What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk about salt

Valheru

Coach
I am probably going to give this journo more time than he deserves with a serious response but I am confused as to what he actually would like to happen.

It's not as if Cronk was bough the week of the GF. Everyone knew he had a legit injury and everyone knew that he may or may not play the GF.

He was named in the 21 man squad as per NRL rules and also the trimmed down 19 man team as per NRL rules. Even had we named him at 7 on Tuesday, the conjecture about will he or won't he would have continued.

Does he want there to be no room for alterations to the team named on the Tuesday? If someone goes down injured or you want to make a tactical change you have to play with less players?

Frailty

First Grade
The media is entitled pack of whingers who complain under the guise of being 'on behalf of fans'.

What was the push back when players and fans started complaining about consistent negative coverage? 'You don't give us access'.

Everyone knew it was a serious enough injury, he was named within the squad that was being cut down throughout the week, and everyone knew he was going to be given every chance to play.

It is just another example of the media crying when they don't get what they want. Guess what? People watch Rugby League for the Rugby League. Not for your coverage.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
My heart bleeds for poor Adam Pengilly, who probably strummed himself silly when he found out Cronk had a broken scapula and was poised to write the story of the year.

THIS WAS HIS MOMENT TO SHINE, PEOPLE

Just so you all know, I've spent a good amount of time in press boxes...it is full of the most insufferable behaviour you'd ever come across. You think anyone talks shit after 10 schooners at the local pub, this mob takes it up 50 notches dead sober. Feeding their fat faces full of free food, pretending like they know shit about the game, talking about players like they're better than them. It's just a dickshow.

The media write stories without fact checking or caring about validity all the time so I've got no idea why they needed a doctor to confirm this story in GF week. Of course the Roosters are going to shroud it in secrecy.

Newsflash to newspaper media folk (and they do read this forum) - no one gives a f**k about your rights. Your industry squandered them years ago by writing shit and turning the game into a tabloid circus. Don't hang around in trees snapping photos of grown men trying to enjoy themselves in private then sook up because the same men won't feed a story to you.

My heart bleeds for poor Adam Pengilly, who probably strummed himself silly when he found out Cronk had a broken scapula and was poised to write the story of the year.

THIS WAS HIS MOMENT TO SHINE, PEOPLE

Just so you all know, I've spent a good amount of time in press boxes...it is full of the most insufferable behaviour you'd ever come across. You think anyone talks shit after 10 schooners at the local pub, this mob takes it up 50 notches dead sober. Feeding their fat faces full of free food, pretending like they know shit about the game, talking about players like they're better than them. It's just a dickshow.

The media write stories without fact checking or caring about validity all the time so I've got no idea why they needed a doctor to confirm this story in GF week. Of course the Roosters are going to shroud it in secrecy.

Newsflash to newspaper media folk (and they do read this forum) - no one gives a f**k about your rights. Your industry squandered them years ago by writing shit and turning the game into a tabloid circus. Don't hang around in trees snapping photos of grown men trying to enjoy themselves in private then sook up because the same men won't feed a story to you.

Here here. Looks like the depiction of the media by Robert Duvall's character in the movie The Natural is very close to accurate to this day.

Generalzod

Immortal
Liar liar pants on fire......Every time News limited is mentioned it just reminds me of the hacking of that poor girls mobile phone, which the parents of the child thought there was a glimmer of hope that their child was still alive...News Limited Elliot Carver really runs the company.