What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday vs Dragons 11 April @ 6:15pm

Eelogical

Referee
Unless it’s way down I’d be letting him go, it’s only going to get worse with every head knock.
If he continues on he should have to wear some form of protective headgear, because we all know it's going to happen again.

Noise

Coach
Yeah, so I've been told. Maybe the NRL should throw some coin into changing that.
Concussion results from the brain moving a little. It would be a hell of an investment to create a device that holds the brain steady when there’s impact.

Eelogical

Referee
Concussion results from the brain moving a little. It would be a hell of an investment to create a device that holds the brain steady when there’s impact.
Fair enough. Then Matto should seriously consider his options because it doesn't look rosy for him if he continues playing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Very similar to his previous Eels concussion. Players and coaches kept stating that Matto was fine and sure to play then he withdraws late in the week. Obviously Matto has on going concerns. I recall a major criticism of the Tigers by him was that he was forced to play when he believed he shouldn't. Psychologically this appears to be having a considerable impact. Good luck Matto.

TheRam

Coach
And some people were/are happy with Kaufusi's two week suspension. How is that a deterrent to what can result in this type of injury?

There is no way in the world that he would have followed through with his forearm/elbow as if Matterson had no head if he knew that the penalty was a 10+ week suspension.

Something tells me his tackle technique would have been totally different.

The two week suspension is a joke. I wish that a player would sue the NRL for not having strong deterrents and protections in place to prevent career and life altering foul play injuries. They deserve nothing less. Hopefully Mattereson is the litigious type and he does just that. With suspensions like that the NRL is just playing lip service to head trauma injuries.

Nothing like the threat of litigation to get them policing and charging players for foul play correctly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And some people were/are happy with Kaufusi's two week suspension. How is that a deterrent to what can result in this type of injury?

There is no way in the world that he would have followed through with his forearm/elbow as if Matterson had no head if he knew that the penalty was a 10+ week suspension.

Something tells me his tackle technique would have been totally different.

The two week suspension is a joke. I wish that a player would sue the NRL for not having strong deterrents and protections in place to prevent career and life altering foul play injuries. They deserve nothing less. Hopefully Mattereson is the litigious type and he does just that. With suspensions like that the NRL is just playing lip service to head trauma injuries.

Nothing like the threat of litigation to get them policing and charging players for foul play correctly.

Some serious questions need to be asked here - if this latest concussion results in the early end of the career of a fine player, then serious investigations need to be made into Felise Kaufusi.

Obviously, nothing will happen, because the NRL is run by spineless simpletons, who don't have a clue about what player welfare REALLY means - but if the NRL was a properly-run organisation, they would be extending Kaufusi's suspension, to really set an example that acts of thuggery will not be tolerated.

Latest posts