What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday Rnd 7 vs Knights

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He did a solid job, and still just 19. The merkin is eligible for Flegg next year ffs. These appearances are good for his development and aren't hurting the team. Can you imagine the f**ken narrative if he had played in last week's loss but missed the win yesterday? Simpletons would be saying it was all his fault. Like when we lost a winger at 26-12 up against the Titans and switched off to the point where our right side defence collapsed. Merkins were twisting themselves inside out to try and blame Jake Arthur for it "hE dIsRuPtEd OuR aTtAcK!!" But now he's played 80 minutes and we belted the opposition they're still doing nothing but picking fault. He kicked dead, he missed some tackles, he threw a forward pass. Over 80 minutes that's a very safe game, and a good performance from a young backup player. He neither disrupted the attack nor the defence. He did his job.

emjaycee

Coach
He did a solid job, and still just 19. The merkin is eligible for Flegg next year ffs. These appearances are good for his development and aren't hurting the team. Can you imagine the f**ken narrative if he had played in last week's loss but missed the win yesterday? Simpletons would be saying it was all his fault. Like when we lost a winger at 26-12 up against the Titans and switched off to the point where our right side defence collapsed. Merkins were twisting themselves inside out to try and blame Jake Arthur for it "hE dIsRuPtEd OuR aTtAcK!!" But now he's played 80 minutes and we belted the opposition they're still doing nothing but picking fault. He kicked dead, he missed some tackles, he threw a forward pass. Over 80 minutes that's a very safe game, and a good performance from a young backup player. He neither disrupted the attack nor the defence. He did his job.
Sure he didn't disrupt the attack or the defence, but, but, but, he is the coaches son, so nepotism at its finest mate. Hell, we even released Salmon and Smith to make way for Jake apparently.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just wouldn't sum it up like that at all.
For starters I think a half needs to have a run game or will be exposed. He also needs a good pass game and kick. That is 3 things they need to survive in the NRL along with capable defense.

I would say JA does have ok defense and by time he develop it will be very good. Big kid.

His passing game is to hard to gauge. I've not seen him throw a nice/smart ball yet in NRL. But have a few times in NSW cup. But Rankin throws about 10 nice passes a game at that level.

Run game - Slow and lacks power. I don't see that improving, its his genetics. He is slow on his feet and lacks power. His run game will always be poor I would guess so for him to make it in the NRL he needs to have kick game and pass game that is A++ or he will not be in the NRL for very long.

Kick game - Looks wonky. But it is something he can work on an improve. Doesn't mean it will ever be great.

Sharpness - I reckon he looks slow in decision making and robotic. Does seem to have decent awareness. I reckon he will improve here.

So how do you judge him? He may have potential its hard to tell but I've seen little to suggest he will be a 10yr nrl player. Yes he is 19. Yes he could play jersey flegg. Yes this is good for his development....I guess it depends on what you think he can develop into.