What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tate

carncowboys

Juniors
Heard we where on the front foot of signing Brent Tate as he is off contract at the end of this year. thoughts??

Big Pete

Referee
Isn't Talanoa also slated to sign with the Cowboys?

If he signs for the right price, a centre combo. of Tate/Tonga would be all class.

beave

Coach
Tate is $hithouse.

He is a ball hog and has utter rubbish hands at times. He is $hit on the wing as well.

carncowboys

Juniors
I'd have Tate replace Graham in the centres any day. Graham then slots into wing. surely we coulkd find one more winger to add, if we dont get talanoa, althought the last 2 rabbitohs weve signed have been sh*thouse for us, could be a sign

Big Pete

Referee
If I was scouting for a winger, I'd be going through the NYC.

Most of the NRL wingers are fairly s**t.

Talanexor

Juniors
Whats with all the love for Talanoa? He's no better than Williams or Bani.

And if Tate signs with the Cowboys, we might as well not bother with a right winger - he'll never touch the ball anyway.

Tate would be pretty expensive too. Not a good thing when we still have Mason and LOD to lock up.

Does Matty Sing have any teenage kids running around? Man, what I wouldn't give to have him back.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think there is any love for Talanoa, just that there are rumours of him joining.

As for Tate, you guys are selling him way short. While I wouldn't break the bank for him he's certainly a classy player who is one of the better defensive centres in the game. Without anybody else coming through and with the Cowboys struggling for classy backs I believe Tate would be the ideal signing.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Tate would be a great addition for the Cowboys. He still knows how to break a line, is incredibly well balanced. And his defence is fantastic. You just have to look at the way he contained Tonga last week. He is still a top flight centre although for some reason he isn't highly fancied. He can be a bit of a hog, but so are most centres to some extent, just look at israel folau and junior sau.

elyod138

Bench
I'd be happy with both of them, as long as we don't pay overs.

Talanoa is much better than we have IMO.

He isn't a superstar but he will get the job done, you can't say the same about most of our backs.

Talanexor

Juniors
Don't you know Townsville is where Souths players come to die? Tate>Talanoa, by a fair margin.

Surely we can find some other outside backs.

elyod138

Bench
Don't you know Townsville is where Souths players come to die? Tate>Talanoa, by a fair margin.

Surely we can find some other outside backs.

I'm not comparing them to each other, we need to buy more than one back.

What is wrong with Talanoa?

He is a solid player with good pace who will finish off tries and defend reasonably well, he's exactly the type we need in the backline.

Not everyone in our squad can be a superstar.

beads6

First Grade
Tate is not a bad player but he burns his wingers so bloody often. I suppose that wouldn't matter so much for the cowboys as your wingers a crap. I hope Tate signs with you guys I don't want him back at the Broncos.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I don't think there is any love for Talanoa, just that there are rumours of him joining.

As for Tate, you guys are selling him way short. While I wouldn't break the bank for him he's certainly a classy player who is one of the better defensive centres in the game. Without anybody else coming through and with the Cowboys struggling for classy backs I believe Tate would be the ideal signing.

Tate signing would go a long way to strengthening the Cowboys backline. But most of the posters in here would be upset about this as poor old Ash Graham might lose his spot.

elyod138

Bench
Tate signing would go a long way to strengthening the Cowboys backline. But most of the posters in here would be upset about this as poor old Ash Graham might lose his spot.

I think there would be more of us who would be relieved to see Graham out of first grade.

I think Ash deserves his spot at the moment though, he has been solid for the past few weeks.

Talanexor

Juniors
and that right side defence....

Our right-side defence has actually improved a lot this year. A big reason for that has been Ash Graham improving his defensive reads out of sight - credit where credit's due and all that.

Our biggest issue in defence has been that we're compressing in the middle too much, which works when you have backrowers who can make 3 or 4 tackles in a row, but not when you have a pack full of guys like Scott, Kaufusi, Manuokafoa, Webb and Mason.

That, and our wingers are both sh*t.