What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2025

perverse

Referee
According to the Stats some of our bench didn’t play big minutes, unaware of injuries, Jones played 52min, Croker 31min, Hetherington 24min and Gamble 15min. Except for Jones those are low so might have contributed to fatigue,
This is one of AOBs biggest weak points. He seems shithouse at using the bench and keeping fresh legs on the field throughout the 80. It's been a recurring issue since he got here, and has cost us matches.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Hetho cannot see he has a golden opportunity to nail down the vacant front row spot, then there is no hope for him. He is actually the perfect age now to have a solid final third of his career and become the player we have been led to believe he is. If he holds off J Saf from a starting berth then it is no brainer to move J Saf on when the time arrives. Hopgood hopefully shows he is up to it in a few years.
I thought Hethrington was much improved later in the year and after reading the article in the Newcastle Herald last week I can completely understand why he was struggling earlier in the year. For those who didn’t see the article basically his newborn son was suffering from a condition called Tracheomalacia which impacts the airways and restricts breathing during sleep, he and his wife had to insert an airway tube into the baby’s nose each night just to keep him alive, apparently he and his wife were understandably sleep deprived and the kid went through several surgeries to fix the issue which luckily they managed to do so which is around the time Hethrington started to find some form.

Yosh

Coach
I thought Hethrington was much improved later in the year and after reading the article in the Newcastle Herald last week I can completely understand why he was struggling earlier in the year. For those who didn’t see the article basically his newborn son was suffering from a condition called Tracheomalacia which impacts the airways and restricts breathing during sleep, he and his wife had to insert an airway tube into the baby’s nose each night just to keep him alive, apparently he and his wife were understandably sleep deprived and the kid went through several surgeries to fix the issue which luckily they managed to do so which is around the time Hethrington started to find some form.
It's so easy to be a keyboard warrior and hammer away at people these days. Hope his family is past the worst of it and his kid is healthy and happy!!! Wouldn't want to uproot his whole family and shaft him when he is going through something so serious. Hope the club deals with it the right way.

aqua_duck

Coach
It's so easy to be a keyboard warrior and hammer away at people these days. Hope his family is past the worst of it and his kid is healthy and happy!!! Wouldn't want to uproot his whole family and shaft him when he is going through something so serious. Hope the club deals with it the right way.
Luckily from all reports they’ve sorted the issues and the kid should be able to lead a perfectly normal life. The optimist in me hopes he can start 2025 fresh and strong because at his best he’s definitely an asset

Knight Tales

Bench
Very sad to read this. But very happy to read further on that his little boy is going to be ok. Will be a huge off season for him. I'd like nothing more than to see him secure a front row berth here until he retires. When he signed here i was very excited to see him finally get the chance to reach the potential he has always had. I still hold out that hope.