What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Angry_eel

First Grade
Did anyone here go to the fanfest yesterday?

I was right at the back so couldnt get a good enough view but someone told me the Eels players look relaxed and chilled, compared to the Panthers player who looked serious and bit on edge.

Could be a good sign, not sure. Looking forward to Sunday.
See for yourself

hindy111

Post Whore
on the latest Freddy & The 8th, Joey mentioned the 2001 GF breakfast and how the media went on about how the knights knew they had us beat cos the eels were all tense and knights relaxed .... he said it was horseshit - some numpty from the media asked and they just went yeah but it wasn't true

Thank you for sharing this story.

Soto

Bench
The working week is done.
I'm pumped. Was at the leagues club for dinner last night with the family and today for lunch with some work colleagues. Saw some of the girls from the Parra team. We wished them luck. Celebrities now.
Back to the leagues club tomorrow for some drinks with mates before heading out on Sunday.
It's definitely been hard to stay focused at work this week.
We can do this.
Taylan May out is I believe a big loss.
Staines is a massive target.
Kick to To'o and the chase needs to be spot on every time. Number up on Edwards for next hit up and then Staines runs and that's not a threat like May is. 3 tackles done.
Race out from marker and pressure Cleary. Just be careful If he decides to run and pass.
I wonder if there is a switcheroo in the pipeline with Simonsson and Waqa?
Let's not forget if they do they are going back to their accustomed positions...just a thought.
I'm so pumped and ready.
I do hope if Yeo and JFH do the block play Klein has the gumption to penalise and stop the garbage they carry on with.
Also hope he polices the 10 and doesn't allow the leg pulls and niggle they have been getting away with.
I'm ready.
Let's do this 💙💛💙💛💙💛
#1morewin

Stevie

Bench
In comparison to 2009 I have enjoyed this week as a fan so much more. In 09 I felt a bit "lucky" we were there, on the back of our number 1.

This year, maybe its age, but I feel like we'll give ourselves a great chance to win. Proud Parra fan walking around in Bondi this week in my gear and basically every footy fan was saying "hope you guys get up" etc.

A great week. Quietly confident we have a great chance Sunday, Absolutely LOVE no one rates us.

hindy111

Post Whore
In comparison to 2009 I have enjoyed this week as a fan so much more. In 09 I felt a bit "lucky" we were there, on the back of our number 1.

This year, maybe its age, but I feel like we'll give ourselves a great chance to win. Proud Parra fan walking around in Bondi this week in my gear and basically every footy fan was saying "hope you guys get up" etc.

A great week. Quietly confident we have a great chance Sunday, Absolutely LOVE no one rates us.

I'm the opposite. 2009 was a bigger rush for me. I mean we went from this woefull football side and transformed slowly week by week to this attacking powerhouse. I've never seen anything like it considering how poor we where at rnd 12.
This year was a steady build up. No real consistency and very up and down including the finals. Had we won in 2009 it would of been a great rugby league story. Maybe the greatest of all time.

However it could of been due to me being younger and more energy. More powerfull nuts.

I'm the opposite. 2009 was a bigger rush for me. I mean we went from this woefull football side and transformed slowly week by week to this attacking powerhouse. I've never seen anything like it considering how poor we where at rnd 12.
This year was a steady build up. No real consistency and very up and down including the finals. Had we won in 2009 it would of been a great rugby league story. Maybe the greatest of all time.

However it could of been due to me being younger and more energy. More powerfull nuts.
Have you tried macadamias?

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yeah 2009 was more of a rags to riches fairytale story that would have made a decent movie one day if we win.
Especially that Jarryd left his boots at home on GF day it would almost be the perfect script.

This year will be a fairytale in a different way breaking the drought as underdogs against our local rivals who are a champion team and have one of the best W/L records in a 3 year period of all time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah 2009 was more of a rags to riches fairytale story that would have made a decent movie one day if we win.
Especially that Jarryd left his boots at home on GF day it would almost be the perfect script.

This year will be a fairytale in a different way breaking the drought as underdogs against our local rivals who are a champion team and have one of the best W/L records in a 3 year period of all time.

Yeah it felt like we've been building to this for years but slowly. Very different. 2009 was so cool when we finished 8th and beat the Dragons. I mean they where run away favourites coach by Wayne. Then I think we hammered the Sharks? We all saw that coming and that win against Dogs was the best game of footy I've been too.

Such a disgrace that year was robbed by a side cheating. What a black spot on sport yet all those blokes are glorified now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Aren't you worried about ants?

Also macadamia and pistachios are clearly the top nuts.

I feel like it's hard to beat the good old peanut. I used to love sitting with my grandad who spoke no English and just busting them out of their shells.
I would split them in half and see if it was a male or female peanut

Hindmarsh saying we should have gone with another forward, not JA. Gordy and Fletcher also saying Nrown might play up to 40 minutes. I think maybe 30.

strider

Post Whore
Genuine question. Does anyone know what kit we are wearing on Sunday?
think its the yellow .... thats what the team photo was in
and it probably makes sense that penrith, the higher placed team, pick what they want, which will be black - so we go light (yellow)