What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 15 vs Dogs | 2pm @ Bankwest

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think it's more about rotating the squad without removing what makes the squad what it is, and using the opportunity, without taking the Dogs too lightly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rugby league project is a good website for stats but it must have something wrong with the database as they double up finals games on everyone's profile. I dont know if its formulas they use in the spreadsheet. But they add up all the games including finals. Then include the finals again. Thats why poupou escabar was having trouble with BA and his 50% W/L record thread because the RLP website double up finals matches on the total figures.

I am suprised the website haven't fixed it yet.

For the record here is BA coaching stats for all top grade games including finals

2012 - 2 wins from 6 games
2014 - 12 wins from 24 games
2015 - 9 wins from 24 games
2016 - 13 wins from 24 games
2017 - 16 wins from 26 games
2018 - 6 wins from 24 games
2019 - 15 wins from 26 games
2020 - 15 wins from 22 games
2021 - 11 wins from 14 games
= 99 wins from 190.
ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I suspect rather than those two being dropped, we're showing little respect to our opponents and they will get some match time in reserves this week, whilst we give some game time to a couple of others because we're playing the team running last.
I hope we're already focused on the Penrith game.

Snoochies

First Grade
We've been notorious for lifting for the big games and being complacent against the bad teams in the past. These changes would have made everyone nervous and guarantee there will be no complacency this week. Bulldogs just came off a big win, last thing we need is a Parra team going through the motions.

TheRam

Coach
Was going to suggest Russell could be a smokey, but this really says bye bye Fergo to me

Surprised about Carty and Kafusi but it could also be that BA wants them to get 80 mins or so under their belt, which he did with Hipgrave earlier in the year, Carty has had f**k all minutes recently.

Lane gets good minutes and good metres and tackle count, no way would he be relegated.

Best explanation as to why they were dropped. Otherwise stupid decision.

hindy111

Post Whore
IMO

Bryce has done a few hot headed moments in the last few weeks. He has been dropped for that. I disagree for minutes or fitness. A lesson to get those dumb things out of his game like kicking on 3rd etc.

Kafusi I think perhaps yes its due to fitness. Give him a good 60 min work out.

I also feel they needed someone to cover Lussick who was gassed. Roache for some reason has leapfrogged W.Smith. this says to me more about our future 17. Roach is the most dangerous of the 3 and could be a guy who comes on and becomes dangerous. He also can play a bit of lock if need be.

I don't rate Hipgrave but if called upon he is able to handle plenty of minutes. So are Niakuore and Lane.

Russel is an odd one. To me he just doesn't look physically ready for NRL. I do not think Blake is done for this season. If this was the Panthers or a finals game I reckon he would be in.
But I can understand not putting Penisini in. He plays centre. And we do not have any injuries in centre. No need to move Waqa. He has been great the last two games since gained match fitness.

Gazzamatta

Coach
IMO

Bryce has done a few hot headed moments in the last few weeks. He has been dropped for that. I disagree for minutes or fitness. A lesson to get those dumb things out of his game like kicking on 3rd etc.

Kafusi I think perhaps yes its due to fitness. Give him a good 60 min work out.

I also feel they needed someone to cover Lussick who was gassed. Roache for some reason has leapfrogged W.Smith. this says to me more about our future 17. Roach is the most dangerous of the 3 and could be a guy who comes on and becomes dangerous. He also can play a bit of lock if need be.

I don't rate Hipgrave but if called upon he is able to handle plenty of minutes. So are Niakuore and Lane.

Russel is an odd one. To me he just doesn't look physically ready for NRL. I do not think Blake is done for this season. If this was the Panthers or a finals game I reckon he would be in.
But I can understand not putting Penisini in. He plays centre. And we do not have any injuries in centre. No need to move Waqa. He has been great the last two games since gained match fitness.
Bryce: I reckon it's for all those reasons.
Oregon: After a magnificent game a few weeks ago he regressed and his hands have let him down. Playing big minutes in the 2s will help.
Lussick V Roach: Probably can't afford to 're sign both so give both an opportunity to impress. Smith (let me kick, let me kick) is gone thankfully.
Russell: He was moved to the left wing in the 2s to prepare him for this opportunity.
He's also BAs step son from the Rhinos. Seriously though he's been great the last couple of games I've seen him and he's fast. Am really looking forward to see him on the end of a few l/h plays on Sunday.

hindy111

Post Whore
Roache I feel could genuinely become an impact no 9.
Lussick is a handy replacement in Rheed is out but les impact then Roache. So our decision would have to be based on what we prefer