What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday: Rnd 12 vs Bunnies

IFR33K

Coach
Tackle efficiency hides the situation where players only attempt high percentage tackles. Like when Niukore played centre this year.

A key defensive stat (not recorded, so you have to compile it yourself) is tackles per minute. It reflects defensive work rate; all the little one percenters that contribute to a strong defence. Paulo's work rate is very low for a middle forward. One of the lowest in the game, in fact. Of course he smashes merkins when they end up in front of him, but he doesn't go looking for work, he's not good at filling space or helping get numbers in the tackle. But we play him for long minutes because he is so important to out attack, especially inside the red zone.

I don't see why we would play a different structure while Paulo is off the field. As for our results during that time, if you thought about it before asking dumb questions you might realise there are plenty of other changes that occur while Paulo is off the field, including other players that we are likely to be missing at the same time (RCG, Nrown) as well as some of the opposition's starting middles or even their dummy half having a rest.

You’ve implied as thou he’s a bad defender and we’re only compressing to compensate his supposed shortcomings. He’s a big prop, that plays huge minutes and not only responsible for our go forward but he’s one of our attacking weapons. He can’t be leading all the stats. If he makes more tackles per minute or whatever stat you’ve mentioned, what do you think will happen to our go forward and attack?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’ve implied as thou he’s a bad defender and we’re only compressing to compensate his supposed shortcomings. He’s a big prop, that plays huge minutes and not only responsible for our go forward but he’s one of our attacking weapons. He can’t be leading all the stats. If he makes more tackles per minute or whatever stat you’ve mentioned, what do you think will happen to our go forward and attack?
Exactly my point. Players have strengths and weaknesses, and that's why it's a team game.

eels_fan

First Grade
I’m wary that Latrell and Walker will be fired up for indigenous round - but we’ve seen with both of them before that passion & emotion often leads to them losing their heads.

there’s a good chance they either both end up in the bin at some point, or absolutely blitz us

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly right. That’s everyone’s point. Waqa is a shit defender and he won’t improve. His decision making is f^*ked
He would be better on the wing, and I hope he replaces Ferguson next year, but until then we need to fit Blake, Sivo and Ferguson in the 17. That means Blake plays centre. The rest of the defence needs to do their job so Blake can use his best asset in defence, which is his speed.

Bandwagon

Staff member
On the other side Souffs have conceded 188 points in their last five games, needless to say that aint a real good defensive record.

IFR33K

Coach
He would be better on the wing, and I hope he replaces Ferguson next year, but until then we need to fit Blake, Sivo and Ferguson in the 17. That means Blake plays centre. The rest of the defence needs to do their job so Blake can use his best asset in defence, which is his speed.

:rofl: his speed? His speed is part of his demise. He runs full flight and takes no one.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thats just an argument that the asset isn't being used effectively, not an argument that the asset doesn't exist.

P.S. Do you realise that your shitty emoticons from your shitty phone don't work on this shitty website?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I’m wary that Latrell and Walker will be fired up for indigenous round - but we’ve seen with both of them before that passion & emotion often leads to them losing their heads.

there’s a good chance they either both end up in the bin at some point, or absolutely blitz us
So should our boys quietly sledge them?

Original Name

Juniors
yeah its probably not as simple as "he sucks" .... he looks a frustrated chap, he is trying his balls off.

It puzzles me that he had a reasonably good game vs Souths in the semis last year .... he just got lucky?
Had a good game without Fergo. Fergo goes well without him. It's not rocket science.

Gronk

Staff member
Well Ive just read the last two pages of this thread. The resounding conclusion is that we’re f**ked as almost everyone expects us to get our pants pulled down.

Even though the Bunnies have lost 50+ v Storm, Penrith and limped over v Raiders, Sharks in their last 4 starts.

We apparently are simply shit. Souths good.

Welcome back the flat track bullies !

eels_fan

First Grade
I dont understand the crazy perception on this game. We've played 2 bad games all year.

Souths have conceded in the last 4 weeks more points than we conceded in the first 10.

It amazes me that we are strong outsiders with the betting agencies. Even Daley on the Matty Johns Show who gives the tab odds said it should be the other way around.

We've only started 2 games this season prior to this as outsiders - Storm and Canberra - and we won both.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well Ive just read the last two pages of this thread. The resounding conclusion is that we’re f**ked as almost everyone expects us to get our pants pulled down.

Even though the Bunnies have lost 50+ v Storm, Penrith and limped over v Raiders, Sharks in their last 4 starts.

We apparently are simply shit. Souths good.

Welcome back the flat track bullies !
Soward tipped us to win, though he also said we would beat Manly.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Eels Supporter Concerns This Week.
. Two very poor results V The Bunnys last year.
. Memories of last year's fade out.
. South's at full strength with Murray back.
. Indigenous Round.
. Last game prior to SOO selection.
. Will South's bounce back factor be better than Our Eels.
My personal opinion is we will need to improve massively to beat them. Brthur, Blake and Fergo isn't a great recipe for improving that sides D.
No RCG or Drown is massive.