What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

King-Gutho94

Coach
What made him choose the Cowboys?
I always had a soft spot for the cowboys as a kid. Maybe it was because in the early 2000s they were shit.

I remember in 2004 finals cheering them home because parra were didnt make the finals i was like a mad cowboys fan for 3 weeks.

They beat the Dogs and Broncos and should have beaten the chooks in the prelim.

That soft spot disappeared after 2005 I couldn't look at them the same again.

King-Gutho94

Coach
16 degrees and rain is the early weather prediction for Sunday at 7pm.

Hopefully that changes in the next 7 days. It's not like the weather people to get it wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
Our 10th grand final appearance. So on average since 1947 we make one every 7.5 years.
9th one I will be at in only 45 years.

It’s actually our 11th Grand Final appearance. Cos I went to the St George GF in 1977 at the SCG and it was a draw. Then we had to come back the following week for the replay.

BTW look at the crowd for the first game. Chockers. 🇺🇦

84E388A2-F423-4138-BFB2-DBA04AFCB87F.jpeg

Chipmunk

Coach
Ennis on the coaching staff should be handy this week. Three Grand Finals with one Premiership. He was also at the Broncos in 2006 when they won the comp, but he was injured.

That kind of experience should be invaluable for both players and coaching staff this week.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This Grand final appearance feels so more satisfying then 2009 i feel.

This will be the 3rd GF of my lifetime for the Eels after 2001 & 2009.

Those 8 years between 01 & 09 weren't as tough as the past 13 years.

2001 - I was 7 years old and basically only watched footy for 2-3 years and parra were in the finals every year. I just expected we would be there again next year and win the comp.

2009 - Blur we had a great 3 month ride it happened so quick you blinked and it was gone.

Since 2009 we have won 3 wooden spoons and spent 7 years in the doldrums with off field dramas, scandals and garbage performances.

There were times like 2011- 2013 where you felt it was so hard to see us win a game let alone think we will evet make the GF again we were down the bottom and the road ahead looked impossible.

Then the 2016 salary cap where the club endured 4 months off scrutiny and embarrassment.

If we win next week there are lot fans been waiting longer then me 23 years I would say as 1999 my first season I remember as an Eels fan. But every Eels fan deserves it we have endured plenty and the journey will worth the wait especially those who like me probably doubted at times we would ever see us win a premiership again or for the 1st time like me in there lifetime.

I can't wait for the next 9 days it hopefully is the greatest week and half of my life so far.

And I think i won't be going to work to at least Thursday after the Grand Final.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm torn about whether to even bother trying to get a ticket to the game to be honest.

I've been to the last two Grand Finals and we lost. I don't want to jinx us again, but then maybe it will be third time lucky?

I had contrasting feelings prior to the other two. I didn't think we were a chance to be beaten in 2001, and I thought we weren't much of a chance of winning in 2009. I'm somewhere in the middle this time, where the game could realistically go either way.

I'm not a member so unlikely there will be any sort of decent seats left either by the time I can get around to buy one, and if I am not going to sit on the side somewhere then I think I'd rather be where I've watched most matches - Just at home, where I have my own sports bar with a massive screen, and plenty of Parra memorabilia all over the walls.

lucablight

First Grade
How are the grand final tickets going to be sold? Will they be sending out the password to buy to ticketed members first then non ticketed members? Or do ticketed members have a separate access portal?

Noise

Coach
We bought tickets after the Raiders game. Was a risk but so glad we did. A couple of mates got 2 tickets next to each other last night but most I know were struggling.

DaveMc

Juniors
So I got really lucky and snagged 2 tickets last night in the second row in one of the centre bays on the dressing shed side of the ground. However, they’re billed as impeded or restricted view seats. Anyone have any experience with these sort of seats before? I’m wondering if it’s because you might be right behind the bench, or possibly media.