What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List v Raiders

snout

First Grade
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but players still take a while to be “match fit”. And I’m including the ability to form combinations and understanding with other players under that board umbrella too. It’s very common that timing is out when someone has been out for an extended period.

A week off probably wouldn’t hurt but extended periods out start to matter.

Also, if you’re doing a simulation at the intensity of a game- you may as well be playing anyway.

It’s never “simples”. The world is complex.

You may have a vision of what you would like the world to be like, but reality is sometimes different.
Did you see Johnson when came back from 3 weeks off?

Simples.

Quicksilver

Bench
Did you see Johnson when came back from 3 weeks off?

Simples.

oh it’s that simple.

Have you ever considered there might be a cumulative impact of sitting out for large swathes of the season?

Did you know that there is a correlation between teams that use less players in a season and success?

Have you not seen teams fall flat after a week off in the finals to a team coming through on a roll of momentum?

Have you not noticed the issues we’ve had in being able to name a consistent side week-to-week?

Do you not think there could be some value in giving a disjointed team (particularly in defence) the opportunity to gel?

I don’t think I’m a revolutionary in thinking that maybe taking a fortnight off before the finals could possibly be detrimental to the individual and the team.

I think most of the first grade coaches are probably on the same page as me. At least they’d know it’s a problem to be weighed up.

But not the all knowing Snout. No, it’s clearly obvious to him.

MilkShark

First Grade
SJ could have been injured in any game.

I didnt want us resting anybody last week, we need to form combinations, even this late in the season and build some momentum.

Quicksilver

Bench
No one seems to have brought up the fact that Penriff is the team no one would want to meet 1st week......including Ricky! Knows he'd have more chance to knock us off with our depleted squad

He’s mistaken.

The only thing that will be knocked off is a Canberra player’s head by a flying Chad.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
No one seems to have brought up the fact that Penriff is the team no one would want to meet 1st week......including Ricky! Knows he'd have more chance to knock us off with our depleted squad
Yeah for sure....Ricky has decided that playing the Sharks in sudden death is a better option than playing the Pennies for a shot to go straight through to the prelim. Geez I’d piss myself if we happened to knock the mucus out first semi. Extreme long shot but not impossible.

snout

First Grade
oh it’s that simple.

Have you ever considered there might be a cumulative impact of sitting out for large swathes of the season?

Did you know that there is a correlation between teams that use less players in a season and success?

Have you not seen teams fall flat after a week off in the finals to a team coming through on a roll of momentum?

Have you not noticed the issues we’ve had in being able to name a consistent side week-to-week?

Do you not think there could be some value in giving a disjointed team (particularly in defence) the opportunity to gel?

I don’t think I’m a revolutionary in thinking that maybe taking a fortnight off before the finals could possibly be detrimental to the individual and the team.

I think most of the first grade coaches are probably on the same page as me. At least they’d know it’s a problem to be weighed up.

But not the all knowing Snout. No, it’s clearly obvious to him.
Sorry..you lost me at "oh"...
I didnt read any further.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah for sure....Ricky has decided that playing the Sharks in sudden death is a better option than playing the Pennies for a shot to go straight through to the prelim. Geez I’d piss myself if we happened to knock the mucus out first semi. Extreme long shot but not impossible.

It will backfire. The Raiders Rookies will go through us like shit through a goose.

Then they get cocky

The mighty Chad returns to lead the Perkins Paste Sharks to a glorious week 1 victory.

Can I get some odds?

shaggs

Coach
It will backfire. The Raiders Rookies will go through us like shit through a goose.

Then they get cocky

The mighty Chad returns to lead the Perkins Paste Sharks to a glorious week 1 victory.

Can I get some odds?
$10.65

Quicksilver

Bench
Ha...the sad truth is NOBODY wouldve read it.

That’s ok. It wasn’t directed at anyone else, although it’s free for them to read if they’d like.

You’re the one calling out the coaching staff as “dumb” on a public forum. I thought you might appreciate some feedback and some counterpoints.

But then you get all ginger when your ideas are even lightly challenged.

Happy to fling it, not so happy to cop it. Not the best recipe for personal development.

snout

First Grade
Take the hint...
I actually made the mistake to read a few of your posts previously.
Pointless dribble.
So its an automatic scroll when l see you reply.
I aint wasting 10 seconds of life reading anything you offer.

Take the hint...
Pointless dribble.

And yet you waste 20 seconds to reply that you didn't read it ?.Its a fan forum FFS. yet you feel obliged to try to shut someone down with personal insult ,with absolutely no address to their argument . Should be easy for you to address if its so bad or easier still to just ignore .

snout

First Grade
And yet you waste 20 seconds to reply that you didn't read it ?.Its a fan forum FFS. yet you feel obliged to try to shut someone down with personal insult ,with absolutely no address to their argument . Should be easy for you to address if its so bad or easier still to just ignore .
Excellent point.
So good l read it twice.

I didnt mean to be rude to him - hes a dick and l was just reminding him. Sometimes he forgets

Quicksilver

Bench
Take the hint...
Pointless dribble.

If it’s “pointless dribble” maybe we could engage in a discussion as to why?

That way we can both work out what the weak parts of my argument are. We can both learn. I can learn about why what I said was wrong, and you can test out the points I’ve made. If my argument stands up to your rigour then maybe there might be at least an element of constructive thought in there, even if you don’t agree entirely.

You can take that on board and strengthen your standpoint for next time. It’s a win/win.

Just saying something is “dumb” is not helpful for anyone.

Did somebody say hotdog stand?