What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 15 vs Dogs | 2pm @ Bankwest

IFR33K

Coach
Right, so this was a roster shortfall that you, a deadshit nuffy, was aware of that Brad Arthur only just figured out?

How many backup hookers are there who are good enough to get on the field in one of the hardest, most important positions on the field? Are there enough for every club to have one? Do you think the clubs without one aren't aware they need one? Are they maybe struggling to get their top 17 right before worrying about getting the best backups at a reasonable price?

Just because there's a problem doesnt mean it can be fixed instantly. It certainly doesn't mean the people responsible for fixing it are unaware. They don't live in a perfect world where every problem can be solved simultaneously. Only sports fans and political pundits live in such a world.

there were plenty of ’deadset Nuffies’ calling for players to be rested, the need to find a back up hooker, players to be dropped and players to be blooded in the regular season. Those nuffies then got attacked, by people like yourself. When we did eventually lose to south’s, I was sick of hearing we lost because we have to blood 3 players, we had injuries, we had lack of experience and so on.

it’s good to see BA is catching on. :) maybe others here will too.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
there were plenty of ’deadset Nuffies’ calling for players to be rested, the need to find a back up hooker, players to be dropped and players to be blooded in the regular season. Those nuffies then got attacked, by people like yourself. When we did eventually lose to south’s, I was sick of hearing we lost because we have to blood 3 players, we had injuries, we had lack of experience and so on.

it’s good to see BA is catching on. :) maybe others here will too.
I remember it clearly. There was a counter view put forward, but it certainly wasn’t an attack. You always assume its personal.

They would have questioned why you would assume that BA isn’t aware of the problem. They would have also highlighted that there are constraints that inhibit someone’s ability to address problems. Quality of back ups, money, resources etc.

…and then there is the small thing of a Global F**king Pandemic.

He is in a much better position this year to address problems that he would have been aware of last year. To think that he suddenly played catch-up and finally became aware of something that you already knew about is…well let’s just say it is highly unlikely.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
there were plenty of ’deadset Nuffies’ calling for players to be rested, the need to find a back up hooker, players to be dropped and players to be blooded in the regular season.
If a player isn't ready there's no point throwing him into first grade if he's not needed. Likewise, you can't drop a player if there isn't someone to replace him. If we had played too many reserve graders through the year we might've missed the top four.
Those nuffies then got attacked, by people like yourself.
Because you're criticising things you don't understand. It's the only thing in life that pisses me off.
When we did eventually lose to south’s, I was sick of hearing we lost because we have to blood 3 players, we had injuries, we had lack of experience and so on.
Haze Dunster (our only debutant in the finals) wasn't the reason we lost against Souths. It wouldn't have mattered how many games he played last year. We lost because three of our top four outside backs were missing. One of their replacements, Takairangi, had 150+ NRL games. He just lacked the talent (like Dunster) to make up for the loss of Mennings and Ferguson. Gennings had a solid game in attack at least.

Where we lacked experience wasn't the extra two or three games we could've given to Dunster (which we might've lost and missed the top four) but in the total lack of big game experience across the whole squad. Our two most experienced players in that regard (finals and Origin) by far were Mennings and Ferguson. Both missing from the game against Souths.

Gronk

Staff member
giphy.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
If a player isn't ready there's no point throwing him into first grade if he's not needed. Likewise, you can't drop a player if there isn't someone to replace him. If we had played too many reserve graders through the year we might've missed the top four.

Because you're criticising things you don't understand. It's the only thing in life that pisses me off.

Haze Dunster (our only debutant in the finals) wasn't the reason we lost against Souths. It wouldn't have mattered how many games he played last year. We lost because three of our top four outside backs were missing. One of their replacements, Takairangi, had 150+ NRL games. He just lacked the talent (like Dunster) to make up for the loss of Mennings and Ferguson. Gennings had a solid game in attack at least.

Where we lacked experience wasn't the extra two or three games we could've given to Dunster (which we might've lost and missed the top four) but in the total lack of big game experience across the whole squad. Our two most experienced players in that regard (finals and Origin) by far were Mennings and Ferguson. Both missing from the game against Souths.

I recall when we where on fire in first half we butchered a try to go further in front.
We should of had a other 6 points at half-time.
I felt that is where we lost it. Plus South's where on fire. Couldn't drop a ball

Gazzamatta

Coach
Roach made one strong run to set up Rankins (I think) try but I was surprised by his lack of speed. I do watch from behind the posts, club end though so I'm not terribly reliable in that regard. Any comments on his speed? I thought Lussick was far more impressive last week than Roach.
I watched this on replay and it then became very obvious that Roach was working towards positioning his support, Rankin, who he gave a clear run to the line. Roach ran at a pace required for the set up. Looked very different from my spot in the grandstand. Well spotted @hindy111