What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talakai and SOO

R-15-3

Juniors
I’d love for him to play origin but needs a few outstanding defensive games first to be picked imo.
Has done a decent job but nothing outstanding to still not have some ? ??? On his defence to be tested out in origin.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The bloke was part of the emerging blues group a few years back, so he’s been on Fittler’s radar… take that for what it is.
Personally, He will get a run pending on the outcome of the 1st game.
Blues lose - the drums will start beating and the beast will be unleashed

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yup, the flashier players will always get the nod for the big spectacle.
Our little no frills bulldozer has outplayed them all but he isn't as shiny or sparkly as the others mentioned.
Will be interesting to see how he reacts if he doesn't get picked. Feel for the poor bastard that has to mark him that week.

Why do those 2 clowns get to even have a public opinion on it?

The_Frog

First Grade
1. Can he cover the backs?

2. If not required to cover the backs, can he come on and make 20 tackles in the middle without missing any?

If the answer to both is yes, he should be the 14, even though the call for Papenhuyzen is getting deafening.

I think others are ahead of him for starting centre at this point, and I hope it's not Crichton, we'll have enough players missing as it is.

Craigshark

First Grade
If he keeps playing like this, reckon he gets picked on the bench and deservedly so. The guy is an absolute beast.

Chimp

Bench
1. Can he cover the backs?

2. If not required to cover the backs, can he come on and make 20 tackles in the middle without missing any?

If the answer to both is yes, he should be the 14, even though the call for Papenhuyzen is getting deafening.

I think others are ahead of him for starting centre at this point, and I hope it's not Crichton, we'll have enough players missing as it is.
I’m gonna be controversial and say Paps should be picked OVER Tedesco… yes he’s the captain and incumbent, but if Paps is playing way better, then pick him, in his position. I get the whole incumbent/loyalty piece, but it’s way over the top at Origin level. If you’re a big name, you’re basically guaranteed your position regardless of form, until you’re too old and retire. Why should Tedesco be guaranteed a shirt?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’m gonna be controversial and say Paps should be picked OVER Tedesco… yes he’s the captain and incumbent, but if Paps is playing way better, then pick him, in his position. I get the whole incumbent/loyalty piece, but it’s way over the top at Origin level. If you’re a big name, you’re basically guaranteed your position regardless of form, until you’re too old and retire. Why should Tedesco be guaranteed a shirt?

Rooster

ghoti

Bench
Probably stifles the hype a bit but wasn't his fault at all.. our structure was pathetic tonight and Broncs defended brilliantly. Shows that you can't have him as a gamebreaker just like all the other hype centres who go quiet in those conditions: from Staggs to Lomax to Gagai to whoever..

Talakai has been great for a few weeks but needs to be on the front foot like all outside backs do to do what they can do..

Inferno

Coach
Sifa was one of our best.

I don't think he's quite at the level to be picked for Origin but I don't think he'd be out of place.

Certainly didn't do his chances any harm tonight.

Latest posts