What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 3 vs Storm

lingard

Coach
If we had only defended better the grind would've been fine. It got us back in front after that awful first half. It's the right tactic for our squad. Parraball is for teams like Wests or the Titans.
Agreed. While I was watching the game (by myself) I thought we were doing the right thing by playing it safe and getting back into the grind after the Titans had hit back with a couple of tries. I actually thought it was good that we could go back to showing some patience and building pressure. But, of course, we didn't defend well enough to make that a winning tactic. Nor, in the end, did we attack well enough. But the idea, in itself,
wasn't a bad one. Maybe with Marata and Matterson there we would have been successful. I still think our goal-line attack sux.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate what a ridiculous garbage statement and one you know, just playing the odds, isn't going to happen and neither Hindy or anyone else has seriously suggested that we will play this poorly for the entire season.
I beg to differ. He did say that mate. There has been many who have suggested that if we don’t get up for the Storm then our season is over. I don’t see how anyone can realistically say that.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The idiots who say that, are just parroting the media who have no clue as well or are just making that dumb assumption all by themselves.

What happened in round 2 or 3 or any round really can have a massive effect on where you end up at the end of the season and how you perform once you're there and are you able to sustain it for the necessary amount of games in the playoffs? Will it be the top 8, top 4 or top 2 or will you miss out altogether?

Also it can have a massive baring on what your standards are like, from what your best game looks like to your worst. So far we have shown that our worst is wooden spoon worthy and our best, well can trouble the Titans for 20-30 mins. Our character as a team, who we are that BA keeps harping on about is mentally weak as piss. no one can argue that fact, but I am sure posters like @Poupou Escobar or @Gronk or even you will find a way.

If people think that playing consistently inconsistent will ultimately deliver a premiership at the end of that same season especially when defensively we are strangers that need introductions and offensively we move like zombies who cant smell fresh blood, then they are kidding themselves.

When your best and worst are light years apart, I fear that a premiership is equally as distant and out of reach. This weeks game mean plenty for a bunch of reasons. We should be able to put 13+ on them. But with the way we have played thus far, would anyone really be surprised if they put 13+ on us? Maybe only the media and the usual suspects on this forum, who also don't think that every game or performance counts. You know just like Bellamy in the coaches box this weekend will be thinking that the early rounds don't count much either.
I’m not parroting the media. Just using common sense.

It would be great if we could improve our consistency but even the best teams have off weeks. All we really have to do throughout the season is have enough wins to be near the 4 and produce our best football when it counts.

If we lose to the Storm I’d suggest we should be ‘alert but not alarmed’. If the pattern continues then by all means be more concerned but it doesn’t make any sense for people to be carrying on like this after 1 narrow loss.

I get it though. We’ve been historically very disappointing over many years. It’s easier to fear the worst and hope for the best!

hindy111

Post Whore
The idiots who say that, are just parroting the media who have no clue as well or are just making that dumb assumption all by themselves.

What happened in round 2 or 3 or any round really can have a massive effect on where you end up at the end of the season and how you perform once you're there and are you able to sustain it for the necessary amount of games in the playoffs? Will it be the top 8, top 4 or top 2 or will you miss out altogether?

Also it can have a massive baring on what your standards are like, from what your best game looks like to your worst. So far we have shown that our worst is wooden spoon worthy and our best, well can trouble the Titans for 20-30 mins. Our character as a team, who we are that BA keeps harping on about is mentally weak as piss. no one can argue that fact, but I am sure posters like @Poupou Escobar or @Gronk or even you will find a way.

If people think that playing consistently inconsistent will ultimately deliver a premiership at the end of that same season especially when defensively we are strangers that need introductions and offensively we move like zombies who cant smell fresh blood, then they are kidding themselves.

When your best and worst are light years apart, I fear that a premiership is equally as distant and out of reach. This weeks game mean plenty for a bunch of reasons. We should be able to put 13+ on them. But with the way we have played thus far, would anyone really be surprised if they put 13+ on us? Maybe only the media and the usual suspects on this forum, who also don't think that every game or performance counts. You know just like Bellamy in the coaches box this weekend will be thinking that the early rounds don't count much either.

St George and Bulldogs I feel are closer to a title then us with what they are building. Maybe even Brisbane

hindy111

Post Whore
I beg to differ. He did say that mate. There has been many who have suggested that if we don’t get up for the Storm then our season is over. I don’t see how anyone can realistically say that.

If we don't beat the Storm this weekend and put in the same effort of the last few weeks then I question why the coach hasn't cha get our efforts and inconsistent attitudes.
Storm and Penrith has put in plenty of effort for basicaly 50 of the last 52 games I would say. I feel we are more like 50%

King-Gutho94

Coach
Anyone heading down to the game? I got flights and sessions at the wave pool for a birthday present and got lucky that the eels were on the same weekend. So far I am 2 from 2 losses at AAMI Park

I am not going only been to Melbourne once for league which was the 2007 PF at the indoor stadium we got beat.

That day started off shit as Dad and myself i was just 13 years old at the time missed the plane in the morning due to being stuffed around when checking in our luggage. The clerk disappeared for 25 mins and by the time we got through security our name was being called and missed the plane.

So we had to go on the next flight to Melbourne. My Dad was pissed i thought he would have got locked up the words he was saying to some staff about the stuffing around when checking in luggage forcing us to miss the plane.

So i haven't bothered going to Melbourne again for a league match feel cursed after that whole experience.

Is AAMI Park a good venue to watch RL

lingard

Coach
I am not going only been to Melbourne once for league which was the 2007 PF at the indoor stadium we got beat.

That day started off shit as Dad and myself i was just 13 years old at the time missed the plane in the morning due to being stuffed around when checking in our luggage. The clerk disappeared for 25 mins and by the time we got through security our name was being called and missed the plane.

So we had to go on the next flight to Melbourne. My Dad was pissed i thought he would have got locked up the words he was saying to some staff about the stuffing around when checking in luggage forcing us to miss the plane.

So i haven't bothered going to Melbourne again for a league match feel cursed after that whole experience.

Is AAMI Park a good venue to watch RL
No. Because Melbourne is always one of the teams playing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like Matterson is a good defender but his run games just average. Have seen him play a few top shelf games but he isn't consistent

it's rather obvious he is playing the way he is being told to play, 4th tackle hit up when nrown is out

he's a better edge player than middle player which is important to us because it's much harder to defend on the edge

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If we don't beat the Storm this weekend and put in the same effort of the last few weeks then I question why the coach hasn't cha get our efforts and inconsistent attitudes.
Storm and Penrith has put in plenty of effort for basicaly 50 of the last 52 games I would say. I feel we are more like 50%
I mentioned our inconsistency previously. Its what we need to fix and precisely the reason why at this stage it would be foolish to judge the remainder of our season based on a few games.

Hindmarsh has a point about Moses needing to develop his running game and Drown and Mahoney their passing games. Which begs the question of whether they're being told to stick to their assigned roles.

Glenneel

Bench
Great post Hindy and why every game does count and only illustrates my previous post further.
Yes of course every game counts, it might be the difference of if you make the 8 or make the top 4. Stupid statement made by whoever.

Latest posts