What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for trial #1 vs Bulldogs.

Copperhead

Juniors
Not so much a team as everyone available except the All Stars and Moylan, Merrin, Cleary, Wallace and Yeo.

Dylan Edwards, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Waqa Blake, Dean Whare, Michael Oldfield, Te Maire Martin, Darren Nicholls, Viliame Kikau, Mitch Rein, Tim Browne, Corey Harawira-Naera, Sitaleki Akauola, Moses Leota, Sione Katoa, Peta Hiku, Tyrone May, Oliver Clark, Zach Dockar-Clay, Kaide Ellis, Jed Cartwright, Corey Waddell, Christian Crichton, Paea Pua, Samisoni Langi, Lachlan Stein, Soni Luke, Ratu Tuisese, Mason Cerruto, Liam Coleman,Tony Satini, Cowen Epere

Edit. Saying everyone available, might have been overstating it slightly, since the only certain starter for first grade is Blake. Missing is Moylan, DWZ, Peachey, Mansour, Cleary, Merrin, Cartwright, Yeo, JFH, Tamou, Latu, RCG, McKendry and Wallace.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
No real surprises but given they are coming back from serious injury it is interesting to see Browne, Whare, & Hiku named.

A strong squad overall which underlies our depth albeit a lot of the players selected are straight out of NYC.

As is the case with most trials the result is of little importance but I expect a strong showing given so many youngsters who will be hell bent on impressing.

GongPanther

Referee
Thanks Copperhead.

I'll be particularly interested in seeing how Ratu Tuisese,Mitch Rein,Liam Coleman,Tyrone May and Michael Oldfield perform,not to mention the players who are coming back from injury. *touch wood*.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not so much a team as everyone available except the All Stars and Moylan, Merrin, Cleary, Wallace and Yeo.

Dylan Edwards, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Waqa Blake, Dean Whare, Michael Oldfield, Te Maire Martin, Darren Nicholls, Viliame Kikau, Mitch Rein, Tim Browne, Corey Harawira-Naera, Sitaleki Akauola, Moses Leota, Sione Katoa, Peta Hiku, Tyrone May, Oliver Clark, Zach Dockar-Clay, Kaide Ellis, Jed Cartwright, Corey Waddell, Christian Crichton, Paea Pua, Samisoni Langi, Lachlan Stein, Soni Luke, Ratu Tuisese, Mason Cerruto, Liam Coleman,Tony Satini, Cowen Epere

I think Martin will be on the bench if he doesn't start

Edit. Saying everyone available, might have been overstating it slightly, since the only certain starter for first grade is Blake. Missing is Moylan, DWZ, Peachey, Mansour, Cleary, Merrin, Cartwright, Yeo, JFH, Tamou, Latu, RCG, McKendry and Wallace.

Copperhead

Juniors

Does the highlighting of Edwards mean you think he's a certain starter too?

Ah, didn't see your mention of TMM hidden in the quote.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Looking forward to seeing the Blake/Dallin partnership this year, they both finished the year in great form and have played together in that combo going back to NYC. Waqa will need to get involved more bringing the ball off our line without Mansour as well.

betcats

Referee
I'd rather Edwards on the wing than Hiku.

I am pretty keen to see Edwards get a run as well he just doesn't quit. Hiku still isn't fully fit yet so I think we will see him start the year in NSW cup. He had a more complicated reco than Whare according to Hook.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our Round 1 Reserve Grade team is going to be very impressive!
If this were our NRL team:
1. Moylan
2. Edwards
3. Blake
4. Peachey
5. DWZ

Reserves:
1. Hiku
2. Oldfield
3. Whare
4. MWZ
5. Tuisese

I highly doubt that Hiku and Whare start the year in reserve grade as the media are speculating. But I would rather they did and were forced to earn their way into the team with superior form or until an injury gave them a shot.

Copperhead

Juniors
No wonder Saunders was looking for greener pastures, competition for a reserve grade spot is fierce.

Look at the front row.
Prop. McKendry, Kikau, Browne, Akauola, Leota ,Clark, Epere, Pua.
Hooker. Rein, Katoa, Luke, ZDC.

Latest posts