What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday: Rnd 25 v Panthers (Friday 3rd Sept) - Who Will BA Rest?

emjaycee

Coach
Apart from the ones we know about (Gutho and Junior), who else will BA rest for this game?

My guess is this is what he will do:
1. Russel
2. Dunster
3. Opa
4. Penisini
5. Fergo
6. Drown
7. Smith
8. Oregon
9. Lussick
10. RCG (if rumours he is fit are correct)/Hippy
11. Carty
12. Marata
13. Stone

14. Jarthur
15. Hippy
16. Hollis
17. MakaMaka

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
1. Smith/Russell
2. Dunster
3. Opacic
4. Will
5. Fergo
6. Drown
7. JA
8. Kaufusi
9. Lussick
10. Papa
11. Cartwright
12. Hipgrave
13. Maka

14. Russell/Smith
15. Stone
16. Grieg
17. Hollis

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta are set to rest up to "seven or eight" players against Penrith this weekend to ensure the Eels aren't caught with anyone being underdone like in last year's finals fade-out.

Eels captain Clint Gutherson will sit out his first game since 2018 and will be joined on the sidelines by Junior Paulo, who has been suspended for one game for a shoulder charge.

Back-rowers Marata Niukora and Shaun Lane both suffered head knocks in Saturday's upset of Melbourne and are likely to be kept on ice given they are on a six-day turnaround.

Lock Nathan Brown is another candidate having played 22 games this year, while halves Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown have also borne heavy workloads around suspension and injury lay-offs this season.

Big-name backline casualties in last year's finals series led to the likes of George Jennings and Haze Dunster being pitched into a sudden-death final boasting only one NRL game between them across the entire 2020 season, with COVID-19 also forcing NSW Cup games to be cancelled.

Coach Brad Arthur told SEN Radio that given a top-four finish requires a Manly loss and the Eels to upset Penrith, he will look to build up game time across his squad leading into week one of the finals.

"The plan is to rest probably seven or eight of them, and Gutho is one of them," Arthur said on Monday.

"A lot of our boys have played every game and in the last couple of years, we’ve had a bit of momentum going into finals and it hasn’t really made a difference.

Gutherson and others to be given a break by Arthur
"Last year in our second final we had three blokes that hadn’t played in a couple of months had to come in once we had injuries.

"We’re going to make sure everyone in our squad gets a game out … that equals more competition for spots, and we’ve got a healthy roster of blokes who are ready when called upon."

Gronk

Staff member
1. Gutho
2. Dunster
3. Penisini
4. Blake
5. Fergo
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Papalii
9. Lussick
10. Paulo
11. Lane
12. Marata
13. Brown

14. Stone
15. Carty
16. Macka
17. Hipgrave

18. Oregan
19. Smith
20. Russell
21. Arthur
22. Oldfield
23. Opacic
24 .Hollis

Matterson suspended
Rankin not in bubble

eels_fan

First Grade
1. Smith/Russell
2. Dunster
3. Opacic
4. Will
5. Fergo
6. Drown
7. JA
8. Kaufusi
9. Lussick
10. Papa
11. Cartwright
12. Marata
13. Maka

14. Russell/Smith
15. Stone
16. Hipgrave
17. Hollis/Grieg
I think that’s similar to what we will see.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Papa get a rest though. Start Hipgrave and have both Hollis and Greig on the bench

King-Gutho94

Coach
Papa needs a rest more then anyone. Though niukore and Lane getting HIA. May mean he might have to play as they might not have enough players. As they would have been picked i would say.

Hipgrave, makatoa, kaufusi and niukore would be the ideal front rower rotation.

Cartwright should get 80 mins. In the lock/backrow.

Hollis isnt in bubble so you can rule him out. Not sure about wiremu Greig.

Eelogical

Referee
Papa needs a rest more then anyone. Though niukore and Lane getting HIA. May mean he might have to play as they might not have enough players. As they would have been picked i would say.

Hipgrave, makatoa, kaufusi and niukore would be the ideal front rower rotation.

Cartwright should get 80 mins. In the lock/backrow.

Hollis isnt in bubble so you can rule him out. Not sure about wiremu Greig.
Most definitely Papa needs a rest. I agree with the rest of your assessment.