What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te Maire Martin

MacDougall

First Grade
The Tigers choosing not to activate an 85k option to keep him another season is going to go down as the stupidest decision in NRL history mark my words. This kid is going to be rookie of the year next year, score 10 tries and set up 20.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Gonna look good next year with Soward in the halves hopefully.

Knowing Penrith though he probably wont even get a look in next year.

MacDougall

First Grade
Oh he'll play first grade... No question. He's better than any half in Penrith right now imo. He's better than both of ours no question.

MacDougall

First Grade
You've not seen him I take it?

The kid has a game that will translate to NRL. He cuts open defences because he runs to the line and throws perfect passes to his forwards. His whole game is based on putting backrowers into gaps. He's going to turn Bryce Cartwright into Sonny Bill Williams.

His perfect passing game forces players to lay off him, and then he has an incredible sidestep that makes him a huge running threat.

Top it off he has a fine short and long kicking game.

He's a complete half. He's not like a one dimensional NYC guy who stands out because the level is bad. His few games in NSW cup he carved up that level in exactly the same way, and the Panthers have the guys outside him to make him even more threatening than he is for the Tigers...

Last edited:

lafai

Bench
I just saw him in the 20's today he's pretty good at that level. Just saying we have to see how he translates in to first grade before judging.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Looked very good today V the Sharkies. Defences in NRL might be a little harder to penetrate than Under 20's though. But it'll be fun to see how he goes in the top grade

gronkathon

First Grade
He is good but still not sold he makes the step up.

The weakest part of NYC is fringe defence IMO. Wait as see

nick87

Coach
I havent seen a lot of him, what i have seen was extremely impressive. It's a VERY strange decision from the Tigers. Might be one they really live to regret.
Ill be super keen to see him play next year

You've not seen him I take it?

The kid has a game that will translate to NRL. He cuts open defences because he runs to the line and throws perfect passes to his forwards. His whole game is based on putting backrowers into gaps. He's going to turn Bryce Cartwright into Sonny Bill Williams.

His perfect passing game forces players to lay off him, and then he has an incredible sidestep that makes him a huge running threat.

Top it off he has a fine short and long kicking game.

He's a complete half. He's not like a one dimensional NYC guy who stands out because the level is bad. His few games in NSW cup he carved up that level in exactly the same way, and the Panthers have the guys outside him to make him even more threatening than he is for the Tigers...

Cartwright has far more talent than SBW from this biased Panthers fans point of view

betcats

Referee
Haven't you blooded a shit load of kids over the past few years?

Yes we have blooded heaps. 3 or 4 teenagers last year alone plus a few more young guys this year. This myth we hold players back keeps getting round Panthers forums because in 2011 Gus said he thinks most kids need to play NSW cup before FG which all of these kids have. We will debut atleast 3 or 4 more next season aswell. Martin is chance after some nsw cup, Kikau will figure then we have our 20s which have been going very well including the best playing up in nsw cup. The whole plan is to bring these kids through and its been happening and will continue next year.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
From our 20s players Kotoa will be our backup hooker and will likely debut at some point. JFH, Albert, Clark, Leota and CHN are all nyc forwards that have played up this year and done very well we still lead nsw cup despite the injuries so the kids filling in are handling it, theres good chance some of these guys could get a run aswell.

POPEYE

Coach
I just him in the 20's today he's pretty good at that level. Just saying we have to see how he translates in to first grade before judging.

A perfect example for someone looking for a demarcation point between buying and poaching . . . wait to see if he's any good and if he is then claim he was poached or take a chance and offer NRL to the bloke before he is 'tagged'

Latest posts