What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Takairangi (not) signed

moller

Juniors
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ng-to-parramatta/story-fnp0lyn6-1227063238428

TITANS utility Brad Takairangi will reluctantly leave the Gold Coast for Wests Tigers while journeyman playmaker Beau Henry could be on his way to Parramatta.

Takairangi’s manager Gavin Orr said the New Zealand Test hopeful had agreed to terms on a three-year deal with the Tigers and the sacking of coach Mick Potter would not affect the contract.

New Titans coach Neil Henry was keen to keep Takairangi on the Gold Coast but the club was unable to match the Tigers’ offer.

“He’s agreed to go to the Wests Tigers,” Orr said. “He spoke to Neil Henry and the Titans couldn’t match the deal.

“He’s very upset he’s leaving the Titans. He loves it up there.”

Right centre for next year?

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so we paid more than the Titans wanted to.

And they know him & his value better than us.

When will we learn.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Interesting signing. I thought we would have needed a hard working backrower but hey, I didn't think we would sign anyone for 2015

Radical Rat

Juniors
so we paid more than the Titans wanted to.

And they know him & his value better than us.

When will we learn.

The Titans wanted to keep him and they may well have salary cap dramas.

I think it will prove to be a very astute signing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
considering we are alwasy reportedly at the limit of our cap, why are we paying overs for a player that we don't particularly need?

I've no doubt he'll play fine with us, but we don't need him.

Just like we didn't need Richards.

Radical Rat

Juniors
considering we are alwasy reportedly at the limit of our cap, why are we paying overs for a player that we don't particularly need?

Paying overs based on the Titans salary cap position? We could well be getting him a decent price.

And you don't think we particularly need a centre?

Have you seen any other quality out there that's off contract at this stage?

Anyway time will tell if it turns out to be a good signing but I'm very optimistic.

Ridiculous. 3 years! FFS. Reserve grader who will be a reliable fill in.

The new coach might think he is a total turd burger and is stuck with him for 3 years. Great work CEO.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Makes sense. Keith Lulia has a serious neck injury so he may not play in the near future or at all. Taka is a similar offering.

Matchball

Bench
He is reported to be very upset at having to leave the Titans.
Who wants a player that rather be elsewhere.

macnaz

Staff member

Wonder if he cost more then retaining Kori ?

TYGA

Juniors
Would be a low level signing and he can play. Single handedly destroyed the Bulldogs late this year. good signing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then why is it the case of us paying more than he is worth?

Did you entertain the thought that the Titans weren't offering what he is worth?

We paid more for a player we don't need than the Titans were willing to pay for the same player who they need more than us.

Latest posts