What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week against Penrith

coach

Team for next week against Penrith
After last nights effort you would expect many changes to the team. But the problem is who do you replace them with?

Our U-20's team is not exactly on fire. They lost yesterday to a very much weakened Tigers outfit. A loss that most likely will put them out of the eight. Plus outside of captain Jason Clark I don't see anyone being ready to be promoted.

Our NSW Cup team, Norths are not the powerhouse they have been previously in that competition. Looking at there team that was to play the Central Coast this weekend there is no one there who excites me. Some of them have already been tried and failed, such as Champion, Falloon and the Lowe brothers.

On what I saw last night the following players should be dropped.

John Sutton
Chris Sandow
Scott Geddes
Roy Asotasi
David Fa'alogo
Shannnan McPherson
Issac Luke
Garret Crossman

But as I said, who do you replace them with?

glory glory

Juniors
1. Merritt
2. Simpson
3. Best
4. Champion
5. Talanoa
6. Wing
7. Sandow
8. Stuart
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Pettybourne
12. Crocker
13. Sutton
14. Fa'alogo
15. Geddes
16. Kidwell
17. B. Lowe

Coach: John Lang

1. Merritt
2. Simpson
3. Best
4. Champion
5. Talanoa
6. Wing
7. Sandow
8. Stuart
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Pettybourne
12. Crocker
13. Sutton
14. Fa'alogo
15. Geddes
16. Kidwell
17. B. Lowe

Coach: John Lang

Lol. No change apart from the coach. Is that you JT. How can you constantly keep on picking Champion and Talanoa..Their sensei in defence is Hegarty, they offer nothing out of the ordinary in attack, Both completely woeful players.

We have nothing to lose what-so-ever.

Malcolm WEBSTER
Nathan MERRITT
Colin BEST
Taioalo VAI VAI
Kane MORGAN
Craig WING
Chris SANDOW
Eddy PETTYBOURNE
Issac LUKE
SCOTT GEDDES
Roy ASOTASI (c)
Michael CROCKER
John SUTTON

Jamie SIMPSON
David FA'ALOGO
Luke STUART
Jason CLARK

glory glory

Juniors
Lol. Pettybourne at front row.
I don't think you are serious comparing Champion and Talanoa to Hegarty.
The team is different because Capewell is out Wing is at 5/8 and Sutton at lock. I have also got Pettybourne and Luke starting. Haven't seen Vai Vai but if he is ready then bring him in and put Simpson on the bench. I think Webster is a talent but worry if it is too soon for him in 1st grade.
The main problem is not the players but their attitude that is why the last change is the most important. Coach John Lang.

The team is different because Capewell is out Wing is at 5/8 and Sutton at lock. I have also got Pettybourne and Luke starting. Haven't seen Vai Vai but if he is ready then bring him in and put Simpson on the bench. I think Webster is a talent but worry if it is too soon for him in 1st grade.
The main problem is not the players but their attitude that is why the last change is the most important. Coach John Lang.

Vai Vai has been ready for weeks now, It's just JT doesn't think so.

Vai Vai's stats says it all really, From 14 games, He has scored 15 tries, made 21 line breaks, 3 line break assists, and 4 try assists along with 69 tackle breaks this season. His line break stat is 6 better than any other outside back in the NYC.

He runs the ball like a forward and tries to outmuscle anyone in his path, He has amazing strength, is a handful close to the line, his last two tries he has just outmuscled 3 or 4 defenders to crash over.

He reminds me of a fitter, stronger, faster version of Yileen Gordon of 2005 who looks like he has continued on with his potential, Unlike Buddy.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Firstly I think people have to realise that both Wing and Crocker will not be available due to SOO selection. Kidwell, Jaiman Lowe, Champion and Tyrell should all come in.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Guys, Wing and Crocker won't be playing against the Panthers due to SOO so we can't select them.

So we will need to make changes. I'm happy to blood some new talent in this game and try a few things.

1.Wesser/Webster - need a real fullback. Both are and good under the high ball and good in attack.
2.Merritt - we need a quality winger.
3.Best - picked by default.
4.Farrell - would be the 3rd best centre in the NYC IMO. Has the size to play in the centres.
5.Vaivai - would be 1st or 2nd best centre in the NYC. A little bit smaller but very strong and powerful runner.
6.Capewell - time to give the kid a shot at his natural position.
7.Sandow - will get to run the team with out sutton and has good partnership with Capewell in the halves.
8.Geddes - needs a lot more game time, in solid form.
9.Luke - 80 mins. Time for him to prove himself as a 80 min hooker.
10.Asotasi - longer Geddes is out there the better he will be.
11.Stuart - no need for words. Start at back row and move to prop when geddes goes off.
12.Faalago - picked by default
13.Sutton - releive some pressure off him. Let him get involved when he needs to and run out wide.

14.Tyrrel - utiltiy player, backrow, centre or wing if needed. prefer backrow
15.Pettyborune - used as backrower and not a prop
16.J Lowe - would only use him if we get a injury
17.Clark - use a lock or back up hooker if needed

Guys, Wing and Crocker won't be playing against the Panthers due to SOO so we can't select them.

So we will need to make changes. I'm happy to blood some new talent in this game and try a few things.

1.Wesser/Webster - need a real fullback. Both are and good under the high ball and good in attack.
2.Merritt - we need a quality winger.
3.Best - picked by default.
4.Farrell - would be the 3rd best centre in the NYC IMO. Has the size to play in the centres.
5.Vaivai - would be 1st or 2nd best centre in the NYC. A little bit smaller but very strong and powerful runner.
6.Capewell - time to give the kid a shot at his natural position.
7.Sandow - will get to run the team with out sutton and has good partnership with Capewell in the halves.
8.Geddes - needs a lot more game time, in solid form.
9.Luke - 80 mins. Time for him to prove himself as a 80 min hooker.
10.Asotasi - longer Geddes is out there the better he will be.
11.Stuart - no need for words. Start at back row and move to prop when geddes goes off.
12.Faalago - picked by default
13.Sutton - releive some pressure off him. Let him get involved when he needs to and run out wide.

14.Tyrrel - utiltiy player, backrow, centre or wing if needed. prefer backrow
15.Pettyborune - used as backrower and not a prop
16.J Lowe - would only use him if we get a injury
17.Clark - use a lock or back up hooker if needed

Who do you honestly think is a better centre than Vai Vai?

Sonic Star

Juniors
Who do you honestly think is a better centre than Vai Vai?

Better defender and He's just as good in attack.

Vaivai and Morgan have had the luxory of Mundine setting up a lot of tries for them.
We go to their side the most.

Farrell would probably have just as many tries as Vaivai if he was on the same side of Vaivai.

Best plays on the same side of Vaivai. So Vaivai would be on the opposite side.
Farrell plays on that side of the field and is more used to it.

As for NYC and who is the best centre.

It's out of Vaivai, Farrell and Blake Davey from Manly.

Better defender and He's just as good in attack.

Vaivai and Morgan have had the luxory of Mundine setting up a lot of tries for them.
We go to their side the most.

Farrell would probably have just as many tries as Vaivai if he was on the same side of Vaivai.

Best plays on the same side of Vaivai. So Vaivai would be on the opposite side.
Farrell plays on that side of the field and is more used to it.

As for NYC and who is the best centre.

It's out of Vaivai, Farrell and Blake Davey from Manly.

But who do you think is just as good as Vai Vai?, You said Vai Vai is 1st or 2nd best centre in NYC, If Farrell is 3rd then who is 2nd or 1st?

Vai Vai is the best attacking back in the competition by a clear mile.

Sonic Star

Juniors
But who do you think is just as good as Vai Vai?, You said Vai Vai is 1st or 2nd best centre in NYC, If Farrell is 3rd then who is 2nd or 1st?

Vai Vai is the best attacking back in the competition by a clear mile.

Blake Davey is just as good as Vaivai

Both Farrell and Davey were the NSW under 18's centres and Davey has scored a lot of tries

1.Vaivai
2,Davey
3.Farrell

boo_boo

Juniors
Colin Best is wasted in the centres & should be on the wing with Champion & Simpson in the centres.

Bodsy

Juniors
1. Wesser or Webster
2. Merritt
3. Best
4 VaiVai
5. Simspon
6. Capewell
7. Sandow
8 Geddes
9 Luke
10. Asotasi