What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not devastated tbh....Tariq has been good at times for us but is inconsistent these days...another birthday next year at what 33 think his better footy is behind him....put it this way if it was SuA or Molo for example I would be very disappointed.....anyway I wish him well for the future

Old Timer

Coach
Lets be brutally honest here Tariq is no StGi legend nor stalwart

He has never lived up to all the hype people had for him and in fact has been hit and miss his entire career.

At his best he is very good but his best is rarely an entire game and certainly not several games in a row

His best is predominantly a few moments within games and that is how he has always been and he was never worth the money we ultimately paid him nor is he worth crying over when he moves on.

Dragon David

First Grade

He has never lived up to all the hype people had for him and in fact has been hit and miss his entire career.

At his best he is very good but his best is rarely an entire game and certainly not several games in a row

His best is predominantly a few moments within games and that is how he has always been and he was never worth the money we ultimately paid him nor is he worth crying over when he moves on.

dungay dragon

Juniors

well said

Dragon David

First Grade
...and that is why the Dragons have not bothered to re-sign him. Bellamy might be able to make him play more consistently however, as you say randomdragon, it didn't work with Kasiano. We will just have to wait and see. What about Dufty and Vaughan at the Bulldogs - no loss there either?

Old Timer

Coach
...and that is why the Dragons have not bothered to re-sign him. Bellamy might be able to make him play more consistently however, as you say randomdragon, it didn't work with Kasiano. We will just have to wait and see. What about Dufty and Vaughan at the Bulldogs - no loss there either?
A dead set bonus they went there.
That means we don't have them and the Dogs are destined for the spoon.

justadragon

Bench
totally agree, lets face it what barnstorming games has he played since last SOO, it will be a good test of character to see how he performs for the rest of the season, i would like to see m molo or jayden hunt start to get bench spots

SBD82

Coach
totally agree, lets face it what barnstorming games has he played since last SOO, it will be a good test of character to see how he performs for the rest of the season, i would like to see m molo or jayden hunt start to get bench spots
I wonder why Tariq’s best games are consistently in Origin?

I wonder why it was the same for Frizell? And his running game has improved since joining the knights?

I wonder why Host has improved similarly at Souths?

It’s almost like the issue isn’t the edge forwards.

Dragon David

First Grade
I’m saddened by the loss of Tariq. That comes from the heart more than the head maybe, but still I loved seeing him in the red V. Good luck to him.
The game that I can remember him killing it for us was against the Broncos back in 2018 when we won 48-18 and Tariq scored 3 tries. He had a blockbuster game that afternoon/evening and his brother Korbin couldn't stop him.

Other than playing well in SOO and maybe a few other club games, he really didn't dominate too much and Bellamy will now have him to be one of the older and experienced guys to help with the younger ones coming through at the Storm next year. I will be sad if when we play them that Sims kill us.

justadragon

Bench

I wonder why it was the same for Frizell? And his running game has improved since joining the knights?

It’s almost like the issue isn’t the edge forward
well we all know what the issue was with frizell and then i tend to think that the constant judiciary issues that sims had took the polish and aggression out of him, maybe he can regain that at the storm because they seem to be able to get away with way more than the dragons

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors

1. Because at his age he can only lift on the odd occasion, and would argue most do when it comes to origin.

2. Always will have a soft spot for Frizz, but he still runs that same boneheaded line back on the inside. Good for a barnstorming run but hasn't added anything to his game, still can't pass for the life of him.

3. Host was on the rise but you can't honestly say he's anything but a solid first grader.

BLM01

First Grade

In your sly attempt to have a dig at the club
Agree re Friz, runs more direct, better in out lines and even has a passing game these days.
Host yeah..nah. More consistent but still a bench warmer
That was all under McGregor

Sims, I can remember 1 x good game for origin which I admit was in recent memory being last year
But for many a year has been to inconsistent wherever he has been WIWO

Latest posts