorry for Tahu, poor bloke.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Isn't Idris 18th man? If he isn't should he not get a run first as he was in the squad? Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.

Feel sorry for Tahu, poor bloke.

Nah Monahan is better because he is an overrated choker.
He has choked at all levels. RLWC final may have been his best choke, yet.

But still more time to outdo himself.

Why go for a fat kid with funny hair cut who had a solid debut and can put on big hits and make good runs. What you need is some choke artist - not a kid with unfulfilled potential who may yet become a great player.

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
oh my god, Monaghan? one of the most useless backs i've ever seen, what a joke, surely we have better then this crap?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I would gave put Jennings in

This has to be a joke, i remember when the Roosters moved heaven and hell for this guy whilst at the Raiders, he done absolute sweet fa, hell, even SKD was far more effective and that's saying something.

Monaghan- a poor mans SKD.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I would have put the Biggest man in the world in.

Exactly what did he do wrong in his debut game?

Its not like he had a Hodges.

Clearly NSW just want to gift Qld with the trophy.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
hmmm ok monaghan coming in when he wasnt in the preliminary 21 man squad....f**k me dead id put Dugan on the wing!

watatank

Coach
hmmm ok monaghan coming in when he wasnt in the preliminary 21 man squad....f**k me dead id put Dugan on the wing!

Dugan's not playing this weekend...could have something to do with it. Then again it probably wouldn't have made a difference considering we're talking about NSW selectors...

stormbati

Bench
He's pretty good in the air and a solid all round winger/centre. I would have gave Jennings a run too.

Timmah6991

Juniors
Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

THE NSW Origin team is reeling after Parramatta star Timana Tahu sensationally left the team camp on the NSW North Coast tonight for personal reasons.
Canberra Raiders centre Joel Monaghan was rushed in after Tahu mysteriously withdrew from the side.

"I just got off the plane,'' Monaghan said.

"I don't know too much about what has happened yet.''

http://www.dailytelegrap...y-e6frexnr-1225878661736

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I like the selection TBH. Jennings can feel unlucky, but I rate Monahaghn as a better winger then Jennings would be.

Monas is a better winger than centre.

They say he is a replacement for Tahu who was the winger and Joel is a winger.

If they were going to bring in an 18th man Id imagine they would of brought in someone else.