What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the first test V India

undertaker

Coach
Careful what you wish for! We are only 1 injury away from the Marsh dud!

Remember when this batsman scored an outstanding 17 runs from 6 innings @ 2.83 during the 2011/12 test series vs India?

Shaun-Marsh-Test1819.ashx

Even James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris and Ben Hilfenhaus scored more runs that series than him!

Fangs

Coach
Things looking dire at the top of the order without Warner or Pucovski. I'd be tempted to open with Labuschagne and have Harris/Burns wrestle for number 2. Move everyone up a spot and Green at 6. But perhaps that is too much tinkering.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think you go with Harris.

I reckon he's got flaws but he is in form and not a Marsh.

Move everyone else up so Green can bat at 6.

undertaker

Coach
Things looking dire at the top of the order without Warner or Pucovski. I'd be tempted to open with Labuschagne and have Harris/Burns wrestle for number 2. Move everyone up a spot and Green at 6. But perhaps that is too much tinkering.

Labuschagne has proven he can handle the new red ball, as shown in the 2019 Ashes after coming in to bat very early in the innings due to poor opening partnerships and Warner being Broad's bunny.

He need to open and move Smith up to #3. Got to play your best batsmen up higher in the batting order.

Latest posts