What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Cowboys game - Walsh dropped, Austin in.

betcats

Referee
Ive not seen Whare catch anything on the full or support anyonw up the middle. Was wes hooked? f**ken hope so

Randy81

Juniors
Sure was Murray.

Put Daniela over for our 1st try. 20 left we are down 16-12. 3rd tackle 20 out from our own line. He gets it steps runs it to inside 10 from scoring. Next tackle Nabuli in. Next set puts Robinson away down the left.

No errors at the back either.

All valid points though if he only did the last sentence then it would be a significant improvement on tonight's effort. Whare to centre and moylan fb... seems so easy

mxlegend99

Referee
I just hope our halves aren't punished for that loss. 4 of those tries were from Whare and Wes Naiqama... drop Wes and have Whare at centre, the 2 tries he was out of position for probably don't happen, nor do the 2 tries Whare gifted the opposition by being an awful fullback.

Austin and Humble had very few chances tonight. The game was over almost immediately and the errors just didn't award them chances to turn things around. I also hope the coach remembers that Burns and Walsh lost twice last year in consecutive weeks with the same margin... and that neither was dropped for it.

chrisD

Coach
2 tries he was out of position for probably don't happen

I'm really curious to know how Bowen is stopped if Wes doesn't come in on him and also where Wes should have been to prevent Humble falling for Thurston's dummy and Newton being too slow to cover from the inside.

betcats

Referee
I'm really curious to know how Bowen is stopped if Wes doesn't come in on him and also where Wes should have been to prevent Humble falling for Thurston's dummy and Newton being too slow to cover from the inside.

I agree that the last try wasnt his fault but wen JT makes that break Wes turns and jogs down field, with some others, f**ken pathetic.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I just hope our halves aren't punished for that loss. 4 of those tries were from Whare and Wes Naiqama... drop Wes and have Whare at centre, the 2 tries he was out of position for probably don't happen, nor do the 2 tries Whare gifted the opposition by being an awful fullback.

Austin and Humble had very few chances tonight. The game was over almost immediately and the errors just didn't award them chances to turn things around. I also hope the coach remembers that Burns and Walsh lost twice last year in consecutive weeks with the same margin... and that neither was dropped for it.

humble didn't have a clue tonight out there and his average at best cant believe people actually rate him at all. Walsh is the best half we have simple as that. After reading your past posts i am surprised you didn't find a way to blame Walsh for us losing this game.

i do agree Wes is f**ken terrible tho

murraymob

Coach

the second try he not only did not take the man carrying the ball he stood there and did not go for the man who recieved the ball after it was passed.He is a winger nothing more.Sadly apart from Whare there is no one who can replace him anyway.The back line stocks at penrith are poor at best

chrisD

Coach
I agree that the last try wasnt his fault but wen JT makes that break Wes turns and jogs down field, with some others, f**ken pathetic.

Yeah well he could have run faster it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference, Simmons was about 10m deeper without forward momentum and couldn't get within 5m of the try scorer. That try was a simple miss from Newton, but our edge defence is fully f**ked structurally on both sides, it's no one player being caught out of position. We're short all the time and half the players look to be playing a different style of up and in defence from the other half. Cleary has got to get it sorted out.

the second try he not only did not take the man carrying the ball he stood there and did not go for the man who recieved the ball after it was passed.He is a winger nothing more.Sadly apart from Whare there is no one who can replace him anyway.The back line stocks at penrith are poor at best

It was 3 on 2 when Bowen came around the corner, humble should have had Bowen but took the decoy player, but even then the decoy player makes 4 attackers to the 3 defenders we had, we were all ready outnumbered from the inside. It was over when Bowen came out the back, Wes held him up and made him throw the last pass, barring an extra defender there was no stopping it unless he and Simmons had both rushed in much earlier.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
We need Whare at centre. It has to happen.

I don't care if it is Moylan or Mansour...we need a new fullback asap.

We will cripple Whare if he stays at fullback.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't know who was at fault for the 2nd try. Though everytime the other team gets a big backline set with players in montion they score.

chrisD

Coach
I don't know who was at fault for the 2nd try. Though everytime the other team gets a big backline set with players in montion they score.

Just a garden variety NRL play, fullback coming around the back and slotting into the backline to make an extra number. But to our defence it may as well be a quantum physics equation.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just a garden variety NRL play, fullback coming around the back and slotting into the backline to make an extra number. But to our defence it may as well be a quantum physics equation.

Yep. Mead scored a very simple try down Tighe's side last week. Merritt similar the week before. Just very easy. Every team does it yet we can't stop it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. Mead scored a very simple try down Tighe's side last week. Merritt similar the week before. Just very easy. Every team does it yet we can't stop it.
Well both our centres are poor defenders... Wes puts half hearted efforts into many tackle attempts and is out of position on many plays. It doesn't help when David Simmons is also an average winger at best, but he looks like a star when compared to Wes IMO.

Whare is a strong defensive centre. He was awesome for New Zealand in defence... and obviously he is poor at fullback. So throwing him at centre and dropping Wes Naiqama improves 2 positions, and in this latest game it is a 2 to 4 tries less scored against us... which also improves our possession and in turn could possibly add to our try tally. But it's hard to know what effects happen if we have a fullback who catches those 2 tries that Whare let in, or Whare at centre to improve our defence in 2 basic tries scored against us.

Obviously it's possible that Whare could have made those poor defensive reads also... but I honestly can't see him being anywhere near as poorly positioned or as half hearted in defence as Wes. Not after his form in the centres for Manly and New Zealand.

franklin2323

Immortal
Last year Tighe/Simmons on the right weren't too bad. Yet supercoach puts Tighe on the left now. Given Mansour likes to come in & Tighe likes hanging back. Tighe on the right. Whare on the left works better then the garbage we have now.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Just been looking at the stats of last nights slaughter. Wes made 5 tackles and missed 3, he also gave 3 of our 10 penalties. It time he had a run with the Wolves. Whare needs to move to center. He adds nothing at the back. Can't catch can't back-up an I can't remember him injecting himself into the back line.

Surprisingly Chiraldo topped the tackle count with 33 with no missed tackles!

Mansour , Brown and Grant were the only players to run more than 100 meters.

Could be a very long season if we don't make some changes soon.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's east not to miss tackles when you pile in on players that have already been stopped. 37 tackles according to nrlstats, and not a single one on one tackle. Also equally as good were his 7 runs for 40m gained.

The real star of our second row the past couple of weeks has been Lewis Brown. 13 runs for 115m gained, 3 tackle breaks, 3 offloads, 31 tackles / 2 missed and 2 one on one tackles.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone else worried that if we don't win with Austin having a man of the match performance, that Luke Walsh will be recalled immediately and not even considered for axing again?

There's also the chance that Walsh gets recalled on game day like Coote did last season after being "dropped for disciplinary reasons". I'm hoping that Austin and Humble both carve up and that it's impossible to justify dropping either of them. Although I could still see Cleary just moving Austin to lock so that Walsh can keep his spot.

Bump. Different tune now hey Mx

mxlegend99

Referee
Bump. Different tune now hey Mx
How so? By not agreeing with everything every coach has done? Thats the exact same tune.

Never have I said any Panthers coach was perfect. You are clearly getting desparate trying go search old threads and using that as a different tune.