What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor's Troubles

seedy

Juniors
Its going to be very interesting to see where souths end up coming on the table this year.From what i have seen of souths this year they are gone and already have there name on the wooden spoon!With big names players on wing and luke on the side lines from long periods vagana in no mans land and ready to walk away but by far jason taylors biggest worry would have to be the form of some of theres big name forwards.I'm not sure if Big roy is injured or he just looks very tired in game and looks like he could do with a few weeks off,kidwell well maybe his gone one year to many or does he need a good kick up the arse from his movie star owner!Widders well i think its just the case of one year to many.Jason taylor is the one he has his head on the chopping block and he has to be the long to get this team (in 08) firing,its no good looking ahead to 2009 cause im sure it will be much the same team!

Luke Capewell
Beau Champion
Scott Geddes
Michael Greenfield
Ben Lowe
Shannan McPherson
Germaine Paulson
Ben Rogers
Jeremy Smith
Luke Stuart
Nigel Vagana

I would renew the above bolded player"s contracts, Rogers i am 50/50 with, dont care either way whether we renew his contract or he goes.

So that is a fair bit of cap space there, to perhaps sign a couple of good players, and some fringe players.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Luke Capewell
Beau Champion
Scott Geddes
Michael Greenfield
Ben Lowe
Shannan McPherson
Germaine Paulson
Ben Rogers
Jeremy Smith
Luke Stuart
Nigel Vagana

I would renew the above bolded player"s contracts, Rogers i am 50/50 with, dont care either way whether we renew his contract or he goes.

So that is a fair bit of cap space there, to perhaps sign a couple of good players, and some fringe players.

i think rogers will be ousted to make room to sign paea to a long term deal. smart move. rogers has had his chance to cement a spot

Dave Q

Coach
Luke Capewell
Beau Champion
Scott Geddes
Michael Greenfield
Ben Lowe
Shannan McPherson
Germaine Paulson
Ben Rogers
Jeremy Smith
Luke Stuart
Nigel Vagana

Judging by his stats, Stuart is still one of our best forwards. Smith is still settling in. He's never played with Sutto before last week and my feeling is that they will almost certainly get another go v Sharks.

Champion's had a fair game considering the stellar class of his opponents.

The jury is still out on the other non-bolded.

Lets not swing the axe too wildly.

Not so long ago, most people blamed hegs for every wrong under the sun. Well he's fugging kicking some ass now.

He was just about the best player on the park yesterday. If all of the Souths players had played as well as did, we would have won.

Judging by his stats, Stuart is still one of our best forwards. Smith is still settling in. He's never played with Sutto before last week and my feeling is that they will almost certainly get another go v Sharks.

Champion's had a fair game considering the stellar class of his opponents.

The jury is still out on the other non-bolded.

Lets not swing the axe too wildly.

Not so long ago, most people blamed hegs for every wrong under the sun. Well he's fugging kicking some ass now.

He was just about the best player on the park yesterday. If all of the Souths players had played as well as did, we would have won.

Oh I agree, Stuart is by far our consistent forward since re-admission, but he is turning 32 this year, and I just dont know whether we will extend his contract for another year, he might wanna go to england and play one or two solid years there. if we extend his contract its money well-spent, but i dont think we will for some reason.

Paullyboy

Coach
I was going to say that I was really impressed with Luke Stuart on the weekend, I'd never really watched him that closely untill the Manly game but he was in everything and unlike most work-horse type backrowers his hit-ups actually had a bit of punch to them.

I like Luke Stuart also but when players reach that age, as a club you really should be looking elsewhere. If he does re-sign it should be on a year by year basis.

Luke Capewell - Agree should retain
Beau Champion - Agree although he is ok for depth
Scott Geddes - Gone
Michael Greenfield - Should sign at all cost
Ben Lowe - Agree should retain as he will be a gun in 12 months time
Shannan McPherson - Gone
Germaine Paulson - Gone
Ben Rogers - Ok for depth but nothing more
Jeremy Smith - Gone please, please, please!
Luke Stuart - One year contract max
Nigel Vagana - gone

A lot of dead wood and old timers there. I think Vagana's money would have been used for Luke Lewis and apart from that, the cash from the likes of Jeremy Smith will be used to upgrade Greenfield and Lowe. I don't think there will be a lot of cookies left in the jar after that.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Scott Geddes - Gone
Shannan McPherson - Gone
Germaine Paulson - Gone
Nigel Vagana - gone

A lot of dead wood and old timers there. I think Vagana's money would have been used for Luke Lewis and apart from that, the cash from the likes of Jeremy Smith will be used to upgrade Greenfield and Lowe. I don't think there will be a lot of cookies left in the jar after that.

i heard cusacks money has been spent on lewis

Zetland Rabbit

Juniors
Scott Geddes - Gone
Shannan McPherson - Gone
Germaine Paulson - Gone
Nigel Vagana - gone

Agree with all of the above regarding players to get rid off or keep.

Im also tempted to add Dean Widders to that list, if he doesn't start shaping up soon. (Is it just me, or has he been asleep since the official opening of the NRL season).

Heggarty should also not be with Souths come 2009, as he is past his best regardless if he had an ok game last weekend. a couple of average games every three years isn't enough in my books.

I seriously believe we need to buy a quality Fullback in 2009 to also help our problems. Luke Lewis is a good start but we need to do more then just that, considering all of the talent/experience we lost in 2007.

Dave Q

Coach
Agree with all of the above regarding players to get rid off or keep.

Im also tempted to add Dean Widders to that list, if he doesn't start shaping up soon. (Is it just me, or has he been asleep since the official opening of the NRL season).

Heggarty should also not be with Souths come 2009, as he is past his best regardless if he had an ok game last weekend. a couple of average games every three years isn't enough in my books.

I seriously believe we need to buy a quality Fullback in 2009 to also help our problems. Luke Lewis is a good start but we need to do more then just that, considering all of the talent/experience we lost in 2007.

:lol::cool:

Cruel!

I'm loving his comeback.

Hegs for origin