What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

broncos2010

Juniors
every time I think of Danny Buderus I think of Matt Orford a good player before he went to the super league but came back a total dud.

I hope he does not have the same fate but at 35 or what ever ....

Biggest difference is Danny isn't a journeyman like Ox. Orford is a mystery as far as why he lost form so fast. Bedsy has plenty of reasons to find somewhere near his best in that he is home.

EdLondon

Juniors
I wouldn't mind seeing Stig given some time at hooker during the season. He's got the zip off the mark and is pretty stocky. With a teacher like Buderus he may blossom in that position.

aqua_duck

Coach
The problem is Orford was thrown straight in the fire, no Campese, no Dugan, out of form pack in front of him plus his time in England was marred by injury and he was injured abit this year aswell. Buderus is here to play a role, provide abit of experience and leadership, no one expects him to lead the team round the park and win games himself, also he's fresh from a grand final win over there

otori

Juniors
Why not train Waltzing to play in the centers rather than Naiqama at hooker?? Way more versatile and useful. So do we have a good idea of our top 25 now with Cuthbertson officially in an Mika officially gone?

billy2

Juniors
I only see two roles for Hilder in our new and improved squad - hooker or reserve grader - and i don't see him as the type of hooker we should be aspiring to have - but it looks like we don't have a million options.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I only see two roles for Hilder in our new and improved squad - hooker or reserve grader - and i don't see him as the type of hooker we should be aspiring to have - but it looks like we don't have a million options.

Well I can also see him rotating with our backrow, specifically Eddy and Nev, to allow more flexability with our frontrow options

Yosh

Coach
Isn't Hilder the perfect 18th man? I don't think he'll be in our top 17 but will play more that 60% of the season due to injuries, rep games and squad rotation.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Righteo billy

Forget the fact we leak points like a sieve anytime he is out of the team

Waltzing's value to our side seems to be grossly underestimated

aqua_duck

Coach
Righteo billy

Exactly. Every champion team needs a workhorse who rolls up the sleeves and gets the job done, guys like Dallas Johnson, Michael Luck, Scott Sattler, and obviously our own Bill Peden, not flashiest, not the best but ultra reliable and good defenders with a big motor and tonnes of heart, Hilder fits that description to a tee, throw in his flexibility and experience and for mine he's a no brainer

Silent Knight

First Grade
Righteo billy

Damn straight. You saw what happened when we played the Dogs in the latter part of the 2011 season. I'll throw a speculator out there and say if Hilder was available for that game, we would have won it easily (as in Tim & Tom EAAASSSSILLLLLYYYY).

perverse

Referee
Hilder will be one of the first picked every week i would say, even if it's in the #14. he is footy team glue.

billy2

Juniors
Aku is a much better winger than Boyd.
He works harder for Aus than he does for Newcastle.

Stoney is talking about asking Civo and Tuquiri to play for Fiji when he coaches them in the world cup - bet he'd love to talk Aku into it too.