What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team announced for our qualifying final (Week 1)

knightsgal85

Juniors
Knights v Roosters First Grade Team Semi Final Week 1

Source: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=203&zoneid=1

NEWCASTLE v ROOSTERS FINALS – WEEK 1 AT AUSSIE STADIUM

7.30pm Saturday 13th SEPTEMBER 2003

FIRST GRADE

Coach: Michael Hagan

1. Robbie O'Davis
2. Craig Hall
3. Matthew Gidley
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Sean Rudder
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Matt Parsons
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Ben Kennedy (c)

Interchange

14. Matthew Jobson
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Reegan Tanner
17. Luke Quigley
18. Todd Lowrie

(One to be omitted).

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
foetus_head said:

thats what i thought as well

we need that man to combinate with Gids once again, and produce a win out of it. We're strong in that corner when T and Gids are there.

Hally and Gids.... :?: :?:

doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as the T and Gids combo :(

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
this week would be the greatest thing of the year so far to come from the Knights if we managed to take this win.

think about it.

Roosters out in the FIRST WEEK

it would be like a dream come true to see the 2002 Grand Final winners knocked out first week, no chances. Even better if we thrashed them.

Lets just hope dreams can come true, and Saturday isn't our last Knightmare :)

tigermite

Juniors
ReplicatedGod said:
this week would be the greatest thing of the year so far to come from the Knights if we managed to take this win.

think about it.

Roosters out in the FIRST WEEK

it would be like a dream come true to see the 2002 Grand Final winners knocked out first week, no chances. Even better if we thrashed them.

Lets just hope dreams can come true, and Saturday isn't our last Knightmare :)
The Roosters cannot be eliminated this week. 1st and 2nd places are the only two teams guaranteed of going through to at least the 2nd week of the finals. Since the Roosters finished 2nd, they will be there come week 2 if they lose this weekend, and if they win, they will be through to week 3.

Missa

Juniors
im disappointed for tahu and for myself coz i cant watch him play again till next season.......my heart aches...lol....other than that blow i think we have a strong side but kidley need to be superb with his kicks...

knightsno1fan

Juniors
ReplicatedGod said:
foetus_head said:

thats what i thought as well

we need that man to combinate with Gids once again, and produce a win out of it. We're strong in that corner when T and Gids are there.

Hally and Gids.... :?: :?:

doesn't really roll off the tongue as well as the T and Gids combo :(
I know :cry: We really needed that combination to get the points on the board. But I still have faith in the boys, they can still pull off this win.

MoJack

Juniors
Knights have no chance IMHO 8)

The Roosters wont drop a game in the semis until the grand final against the mighty Penrith Panthers

GO THE PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor

Bench
The loss of Tahu is significant. I think he creates half-chances with his involvement, and seems to cope well when faced with overlaps. Quinn and Hall's defence is more worrying, but these things develop with experience, although one wonders whether Tahu is just naturally cool under pressure.

The Knights haven't ruled out playing Tahu - he underwent some surgery last night and apparently might just scrape into the side for Saturday if he can get the physio to work overtime on getting him up to scratch. It is make or break stuff - the concept of Tahu resting for this game in the hope of playing next week would be seen as ridiculous by most. This is a tough game, and if the Knights can actually sneak in a win then they'll no doubt face easier opposition next week.

The key inclusion is BK - the surprising thing is that our forwards actually gained many metres last week without Kennedy's influence - this is an important selection then for the Knights because he brings experience, form and inspiration to a side that is already performing well in the forwards.

Not our strongest team, but I still think we're good enough to spring an upset.

Faranah

Juniors
all i can say is good luck to us! i really wish Tahu were there though :cry: anyway i hope he is better so that if we win he can continue for us in the semis

keeney

First Grade
can someone tell me whats happening with price, did he fracture his jaw gainst teh cowboys, is he available this week?

snapper

Juniors
keeney said:
can someone tell me whats happening with price, did he fracture his jaw gainst teh cowboys, is he available this week?
Yeh, he's got a broken jaw. No chance of him playing on saturday night.

Jedda

Juniors
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Tahu makes it on to the field for this game. The opportunity of watching him and Gids turn Walker inside-out would be too great to miss.

Bad luck for Price, I thought he had a great game on Sunday and a chance of playing in the finals would have been a great experience for him.

Still, looking forward to watching those players who make up our team giving it their all this weekend.

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
The Roosters line up like this:

Team:
1.Anthony Minichiello
2.Todd Byrne
3.Ryan Cross
4.Shannon Hegarty
5.Chris Walker
6.Brad Fittler (c)
7.Brett Finch
8.Jason Cayless
9.Craig Wing
10.Adrian Morley
11.Michael Crocker
12.Chris Flannery
13.Luke Ricketson

Interchange:
14.Ned Catic
15.Andrew Lomu
16.Craig Fitzgibbon
17.Stuart Webb
18.Chad Robinson
(one to be omitted).

Innconu

Juniors
MoJack said:

The Roosters wont drop a game in the semis until the grand final against the mighty Penrith Panthers

What a panthers supporter comes in here craps on the Knights and has the balls to rip off my Avatar as well. :-k

Man Mo get out of here before Curly kicks your arse Woop Woop Woop \\:D/

Terminator

First Grade
MoJack said:

Keep dreaming, Roosters will be smashed by the Knights on Saturday night, then if they meet your silly panthers they will smash them too.

legallyblonde

Juniors
positive thinker termy!

Wish i was the same...I honestly dont think we can beat the roosters with our current lineup.
But ay heres for hoping we can tho :)