What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list 1st trial v Panthers

chewsta

First Grade
That tricky shoulder charge was a bit harsh i reckon. I know it's just the way the game is now but the Penrith player dropped the ball and basically froze, not much tricky could do to stop it happening.

I agree Cheese, very harsh on Tricky.
In a split second The Ball had been dropped and the player was dropping down with it. If he had of caught the ball and stayed upright it would have been a good front on shot.

DJDL

Bench
I finally got to watch the replay of the trial last night.
There didn't seem to be a lot to be overly concerned about TBH.

As has been said, they held fairly tight for the first 20-30 minutes, but that's when the trouble started.

Basically once the starting pack was replaced.

The right-side defense became a shambles. Trindall seemed to wear the brunt of most in here's frustration, but it looked to me like his problems were a lack of communication on the inside. Every time there was a breakdown there, the guys inside him were unsure of what to do, stuttered and got tangled up, and then the outside guys were all forced to react instead of holding their line. Charbel Tasipale seemed to be one I noticed causing problems there.

Put Tricky in firsts surrounded by decent edge defenders and I think it will be a different story.
His decision-making at times is a concern though.

Of the others, to me, all the young outside backs (JT, Lualua, Samrani) look like they are about ready and I'd have no dramas with any of them getting the call up at some stage. Stonestreet looks a year or so away.

In the forwards BHU was pretty strong, Royce had some nice carries and worked well in "d", though was not used for long. Sifa went ok. And big Frankie looks like he's ready to step up as well.

Berrell? Meh.

Of the others, they all look at least 2-3 years off.

For the bench spots, I'd have BHU and Frankie at this stage. And I'd expect one or more of the outside backs to work their way in by season's end.

ghoti

Bench
Pretty fair assessment I reckon DJDL!

Not much to take away from it with it being a smattering of talent at different stages of development, but having watched all the trials we're probably tracking at mid-table... The Roosters were impressive at having structure regardless of who was on the field, but they've been steady and consistent for years now. Hopefully something we can replicate.

On Trindall, he was feeling the pressure but he didn't have much support around him...he seemed to be taking it on himself to try to turn the momentum, which I kinda like tbh, just didn't execute and it was kinda futile with not many putting their hand up.

Latest posts