What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu's stand up Comedy 101

Source: Daily Telegraph Main Game.

How he says he is glad that he wont be going around for another 26 rounds of NRL. As he would find it boring.

What the heck does he think he'll be doing @ union, Lote's a perfect example does maybe 1-2 tackles and touch's the ball 3-4 times a match.

If he didnt want boredom I am not to sure the 15 man code was the sport for him.

ByRd

First Grade
hahaha thats funny, then he thinks 26 rounds in league is boring, what do you call union???

perverse

Referee
eh post-match after the eels last win he was all sentimental about how he'd miss it.. he's just saying what any given guy with a microphone wants him to say.

JW

Coach
Of course it's boring.

Who could ask for more fun than playing infront of an empty Parramatta Stadium in the ARC instead?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I understand what he means.

As shown by his performance yesterday, he is a big-game player. In 05, when the rest of the team choked, he stood up.

In Union he will probably play a dozen games for Waratahs, and internationals. Less tough, seemingly worthless games in the middle of the year.

25 rounds is a lot of footy.

badav

Bench
perverse said:
eh post-match after the eels last win he was all sentimental about how he'd miss it.. he's just saying what any given guy with a microphone wants him to say.

I dunno, i mean i havent heard Tahu speak alot but from what he has, i dont reckon his intelligence level would be alot higher than a 10 year old. He probably just doesnt know what he wants/wants to say.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah, nice generalisation.

Actually he's quite articulate, very honest and a very nice guy.

But then you haven't heard him talk so you wouldn't know.

perverse

Referee
badav said:
I dunno, i mean i havent heard Tahu speak alot but from what he has, i dont reckon his intelligence level would be alot higher than a 10 year old. He probably just doesnt know what he wants/wants to say.
possibly, which is why he just tries to please the crowd.. in this case x, y or z reporter. it just seems to me like a classic case of trying to keep everyone happy. having said that he likely doesn't know wtf he's doing.. he just see's lots of dollar signs.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Hope hes got all the shoulder charges out of him.

Enjoy not getting any ball in yawnion Tahu. Now, how boring is that?

Grail

Juniors
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Source: Daily Telegraph Main Game.

How he says he is glad that he wont be going around for another 26 rounds of NRL. As he would find it boring.

What the heck does he think he'll be doing @ union, Lote's a perfect example does maybe 1-2 tackles and touch's the ball 3-4 times a match.

If he didnt want boredom I am not to sure the 15 man code was the sport for him.

What does the first line of your post say?
Telegraph.

Right, now what is the chance that he may, just may have been misquoted or taken out of context or had words prescribed to him that he didn't really say.

Good luck to Tahu in union. He's been a great ambasador for League, and we should all accept his transition to the other code. He deserves no less.

He has had a horrific time with injuries, this will be his last professional contract - so he's doing what's best for him. Getting a few more dollars at less risk to his long term health.

He will be a loss to this game, but he will be replaced.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Take it easy guys, remember when an NRL player signs with the ARU they are contractually oblighed to put the boot into NRL at any opportunity. I remember Wendell saying ARU was better than NRL, he would usually preface it with "Except for State of Origin..." Now Wendell is sniffing around StGeoIlla looking for a match payments contract.

As for Lote, he just seems so disinterested. He has got more money than Scrooge McDuck and he's not happy. Mat Rogers came back and now he remembers how to smile again. Same for Nathan Blacklock.

Ryan Cross & Clinton S dont seem to make the negative comments but it might have something to do with Cross playing in WA which is like another country, and Clinton S being at the end of his career with the QLD Reds who are crap. You cant mouth off when you know you suck.

Not having a dig @ Tahu, though I am not a fan of him as a person.

I just felt it odd how he'd refer to league as boring when he will be involved in the game around 6 times per match in union!

gurl_child

Juniors
Watching him play wasn't boring, like the big hits he made. I wonder if there will be a player to be called the next Tahu.

The Colonel

Immortal
ucantseeme said:
Ryan Cross & Clinton S dont seem to make the negative comments but it might have something to do with Cross playing in WA which is like another country, and Clinton S being at the end of his career with the QLD Reds who are crap. You cant mouth off when you know you suck.

I'm pretty sure there was an article about Schifcofske where he was saying he should never have left League......

Simo

First Grade
This is the same Tahu that said at the start of the year that he would never switch to union cause he would be bored standing out wide and touching the ball once a game.

Then he gets half a million bucks a year and all of a sudden he was just joking when he said that and league is now boring.

miniHINDY

Juniors
You obviously don't have basic comprehension skills, so I'll dumb it down for you;

He isn't saying Rugby League is boring, he's saying that 25 rounds of football before the big games is boring.

Latest posts