What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday: Rnd 25 v Panthers (Friday 3rd Sept) - Who Will BA Rest?

84 Baby

Referee
No. It's a mental thing. If they know they didn't take the game seriously, they can't have their confidence broken.

Also, if we meet the Panthers again in the semis, they might be over confident and take us lightly.
Might be the smartest thing you’ve ever said. Plus the plebs who do play might get a boost the week after knowing the “stars” are back in the team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thoughts on whether we should rest this many? I can see that we are trying to address the issue of burn out but if we get belted this weekend does it knock our confidence ahead of the finals?
No because most of the merkins with the shattered confidence won't be playing again this year.

jason taylor

Bench
Two backs on the bench?
halves combo of Arthur and Smith?
This should be our side in the elimination final.

On a serious note, I wish BA stopped trying to make Oldfield a thing.

84 Baby

Referee
This is either going to be a great freshen up or backfire spectacularly when we clunk our way to a week 1 exit

lingard

Coach
Thoughts on whether we should rest this many? I can see that we are trying to address the issue of burn out but if we get belted this weekend does it knock our confidence ahead of the finals?
Not at all. We put in a skeleton side. We know why we're doing it. If we get flogged it's a totally different team that takes the field next week. I don't think it will effect morale at all.

emjaycee

Coach
View attachment 53206

Imagine if this side beats them... hehehe.

Now that BA can see the side Penrith named, may bring the reserves back into the 17 come Thursday night's trimming of the team list.

Cleary said they weren't taking the chase for the minor premiership seriously, and then names his top 17.. yeah right Ivan.

yy_cheng

Coach
Interesting that he is resting Will Penisini. It's not like he has played that many games. I would've given him more experience with Fergo.

So in saying that, it will look like Oppa is still first choice right centre.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Probably need another forward on the bench. 2 rookie backs and a forward debuting is greatest bench make up…..

assuming Russell may come on pushing Smith to hooker later in the game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Interesting that he is resting Will Penisini. It's not like he has played that many games. I would've given him more experience with Fergo.

So in saying that, it will look like Oppa is still first choice right centre.
Or could be freshing Penisini up, last week marking Olam is a pretty big game for an 18 year old rookie