What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week

eloquentEEL

First Grade
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Cannings
11. N Hindmarsh
12. I Hindmarsh
13. Wagon

14. Riddell
15. Cordoba
16. Moimoi/Taia/Paulo
17. Robinson

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
be good to see Mateo at 6, we have an extra avenue of attack but I can see it happening

although Finch offers nothing in attack, they still keep picking him

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hagan won't have the guts to make any major changes

Hayne onto the wing Reddy ro reserve grade
Nathan Hindmarsh starts
Mateo to the bench

If Moimoi is back the bench gets very interesting

Riddell
Cordoba
Mateo
Moimoi
Robinson
Taia
Paulo

Will all be battling for 4 spots and each player has a legit case to be on the bench. Taia & Paulo will problably be the first 2 cut, then either Robinson or Cordoba.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Mateo stepped up and played a better #6's game than Finch last night (although Finch certainly didn't play his worst game).

It's unlikely, but I'm hoping it was a case of Hagan asking him to play a more creative attacking style to see what he could do in a top grade match, with the view of possibly playing him at 5/8 with Hindy coming back from SOO next week, Robbo coming back successfully last night, Riddell coming back and offering another option as a 2nd rower, Taia playing well, etc. etc.

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Cannings
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Wagon

14. Riddell
15. Cordoba
16. Moimoi
17. Mateo
18. I.Hindmarsh

Utey

Coach
1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 Smith
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith
8 Cayless
9 Marsh
10 Moimoi
11 Hindy
12 Mateo
13 Wags

14 Riddell
15 Robinson
16 Hindy
17 Paulo

Kornstar

Coach
Defensively Finch as great last night and in the second half he had some very nice touches, does not deserve to be dropped after last night, he wasn't too bad at all imo.......if he can start improving every week, then i have no problem having him in the team, i would still idealy like Blake, however i am happy for Finch to be there as long as he is performing........

Stagger eel

Staff member
cayless1989 said:
In the telegraph it say's that mateo went for scans after the game. Hope he is OK...

he was walking pretty freely after the game, but that might not mean very much.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I mean since most people have posted fantasy line ups that will never get picked here is my team.

Hahahah I cant believe people think Inu will get in over Tahu?:lol:

Tahu will drop straight in over inu if fit no question!!! This must be a gee up surely, do people really think Tahu will be dropped to prems ????

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hindy 2
13. Wagon

14. Riddell
15. Robbo
16. Paulo
17. Faaoso(need more agression)

xr62nv

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
I mean since most people have posted fantasy line ups that will never get picked here is my team.

Tahu will drop straight in over inu if fit no question!!! This must be a gee up surely, do people really think Tahu will be dropped to prems ????

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hindy 2
13. Wagon

14. Riddell
15. Robbo
16. Paulo
17. Faaoso(need more agression)

Why not? what suggests that tahu has done anything as well as what inu has in his first yr of first grade .. also inu has played rep footy .. so i see him primed to play first grade

i know the club would pick tahu over inu, but i see that playing inu now, could help us secure him to a good contract in the future and help further his development, instead of playing the short term option in tahu

xr62nv

Juniors
1 Burt
2 Hayne
3 Smith
4 Inu
5 Grothe
6 Finch
7 Smith
8 Cayless
9 Marsh
10 Cannings
11 Hindmarsh
12 Mateo
13 Wags

14 Riddell
15 Cordoba
16 I. Hindmarsh
17 MoiMoi
18. Robinson

we are better off playing 2 props off the bench, and the combinations of cordoba/fui and cayless/cordoba is one that will suit us in that at least one in each can gain us consistent metres (cayless,fui)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Twizzle said:
although Finch offers nothing in attack, they still keep picking him

He has been outstanding defensively, wont be dropped anytime soon

One of the first, all the time, at kick chases, puts pressure on opposition playmakers etc.
stats that are not written down anywhere. Its not pretty but someone has to do it.

As long as our forwards break even, with have enough in the backline (along with pj, riddell, mateo and hindy) to do plenty of damage in attack

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
TheParraboy said:
He has been outstanding defensively

So what?! He's a five-eighth not a hooker or lock, his job is to create tries, not tackle well and the bloke can't create tries. The "he's been great in defence" excuse is ridiculous, it isn't his job to be a great defender, if it was he should be dropped anyway to move Hindy to 6 and get Robinson and I Hindmarsh into the backrow.

benoir91

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Smith
4. Tahu/Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Wagon
13. Mateo

14. Marsh
15. Robinson
16. Cannings
17. Cordoba

Dav3

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T Smith
8. Cayless
9. PJ Marsh
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Robinson
13. Mateo

14. Riddell
15. Cordoba
16. Hindmarsh
17. Wagon

Pazza

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
So what?! He's a five-eighth not a hooker or lock, his job is to create tries, not tackle well and the bloke can't create tries. The "he's been great in defence" excuse is ridiculous, it isn't his job to be a great defender, if it was he should be dropped anyway to move Hindy to 6 and get Robinson and I Hindmarsh into the backrow.

it iseveryones job to be a godd defnder

Pazza

First Grade
1.burt
2.hayne
3.smith
4.tahu
5.grothe
6.finch
7.smith
8.cayless
9.marsh
10.cannings
11.mateo
12.robinson/ihindy
13.wagon

14.riddell
15.hidmarsh
16.cordoba
17.moimoi

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
jayjayselmes said:

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Mateo
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hindy 2