What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Toosday: Round 4 Eels v Panthers

emjaycee

Coach
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Blake
4. Penisini
5. Russel or Dunster
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Hodgson
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Matterson
13. Hopgood

14. Arthur
15. Doorey
16. Makatoa
17. Greig

strider

Post Whore
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Blake
4. Penisini
5. Russel or Dunster
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Hodgson
10. RCG
11. Cartwright
12. Matterson
13. Hopgood

14. Arthur
15. Doorey
16. Makatoa
17. Greig
Matto and Doorey have both played right edge hey? ... i would probably prefer Doorey start over Carty but maybe its a question of what side

Do you reckon Matto moves to middle during the game?

Tooooks

Bench
If Doorey is fit maybe Matto off the bench due to match fitness. Hopefully Russell fit. From what I understand, Haze played his first 80 minute game last week? If true, he won’t be ready for first grade.

Gronk

Staff member
Are we signing anyone? We have 27/30 spots filled.
If not upgrade Matalele and start blooding the kid. Even if he gets 10 mins a game he can drop back to NSW cup on the weekend.
He can be selected from June 30 anyway. So why waste a Top 30 spot ?

hindy111

Post Whore
Matto and Doorey have both played right edge hey? ... i would probably prefer Doorey start over Carty but maybe its a question of what side

Unsure what Doorey has done over Bryce but.
Average meters Bryce - 146 vs 88
Offloads Bryce - 8 vs 0
Defense tackles Bryce - 84 vs 64
Missed tackles Doorey - 2 more
Tackle breaks Bryce - 7 vs 5

How many errors has Bryce made or forced? Not many if any. Doorey has spilled the ball a few times. Bryce adds another dimension to our attack. When Lanes back I'd have him still starting with Matto at lock and Hopgood on bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
He can be selected from June 30 anyway. So why waste a Top 30 spot ?

But you need 30 players. And we could just add someone else to the development spot.
Plus if we could get him some NRL game time so by end of season he would be further developed.
If Moimesea and Murchie had show more I wouldn't. But they look garbage

King-Gutho94

Coach
Penrith humiliated us on the field in the GF and then after the game as well by mocking us.

Surely that's motivation enough to come out with a bit of fire and brimstone this week.

Last week we looked like we just got out of the sauna in the first 25 mins and Manly bashed us.

If we get beat by a better side so be it.

But lets attack with our defence and make a stand & point we hate Penrith too.

I think we are too placid at times by trying to play the nice guy.

emjaycee

Coach

From memory in Round 1 Doorey started on the left and Carty on the right, but I may be mistaken.
Either way, I see Doorey as Ice's replacement on the right and Cartwright just keeping Lane's spot warm while he is out.

Yep, Matto starts on the edge and moves to the middle after 30, giving Hopgood a rest. Doorey into the right edge.
Hopgood returns with 30 to go and Matto moves back to the edge.

If it was me, I would start Paulo and Greig and bring RCG on for Greig after 20 and Maka on for Paulo after 30.

So:

PlayerIst Half2nd HalfTotal
PauloFirst 30 minsLast 30 mins60 mins
RCGFirst 20 minsLast 40 mins60 mins
GreigLast 10 mins for PauloFirst 10 mins for Paulo20 mins
MakatoaLast 20 mins for RCGInjury cover only20 mins
Cartwright40 mins40 mins80 mins
MattoEdge for 20 then middleMiddle for 10 then edge80 mins
HopgoodFirst 20Last 3050 mins
DooreyLast 20 for Matto on edgeFirst 10 for Matto on edge30 mins

Doorey needs to get fitter before we can rely on him for longer mins I reckon.

JokerEel

Coach
Unsure what Doorey has done over Bryce but.
Average meters Bryce - 146 vs 88
Offloads Bryce - 8 vs 0
Defense tackles Bryce - 84 vs 64
Missed tackles Doorey - 2 more
Tackle breaks Bryce - 7 vs 5

How many errors has Bryce made or forced? Not many if any. Doorey has spilled the ball a few times. Bryce adds another dimension to our attack. When Lanes back I'd have him still starting with Matto at lock and Hopgood on bench.

Bryce is a ball player... He is not a hole running second rower he is a middle..

Gronk

Staff member
I don’t think Greig is going to make it, maybe he just needs some more first grade. 10mins a game isn’t doing much for him.
Maybe he can when we are playing a shit team and are 3 tries up ? Just not vs Pennys when we are 1 try down and Reg / Jnr are saying they are OK to go back on.

Chipmunk

Coach
From memory in Round 1 Doorey started on the left and Carty on the right, but I may be mistaken.
Either way, I see Doorey as Ice's replacement on the right and Cartwright just keeping Lane's spot warm while he is out.

Yep, Matto starts on the edge and moves to the middle after 30, giving Hopgood a rest. Doorey into the right edge.
Hopgood returns with 30 to go and Matto moves back to the edge.

If it was me, I would start Paulo and Greig and bring RCG on for Greig after 20 and Maka on for Paulo after 30.

So:

PlayerIst Half2nd HalfTotal
PauloFirst 30 minsLast 30 mins60 mins
RCGFirst 20 minsLast 40 mins60 mins
GreigLast 10 mins for PauloFirst 10 mins for Paulo20 mins
MakatoaLast 20 mins for RCGInjury cover only20 mins
Cartwright40 mins40 mins80 mins
MattoEdge for 20 then middleMiddle for 10 then edge80 mins
HopgoodFirst 20Last 3050 mins
DooreyLast 20 for Matto on edgeFirst 10 for Matto on edge30 mins

Doorey needs to get fitter before we can rely on him for longer mins I reckon.
I think you'd have to make more than 8 interchanges under your scenario of minutes. You've basically got 6 interchanges just from Paula, RCG and Hopgood

Latest posts