What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take that Daily Telegraph!

ali

Bench
You arrogant pricks! Rugby League does not belong to Sydney. Brisbane and Melbourne have just as much right to be there as anyone else. If they'd had different gaming laws in Brisbane, the NRL could have emerged out of Queensland. So the Telegraph can stick their campaign for an all Sydney grand final you know where.

As Cronulla hasn't made the grand final, I don't care who else makes it. The game we'll be watching next week will still be Rugby League. It's the sport I follow. Yes Sydney is in the AFL final, but I far prefer Rugby League as a sport and have no interest in that code of football. This is a big week for Rugby League, the media need to be reminded that this is a Rugby League town, first and foremost. Just because no Sydney teams are in the grand final, doesn't mean we'll lose interest in the sport we've followed for the last 29 weeks.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think we need to tell the DT that we hate the AFL and hate the Swans and if they keep on with this rubbish... forget about us buying the paper!!!

RABK

Referee
The GF i've wanted since the Knights got flogged - great for the game!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
The GF i've wanted since the Knights got flogged - great for the game!

7 and 10 will deathride the NRL all week because of this GF. They both have an anti league agenda.

RABK

Referee
El Diablo said:
7 and 10 will deathride the NRL all week because of this GF. They both have an anti league agenda.

The worst will be the Tele this week!

Swans GF + No Sydney team in NRL GF = 20 pages more AFL then NRL this week.

since everyones been talking up how the NRL "belongs in sydney" the last week in the DT and sh*t, correct me if im wrong, but havent only 2 sydney teams won the comp? - newly formed NRL that is

El Diablo

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
The worst will be the Tele this week!

Swans GF + No Sydney team in NRL GF = 20 pages more AFL then NRL this week.

And the News Ltd paper in Melbourne will not dedicate any space to the Storm.

El Diablo

Post Whore
KrypnotiK said:
since everyones been talking up how the NRL "belongs in sydney" the last week in the DT and sh*t, correct me if im wrong, but havent only 2 sydney teams won the comp? - newly formed NRL that is

no

Roosters
Penrith
Bulldogs
Wests Tigers

Meanie

Juniors
KrypnotiK said:

Doggies, Roosters, Panthers, and Tigers, so four.

El Diablo said:
And the News Ltd paper in Melbourne will not dedicate any space to the Storm.
The herald sun hasn't been to bad tbh.

The Australian has been quite pathetic in it's couverage. :evil:

melon....

Coach
KrypnotiK said:
2002 ROosters, 2004 Bulldogs, 2005 Tigers...thats 3.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
I like both of the teams in the Grand Final, but you guys are plain deluded if you think that this is good for the game. No Sydney teams in the decider almost guarantees that the NRL is going to be hard pressed to generate publicity in the lead up to the Grand Final in Sydney, at a crucial time when AFL in NSW has received a double boost from the possibility of a second Swans' premiership and the establishment of the Sydney-West Coast 'rivalry.' All week, the Sydney media is going to be talking about the Swans' preparation, the secret to beating West Coast's midfield, AFL statistics, figures, chances, strategies.

By comparison, in Melbourne, it is evident that people STILL do not care about the Storm. The Age today barely gives last night's game a mention - top coverage is still being dedicated towards the AFL. Last year, the Victoria media attempted to compensate for the lack of a Victorian team by simply adopting the Swans as their own - it was pointed out that Sydney were, after all, a relocated Melbourne club. The 1999 Melbourne premiership failed to foster any real interest in the Storm in Melbourne, and I doubt that this year will be any different.

Brutus

Referee
The Daily Telegraph - The official Swans newspaper (but only when they make the finals)

melon....

Coach
greeneyed said:
I think we need to tell the DT that we hate the AFL and hate the Swans and if they keep on with this rubbish... forget about us buying the paper!!!
Who actually buys that crap?

ShadesOfTheSun said:
I like both of the teams in the Grand Final, but you guys are plain deluded if you think that this is good for the game. No Sydney teams in the decider almost guarantees that the NRL is going to be hard pressed to generate publicity in the lead up to the Grand Final in Sydney, at a crucial time when AFL in NSW has received a double boost from the possibility of a second Swans' premiership and the establishment of the Sydney-West Coast 'rivalry.' All week, the Sydney media is going to be talking about the Swans' preparation, the secret to beating West Coast's midfield, AFL statistics, figures, chances, strategies.

By comparison, in Melbourne, it is evident that people STILL do not care about the Storm. The Age today barely gives last night's game a mention - top coverage is still being dedicated towards the AFL. Last year, the Victoria media attempted to compensate for the lack of a Victorian team by simply adopting the Swans as their own - it was pointed out that Sydney were, after all, a relocated Melbourne club. The 1999 Melbourne premiership failed to foster any real interest in the Storm in Melbourne, and I doubt that this year will be any different.

Wipe ya mouth mate...ya crap stinks !!. :cool:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Brutus said:
The Daily Telegraph - The official Swans newspaper (but only when they make the finals)

If you check the Herald Sun website it also is a Swans paper. Can't see sh*t about the Storm.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
You will have to come up with a better counter argument than that. What exactly about what I said do you disagree with? Today's newspapers are evidence in themselves of what I've been saying - top coverage in the Sydney Morning Herald AND the Telegraph for the AFL Grand Final, and in the Melbourne Age...

27 articles on the AFL listed at the top of the sports webpage, irrespective of the fact that no Victorian team is playing. And where's the NRL? Second bottom of the page, after Tennis, Basketball, Racing, Golf, etc. And with two articles only. Even with Melbourne playing.