What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take 3: Should Eric Grothe be dropped??

Should Eric Grothe be dropped?

• Yes, he has gotta go

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • No, we should persist with him...

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I actually think that if he is dropped for the season he will give the game away.

Good.
I'm sick of the baby sitting.
He has been nothing short of pathetic and has cost us another 2 points.
Enough is enough. I have stood by him for a while now but his form is too pathetic to ignore.

varion

Juniors
Grothe to the bench as an impact forward...10-15 hitups per game and bring him on after the heat has gone out in the early engagement e.g 20-25 mins in to each half to see if we turn him into a gamebreaker rather than heartbreaker.

Make the best of a bad situation - some of our powderpuff forwards arent cutting the mustard so he would definately move us forward and Hagan can avoid the hard decision of dropping him.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I actually think that if he is dropped for the season he will give the game away.

Sums up Eric Grothe Jr. for me.

No heart, no passion, doesn't care, it's his job and as long as he's paid he's happy.

If music is his passion, best of luck to him, but for ****'s sake go and pursue it, stop being an absolute passenger costing us games.

JTB

Juniors
Sums up Eric Grothe Jr. for me.

No heart, no passion, doesn't care, it's his job and as long as he's paid he's happy.

If music is his passion, best of luck to him, but for ****'s sake go and pursue it, stop being an absolute passenger costing us games.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Freak2

Juniors
I would give anything to see Eric at his absolute best again!!

I am trying to not be too hard on him for his inconsistant form thus far this year but he needs to get his head right for an entire 80 minutes or the impact is too harsh on everyone else that does have their head on for the entire 80 minutes.

Plus he is now an easy target as everyone knows he fails to drop deep enough late in the tackle counts and he is an easy target to kick in behind everytime!!

I would not drop him this week with Hayne out, however I think Wagon needs to play inside of him in defence as he obviously has zero confidence in Reddy.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I would give anything to see Eric at his absolute best again!!

I am trying to not be too hard on him for his inconsistant form thus far this year but he needs to get his head right for an entire 80 minutes or the impact is too harsh on everyone else that does have their head on for the entire 80 minutes.

Plus he is now an easy target as everyone knows he fails to drop deep enough late in the tackle counts and he is an easy target to kick in behind everytime!!

I would not drop him this week with Hayne out, however I think Wagon needs to play inside of him in defence as he obviously has zero confidence in Reddy.

I said this a while back, why can't Wagon hover out wide when defending out wide? you know inevitably the opposition will go towards Grothe.

Fathead

Bench
He had to go - even Hages conceeded it (finally)
He has been told by Hages to stay on his wing but continually jumps in. He will have a few games for Wenty to work on it. If he does it in Wenty he will stay there.

Redback71

First Grade
ive gone with no. but think he should be moved off the wing and further in feild where he would be a less of liability in defence. hopefully.

he is to good of an attacking player as was witnessed verse the broncos especially in the first half and i think if Reddy had caught those 2 off loads from grothe then we may of scored.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think you'll find that Finch is rostered on for this saturday night...

Haha. True.

Maybe Riddell ... or possibly Reddy.

Some of our guys just have targets painted on them.

If we had a half decent kicking game and a coach who was a bit quicker to drop out of form players, then I think the Eels would be in much better shape.

We're not far off ... we just need some spark off the boot and to knock some of the complacency out of certain players.

The only other thing I'd change if I had a magic wand would be to have a bit more variety in our forward pack, but I think Paulo and Hauraki, while still green and far from perfect, are a step in the right direction and it seems that MAYBE Hagan is slowly learning how to use them better.

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure that it's the right move, Reddy is a turnstile and seems Grothe placed little faith in his ability to read and defend.

When Big Ben was in the side, then Guru's defence was much more solid, this weekend will tell I guess, we lose a fair bit coming off the line and speed when he is not there.