What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team for round 22, should we make some big changes?

Guys and Girls what do you think?
I think Hagan if he intends on staying here next year needs to make some massive changes with the team this week.
Bring in some of the guys from Wenty and Toyota Cup.

1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Inu
4. Smith
5. Grothe(if fit, maybe Mark Luland from wenty of a under 20's player)
6. K. Keating
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. M. Keating
10. Mannah
11. Hindy
12. Wright
13. Bauumann
bench-
14. Maloney
15. Lowrie
16. Robinson
17. Horo

fish eel

Immortal
Time to look to next year.

If fit, Grothe must come back in.

No Tony Williams. No piggy riddell. I'd give Chad a crack against his old team. Keating a must at 5/8, Mateo the lock.

I think Hagan if he intends on staying here next year needs to make some massive changes with the team this week.

1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Inu
4. Smith
6. K. Keating
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. M. Keating
10. Mannah
11. Hindy
12. Wright
13. Bauumann
bench-
14. Maloney
15. Lowrie
16. Robinson
17. Horo

Season is well over, Why are we persisting with Cayless, Robinson??

It's time to get some of the younger guys in their. Lasalo, Horo etc. Give them some 1st grade time.

Stagger eel

Staff member

1. Hayne
2. Reddy
3. Inu
4. Smith
6. K. Keating
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. M. Keating
10. Mannah
11. Hindy
12. Wright
13. Bauumann
bench-
14. Maloney
15. Lowrie
16. Robinson
17. Horo

I know we're in dire straits but I'd like to pinpoint a couple of things to you if I may...

* Ben Smith has not played for a few weeks and if rumours are try is likely to not play again this year.

* Grothe has not played for a few weeks and will be down on match fitness.

* Tim Mannah is struggling to get back on the field and if he plays for the NYC again this year it will be in a great deal of pain due to a rib cartlidge problem...first grade will literally kill him.

* Wright and Baumann to start together could be a disaster.

* Maloney is NOT a bench player who would come in and make an immidiate impact, he's a half back who's in good form...that's it.

spiderdan

Bench
this season is over and while not impossible, it would take a miracle to turn things around.

we should be trying to finish as strong as possible and blood a few young players. hagan should be playing keating at 5/8 and mateo at lock in prep for next year. some props from wenty and nyc should be given a run if they are going to be with us next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if we any chance of competing next week than my team would look like this.

1 Joel Reddy
2 Jonathon Wright
3 Jarryd Hayne
4 Kris INU
5 Tony Williams
6 Kris keating
7 Brett Finch capt
8 Junior paulo
9 Matt Keating
10 Fuifui Moimoi
11 Hindmarsh
12 Robo
13 Mateo

14 Marty Mitchel
15 Horo
16 Cayless
17 Robinson.

I know we're in dire straits but I'd like to pinpoint a couple of things to you if I may...

* Ben Smith has not played for a few weeks and if rumours are try is likely to not play again this year.

* Grothe has not played for a few weeks and will be down on match fitness.

* Tim Mannah is struggling to get back on the field and if he plays for the NYC again this year it will be in a great deal of pain due to a rib cartlidge problem...first grade will literally kill him.

* Wright and Baumann to start together could be a disaster.

* Maloney is NOT a bench player who would come in and make an immidiate impact, he's a half back who's in good form...that's it.
Thanks for pointing that all out Stagger, i haven't seen Wenty play at all as I'm 6hours away was just putting it out there for debate and see what those in know suggest.
I was refering to John not Tim but John is leaving next season so maybe not. is that right?

Gronk

Staff member
You can blah blah about changes, but It wont work if the players aren't prepared to defend their line. The whole team is soft and the Roosters would put 50 on us unless we turn up with a whole new 80 min attitude.

Youth is meant to improve attitude but if you believe what Andy Raymond said last night it has had the opposite effect.

bartman

Immortal
We should let anyone who actually doesn't want to play - and there looks to be a lot of them - have the week off.

That can include the talented but underperforming and unmotivated lot that have contributed f**k all for the whole season despite their high contract levels, as well as people who have been grafting away week in week out and must be sick of trying to inspire their wooden teammates.

Let any Wenty guys or U20s that are keen to have a go get the chance now the season is stuffed.

There's some people who need to have a good look at themselves in our squad, but unless they are given the incentive to do that, they'll just keep turning up and taking the cheques, and not caring about their performances or that of the team.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He had a pretty good game yesterday, ran really hard..... pity abit late.

On another note, I would not have any players that are not signed to us playing from here on in.

he did about three or 4 things all night but did with a bit of mongal and the only reason why he played like that was because he was up against one of his best mates, if only Weller can transpire that to 60 or 70 minutes each week than I'm happy to have him there but to choose him in a starting line up would tell you that I'm very desperate as a supporter.

he may be in my starting line up but certainly without any confidence.

Bigfella

Coach
1. Reddy
2. Inu
3. Williams
4. Hayne
5. Grothe / Hauraki if not fit
6. Mateo
7. Keating
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy
12. Riddell
13. Horo

14. Finch
15. Latimore
16. Robinson
17. Hauraki

George 07

Juniors
We should not look at destroying Wentworthville's chances by dragging there players up to salvage what is a lost season - let them enjoy their great performances and maybe WIN a grandfinal

lewiscook

Juniors
My team would be:

1. J.Hayne
2. E.Grothe
3. B.Smith
4. K.Inu
5. J.Reddy
6. K.Keating
7. B.Finch (c)
8. N.Cayless
9. M.Keating