What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 19 vs Broncos

hybrideel

Bench
I think I also heard some boos when BA's name was called out when they went through the team list. It certainly appears that many people have gone off BA

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think I also heard some boos when BA's name was called out when they went through the team list. It certainly appears that many people have gone off BA
Not some. The boos were as loud as that for JA. Sad that the kid was booed but common sense says that those boos were more for his selection not personal. The GA area was out of control last night for their anger against BA. Lots of F Bombs dropped last night. Ive not seen that before.

hybrideel

Bench
I reckon if the board wandered around the grounds last night and spoke to a few average punters (I know Pou thinks we are all dumb merkins who don't know football), you would find very few that don't want BA gone. And that would get them concerned as they don't want these people walking away from memberships, merch, attending games

Chipmunk

Coach
The booing the coach and is son is an interesting development, particularly with what, four further home games to go?

It appears that the coach has well and truly lost the support of the mob from what I can see. My personal opinion is that the players stopped believing around 12 months ago, as we've been awful most weeks for 12 months now.

He should never have been extended at the back end of last season, but his position is virtually untenable now.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon if the board wandered around the grounds last night and spoke to a few average punters (I know Pou thinks we are all dumb merkins who don't know football), you would find very few that don't want BA gone. And that would get them concerned as they don't want these people walking away from memberships, merch, attending games
Last nights mood at the ground was as feral as it's ever been since moving to commbank back in 2019 I reckon.

Maybe because we have won 75% of games there hasn't been much to whinge about but it was obvious after 25 mins once broncos got to 18-4 we were done and the mood was toxic and depressing for the last 55 mins.

eel01s

Bench
The only way to stop this is to win, and keep winning. Nothing less than a strong performance in a Prelim Final appearance will cut it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not sure if you noticed while you were sitting at home and watched the carcrash unfold but poor old Jakey boy was copping it from the eels crowd when he was brought on with 5 mins to go literally because of his surname.

Right or wrong BA has basically thrown his son under the bus and the fans are using JA as an outlet to vent there frustration of BA.

Btw I wasn't part of the booing I was too pissed off with the overall team to waste my energy in the last 5 mins about that decision from BA as the game was done.

But how is that not damaging the kid. When the fans who pay there money and i doubt any are on this forum are booing him when he runs onto the field.
It’ll teach him resilience. I boo my own f**ken kids when they play on the weekend.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People hate to think we’re just not as set up for success as the bigger clubs, and the coach is always the scapegoat. The Tigers just got rid of Maguire ffs. He’s won more premierships than they have in the past ten years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m sure enough fan pressure will get rid of him. I’m equally sure it won’t solve anything. We might even go backwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m sure enough fan pressure will get rid of him. I’m equally sure it won’t solve anything. We might even go backwards.

Of course we will go backwards.
Who said to let 800k Gutherson walk? Hindy111
Till we get him off books and N.Brown we have 1.2-1.3 mill wasted.

Guth may regain form. But he turns 28 soon and has had a few ACLs. I'm not confident that it's just poor form. It could be his body is deteriating earlier then others due to injuries and genetics. I've seen plenty of players had it by 29.
Ferguson is 32. He spent his time at ages 29,30 and 31 playing with us. The decline from 29 to 30 was rapid. By 31 he was a nsw cup player basically.

Roosters seen decline at age 28 and outed him.

We may need a rebuild. We certainly need to f**k the people in charge of juniors off as they are the worse in NRL. We can't even develop a winger. Surely we should be able to develop guys better then Simmonson. Yet we haven't.

Name another NRL club who have only one player in their 17 that's been developed in the last 3yrs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course we will go backwards.
Who said to let 800k Gutherson walk? Hindy111
Till we get him off books and N.Brown we have 1.2-1.3 mill wasted.

Guth may regain form. But he turns 28 soon and has had a few ACLs. I'm not confident that it's just poor form. It could be his body is deteriating earlier then others due to injuries and genetics. I've seen plenty of players had it by 29.
Ferguson is 32. He spent his time at ages 29,30 and 31 playing with us. The decline from 29 to 30 was rapid. By 31 he was a nsw cup player basically.

Roosters seen decline at age 28 and outed him.

We may need a rebuild. We certainly need to f**k the people in charge of juniors off as they are the worse in NRL. We can't even develop a winger. Surely we should be able to develop guys better then Simmonson. Yet we haven't.

Name another NRL club who have only one player in their 17 that's been developed in the last 3yrs.
I think Dunster is better than Simonsson. He was massive in the finals last year.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Dunster is better than Simonsson. He was massive in the finals last year.

Simmonson was given a 3yr deal. They rated him as a top 17 player imo.
Dunster is ok. Hardly a game breaker but yes I agree he is better then Superman Simmonson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Simmonson was given a 3yr deal. They rated him as a top 17 player imo.
Dunster is ok. Hardly a game breaker but yes I agree he is better then Superman Simmonson.
The length of the deal means f**k all. It’s how much they’re getting paid that matters. If a bloke is happy with $150k/year and you think he’ll still be worth it in three years why not give him the job security?

hindy111

Post Whore
The length of the deal means f**k all. It’s how much they’re getting paid that matters. If a bloke is happy with $150k/year and you think he’ll still be worth it in three years why not give him the job security?

Name 5 players who you can think of that have been signed for 3yrs as a back up? Generally it's 1yr deals. 2 at most.
Opacic is a perfect example.
The fact Bailey was 23 when signed and had clocked up 45 NRL by then makes it even more likely he was signed as a starter. I mean you reckon after playing 45 NRL games by age 23 he felt he was ready to commit to 3yrs as a back up.
He would be on 250k+

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Name 5 players who you can think of that have been signed for 3yrs as a back up? Generally it's 1yr deals. 2 at most.
Opacic is a perfect example.
The fact Bailey was 23 when signed and had clocked up 45 NRL by then makes it even more likely he was signed as a starter. I mean you reckon after playing 45 NRL games by age 23 he felt he was ready to commit to 3yrs as a back up.
He would be on 250k+
$200k tops. He hadn’t really shown enough to demand more.