What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 3 vs Storm

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Proud of the boys tonight. It's a more important 2 points as it also denies a side who we hope to finish above a crucial 2 points. It's like a 4 point win. Also dents their for and against twice as much. Out 14 point win gives us 28 points difference.
Interviewer: Thats interesting, err logic there Gutho. Wouldn't you hope to finish above most teams? Why is this one worth 4 and your win last week only worth 2. Surely you want to finish ahead of the Titans as well? Is Brian Smith coaching at Parra again?

hindy111

Post Whore
Interviewer: Thats interesting, err logic there Gutho. Wouldn't you hope to finish above most teams? Why is this one worth 4 and your win last week only worth 2. Surely you want to finish ahead of the Titans as well? Is Brian Smith coaching at Parra again?

I'm not continuing this...
Basic common sense. A win against someone who is a threat to the top 4 is worth more then a win over Tigers. Shark are a good chance of battling us for a top 4 spot as are Souths and Roosters. Tigers are not.

strider

Post Whore
Proud of the boys tonight. It's a more important 2 points as it also denies a side who we hope to finish above a crucial 2 points. It's like a 4 point win. Also dents their for and against twice as much. Out 14 point win gives us 28 points difference.
#28pointgame

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm not continuing this...
Basic common sense. A win against someone who is a threat to the top 4 is worth more then a win over Tigers. Shark are a good chance of battling us for a top 4 spot as are Souths and Roosters. Tigers are not.
🤡 🍆

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is where you are completely wrong. Should I explain it to you and why?

1 - Taking 2 point off someone who is competition for a spot your wanting is as good as 4. If we feel we are a top 4 side then taking 2 points from Souths or the Roosters or whoever else is fighting for those spots is better then taking 2 off the West Tigers. This is just basic logics. A simple equation. It also effects points differential which is something you like to use as a tool for who is the best sides.
This seems fair on the surface, and this is where you get the '4 point game' phrase from. But it ignores that your opposition also play another 23 games (or however many) during the season, and their ladder position depends on these far more than the one game we're discussing here. If the opposition are a genuine top four team they will finish in the top four irregardless of the one game they dropped against us. The loss could make them more hungry and they will win a close game they might otherwise have lost and vice versa if we lose.
2 - It gives you confidence and the opposition fear/ doubt. Plus a game plan that you know works. Doubts makes people nervous and more prone to playing bad.
Think of Souths. They have flogged us the last heap of times. Lets say they belt us twice more this season and we have to face them in the finals. Do you think they will adjust their game plan? NO cause it works. We would be the ones having to change our style knowing we keep getting our pants pulled down.

So 2 points isn't just 2 points in my eyes.
Except plenty of times you see two evenly matched teams split their wins during a season, or in successive finals series. It's called the revenge factor. The reason we have been losing to Souths so much is because they have had a much better team. The revenge factor hasn't been enough to bridge the gap in quality. Hopefully this year we get them, because they aren't that much better than us now, if at all. The Roosters were awful last night, as they were in round one. Robinson knows not to go off too early. Games now are only worth two points, after all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We beat the Storm twice last year and they still finished with a far superior points differential to even the team that finished second. Turns out neither was a four point game.

TheRam

Coach
It’s pointless trolling me. Try an intelligent rebuttal instead of schoolyard insults because someone disagrees with you.

You want intelligence Giffy? Now that's a laugh, not that you were trying though.

Now go on Giffy, GIF, GIF, GIF away, O'l GIFmeister. You were berthed to GIF. Don't white knuckle it or you could explode all over yourself. Rub one out mate. You owe it to yourself. Life short and never forget that...

GIFing is the word, is the word, is the word that you heard
It's got a groove, it's got a meaning
GIFFing is the time, is the place, is the motion
GIFFing is the way you are feeling....

No more time, no more time, for illusion
All you'll have is trouble and confusion
GIFing is the word, is the word
Is the word, it's your life and delusion...

Go on, give it another go. We are your biggest fans. 😄

Gronk

Staff member
You want intelligence Giffy? Now that's a laugh, not that you were trying though.

Now go on Giffy, GIF, GIF, GIF away, O'l GIFmeister. You were berthed to GIF. Don't white knuckle it or you could explode all over yourself. Rub one out mate. You owe it to yourself. Life short and never forget that...

Yep, schoolyard insults.

hindy111

Post Whore
We beat the Storm twice last year and they still finished with a far superior points differential to even the team that finished second. Turns out neither was a four point game.

And Knights been Sharks in a game they where robbed. It cost the Sharks a top 8 spot

hindy111

Post Whore

Gif boy gif boy. Hey hey hey I'm Gif boy.

If you say something I don't like I'll gifya.

If you don't agree with me I'll gifya.

Cause I'm a gif boy, I'm a gif boy.

Look at me I'm gif boy.

Latest posts