What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talau

Tiger05

First Grade
Hey dudes - I'd like to know who rates this guy and why. I see lots of people picking him in their teams and I'm not even sure what position the guy plays. I thought he was pretty ordinary in his debut game but it's one game.

Shredder

Juniors
Yep Ive heard the same thing Simmo.

The club rates him highly, which means he will play.

Im not going to rate a guy just on one game (did we win it?) So Im willing to give him a go.

simmo05

Bench
Yep Ive heard the same thing Simmo.

The club rates him highly, which means he will play.

Im not going to rate a guy just on one game (did we win it?) So Im willing to give him a go.
I think it was against the dogs and he had a blue on blue to take liddle out. And did mbye run out on 1 leg?

Tiger05

First Grade
He didn't do anything in his debut which to me was the point. As I said it's one game which is way too little to judge anyone on. I also see his name mentioned a fair bit. I'd be interested in anyone's opinions who has seen him play and thinks he is a genuine first grader. I don't see many games that aren't NRL level.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Like most I thought he was our future 5/8. I was hoping he would be getting some game time in the centres this year to learn some good skills from Benji. If the need arises (and he looks the goods) he can slip into 5/8 if Benji gets injured. I really think he would be a total waste on the wing and it won't improve his future game at all.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He didn't do anything in his debut which to me was the point. As I said it's one game which is way too little to judge anyone on. I also see his name mentioned a fair bit. I'd be interested in anyone's opinions who has seen him play and thinks he is a genuine first grader. I don't see many games that aren't NRL level.
Tough game to debut in at brookvale on a thur nite
playing in an avg backline against a superior manly team on their turf.The kid can play & I’m expecting him to cement a spot in our 3/4’s this season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tough game to debut in at brookvale on a thur nite
playing in an avg backline against a superior manly team on their turf.The kid can play & I’m expecting him to cement a spot in our 3/4’s this season.

Yeah the debut was a tough one. We had a stack of players out then lost our hooker after 10 mins up against a full strength Manly side who if they won moved into the top 4.

He was impressive in nsw Cup and has always been a stand out coming through the grades.

Certainly don’t expect him to light it up from the outset but I think by mid way though 2021 fans of all clubs will know who he is

Tiger Ted

Bench
Geez it will b a relief if Tommy progresses quickly coz him & Bj would provide us with 2 big penetrative centres who know how to score tries.

The unknown

Juniors
Lol the game he debuted in we were lucky to not lose by 50. Tough assignment to impress there

Madge rates him highly, that says enough for me

I thought he was pretty ordinary in his debut game but it's one game.
Gee Tiger05, you really set the bar high don't you?
pretty ordinary in his debut game
so that's it? Plenty of debut's don't rate but plenty of good people look for the little things and just know a kid has it.

Go back and look at Darren Lockyer's test debut on youtube, that was a shocker and guess what? it's not even mentioned when accessing his career.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Is Talaus preferred position centre or 5/8?

I reckon he will start in reserves but will be first called up if there are injuries to centre/five-eighth

gordynz

Juniors
You definitely cant rate the kid after his sole performance in first grade. Give him a chance boys, hes only young and hopefully fulfills his potential. I hope he gets some minutes under his belt and alongside Benji this year... it'll do him wonders

Tiger05

First Grade
Gee Tiger05, you really set the bar high don't you? so that's it? Plenty of debut's don't rate but plenty of good people look for the little things and just know a kid has it.

Go back and look at Darren Lockyer's test debut on youtube, that was a shocker and guess what? it's not even mentioned when accessing his career.

I stated it was a bit tough to judge him on one game. I get the impression not many on here have seen the kid perform either. What little things does he have in his game ?

We need a couple of gun juniors to come through. I hope he is one of them.

Tiger05

First Grade
This is the most ridiculous way to evaluate young NRL players, in particular halves.

I understand it's too little to judge a player on. That is why it'd be good to hear some feedback about the kid from people who have seen him play and are hyping him up. He is getting picked in a lot of people's teams and I haven't seen anything to get excited about.

Unfortunately there hasn't been any feedback yet based on seeing him play. Is he a half ? Is he a centre ? Is he a backrower ? Is he quick/strong/the ability to beat players ?

Anyway I hope he comes good.

Latest posts