What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ~ Rnd 12 vs Raiders ~ The Clinton Schifcofske Cup

hindy111

Post Whore
Nrown finished last season not in the greatest form…..then we learnt:

He was pretty good to start this year and don’t think he is playing that poor (but yes down in form)….I reckon he has an injury

He is was origin level or close for about 3-4yrs
I just don't see that same player anymore

Gronk

Staff member
If he's injured then why are we playing him? We've got other options now.
Is a banged up Brown better than a reggie ? They are chasing the bye for some much needed time off.

The next game is not until 13th June, so a 15 day turnaround.

Most games hereinafter are at home too. It's been a long road trip so far this season.

84 Baby

Referee
Nrown not being effective is a symptom (and somewhat the cause) of us not attacking through the ruck consistently. That is where he is his best and can be a massive weapon. I expect Gronk is a bit correct and he is a bit injured and come the pointy end of season he might ignore those niggles a bit better, but that doesn’t help us now. We need him doing more of this (I can’t be f**ked marking it but it’s 3 minute mark)

Can say all you want about lucky bounce off kick but that run (not to mention Luai falling asleep on tackle) deserved a result

Edit sorry it’s Tamou who falls asleep

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
No. FWIW I think he has been average but will come good. But I also reckon if he's sore then we have a good chance to give a youngster a stretch. I can't wait to see how Rodwell goes in the top grade, I have high hopes for him.
I’m a little disappointed that BA hasn’t given Rodwell a run. Not saying he could emulate what I said above that Nrown should be doing, but FMD his reggie output deserves recognition

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I’m a little disappointed that BA hasn’t given Rodwell a run. Not saying he could emulate what I said above that Nrown should be doing, but FMD his reggie output deserves recognition
Someone said he was about to get a run but got suspended. he's still outside the top 30 afaik. He's back now, I expect he will be in the top grade in the next few weeks.

84 Baby

Referee
Someone said he was about to get a run but got suspended. he's still outside the top 30 afaik. He's back now, I expect he will be in the top grade in the next few weeks.
Ah you’re right! But in checking I came across this (can’t guarantee if correct)

PARRAMATTA EELS​

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 1

1. Jake Arthur
  2. Waqa Blake
  3. Dylan Brown
  4. Nathan Brown
  5. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
  6. Bryce Cartwright
  7. Haze Dunster
  8. Clint Gutherson
  9. Wiremu Greig
  10. Keegan Hipgrave
  11. David Hollis
  12. Oregon Kaufusi
  13. Shaun Lane
  14. Reed Mahoney
  15. Makahesi Makatoa
  16. Ryan Matterson
  17. Mitchell Moses
  18. Solomone Naiduki
  19. Marata Niukore
  20. Tom Opacic
  21. Isaiah Papali'i
  22. Junior Paulo
  23. Will Penisini
  24. Hayze Perham
  25. Mitch Rein
  26. Sean Russell
  27. Maika Sivo
  28. Ray Stone
  29. Bailey Simonsson
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Sam Loizou, Ky Rodwell, Josh Tuipulotu
Number 10 can surely spell Nrown for a game or 2.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/amp/lea...-development-squads/wvmtqaev8n821w10wr5w4x5ao

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When you cost close to 600k then yes you want more then leading the line speed for 15mins. That's based on 30mins a game and 50% possesion.
You don’t know how much he’s on. We already have two big money middles. I doubt we would’ve made Nrown number three.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is a banged up Brown better than a reggie ? They are chasing the bye for some much needed time off.

The next game is not until 13th June, so a 15 day turnaround.

Most games hereinafter are at home too. It's been a long road trip so far this season.

And another 5 day turnaround v Chooks on 18/6

wtf are we playing on the Monday 13/6 long weekend??

I bet Pou $100. I'll take another bet with you. $50 says Brown gets offloaded before 2023.

I don't care about his age. Seen plenty of guys retire by 29 cause they basicaly where had it.
Mannah was 30 when he spent rest of his time in NSW cup. 30 isn't young for a guy who plays physical and bashed his body in the middle against bigger men.
Players are at peak between 22-28. After that it's a lottery. Ferguson is 32. His last two season where very ordinary at age 30 and 31. The decline was rapid. And the Roosters saw it coming. Same as Jenning. By his late 20s he was still excellent but not explosive as prior.
I don't really feel that strongly about it. I'll bet you a $1 mad multi. I remember when he signed he wanted more and we refused. He tested the market and then re-signed so I doubt he's on big money. And he might be getting niggles but I don't think he's got anything chronic. And given we don't move players on much at all I reckon he'll stay.

Gronk

Staff member
No. FWIW I think he has been average but will come good. But I also reckon if he's sore then we have a good chance to give a youngster a stretch. I can't wait to see how Rodwell goes in the top grade, I have high hopes for him.
From what they said on the TCT pod, Rodwell was going to make an NRL appearance but got suspended.

He's back this week in reggies.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And another 5 day turnaround v Chooks on 18/6

wtf are we playing on the Monday 13/6 long weekend??
Bulldogs want a big crowd for there Annual Queens birthday Monday game.

So playing us instead of the Dragons.

Will probably get 25k that day if weather is nice and being a public holiday.

Gronk

Staff member
Bulldogs want a big crowd for there Annual Queens birthday Monday game.

So playing us instead of the Dragons.

Will probably get 25k that day if weather is nice and being a public holiday.
I see that the Tigers home game vs us is at Leichhardt.