What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Rolla

Juniors
While we are all excited...

Given it seems that Jamal is heading to the gold coast, and Boyd will be following Bennett, How would you shuffle the squad to accommodate him?

It seems Snowy will be here next year too so how will our forward pack shape up?

Rolla

Juniors
I'd be looking at -
1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Jnr
4. Gids
5. Jimmy
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Degoise
10. Costigan
11. Taia
12. Pato
13. House

14. Hilder
15. Tui
16. Faas
17. Mark T/Kaufusi/Eddy

Jono078

Referee
Preferred team also with option B;

1 Kurt Gidley (B) Darius Boyd
2 James McManus
3 Darius Boyd (B) Naiqama?
4 Junior Sau
5 Aku Uate
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Beau Henry
8 Kade Snowden
9 Isaac De Gois (B) Kurt Gidley
10 Neville Costigan
11 Zeb Taia
12 Cory Paterson
13 Chris Houston
--
14 Matt Hilder
15 Richie Fa'aoso
16 Zane Tetevano / O'Donnell / Cook
17 Joel Edwards / Tuimavave / Alamaoi

Gaba

First Grade
if rumours are true boyd isnt that keen of newcastle, but you have Bennett now and we will see if the rumours are true about boyd

perverse

Referee
i think this might be worth further investigation if Gids wants to take on the line so often:

1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. De Gois
13. Gidley (c)

hmm. thoughts? Gids wouldn't be much smaller than an Alan Tongue, would he? how good is that for a f**king spine? in fact here you go, just with Boyd and Snowy coming:

1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. ???
5. Uate
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Costigan
11. Taia
12. Houston
13. Gidley (c)

14. Hilder
15. ???
16. Fa'aoso
17. ???

very, very, very capable team, that one. fill in the centre with Likkers or another signing perhaps. you've got Tetevano, Kyle O'Donnell, Ethan Cook coming through and are all looking likely for first grade... although we'll have to see on Tetevano given the way they are using him in NSW cup.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Paterson and Edwards would have to be in that team somewhere, surely.

perverse

Referee
Paterson and Edwards would have to be in that team somewhere, surely.
yeah, in the 15... i just don't know how much longer he's going to hang around with Mundine in his corner now. i get the feeling when his contract is up, he'll be outta here... but now that we have Bennett who knows.

Noname36

First Grade
yeah, in the 15... i just don't know how much longer he's going to hang around with Mundine in his corner now. i get the feeling when his contract is up, he'll be outta here... but now that we have Bennett who knows.

Bennett will get him on the right track. If there's one player I think Bennett will have a huge impact on it's Paterson.

1. Gidley/Boyd
2. Uate
3. Boyd/Gidley
4. Sau (if he stays if not Wes/Likiliki)
5. McManus

6. Henry
7. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Costigan (I think Bennett may play him where he performed so well at Saints)
11. Taia (fingers crossed his injury isn't career ending)
12. Paterson
13. Houston

Alex28

Coach
Any other decent centres on the market?

Gidley in the centres won't be too bad. Good runner (when he runs straight), won't have to overplay his hand every time because that isn't his role.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't mind the Gidley to lock idea, he might be small but he played well above his weight and he's more than capable of playing the full 80mins. Also DeGois can concentrate more on being an impact hooker rather than try to be a 70 minute workhorse hooker. Would also allow us to have 4 genuine forwards on the bench

aqua_duck

Coach
btw if we have Boyd at fullback I'm guessing every single kick will go to Jimmy Mac, last thing a team would want is Boyd linking up with Uate off a kick return

KempoKnight

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Sau
4. Gidley ( the quality ball Gids could get to aku would be amazing )
5. Mcmanus
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Cositgan
11. Taia
12. Patterson
13. Houston

14. Fa'aso
15. Tuimavave
16. Kaufusi
17. Hilder

This side guided under bennet would be amazing.

otori

Juniors
Kempo you need a little more Cook and a little less Kaufusi. Then it's perfect.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gids to centre would be my prefered switch

He has the right skills and it would allow him to pick and choose his dummy half running, similar to what Justin Hodges does.

Rolla

Juniors
btw if we have Boyd at fullback I'm guessing every single kick will go to Jimmy Mac, last thing a team would want is Boyd linking up with Uate off a kick return

Hope Jimmy has a screamer this year and proves me wrong, however i would think his wing spot is probably the only weak spot next year in the back line. Could do with an upgrade there, i think Boyd would be wasted on the flank though.

Noname36

First Grade
Jimmy Mac seems like the type of winger that Bennett would love. I'd say he's safe.

I've also been hearing rumors that Boyd isn't keen on Newcastle. It's not locked in that he'll be here. Not that I'd mind. I like the spine we have now, and I'm sure Bennett could find us/develop us a decent centre.

I know Bennett said during the All Stars that he liked Gidley in the halves. I hope Henry isn't moved along. I really think he could be our long-term 6. Gids isn't a natural playmaker, and he'll probably be past his best in a couple of years.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Kempo you need a little more Cook and a little less Kaufusi. Then it's perfect.

Id absolutely love to see cook named in the starting 17 at some point this season with a look to cementing a spot for next year but Im not sure how likely that is. Seems alot of nuffys are rated higher then him sadly.

Latest posts