What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Cows

JokerEel

Coach
Id like to see cam king to wenty, salmon on the bench ... backline reshuffle corey at 5/8th and whatever makes sense from there - even taka in centres .... salmon to spell reed if necessary for 10 mins

1. Gutho
2. Hayne
3. Salmon
4. Mennings
5. Gennings

6. Norman
7. Moses

forward pass

Coach
Salmon strikes me as a potential lock forward. He has a bit of size, seems to be pretty physical and knows how to support the ball carrier. I just don't see any organising or try assists in him - from what I have seen so far.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Salmon strikes me as a potential lock forward. He has a bit of size, seems to be pretty physical and knows how to support the ball carrier. I just don't see any organising or try assists in him - from what I have seen so far.

Not sure, he is probably too skillfull for a middle role. Seems the game has moved away from having a “5/8” style player in the lock position, to having more of a “prop” there. Also probably lacks the size to constantly take the ball up the middle which will take away from his play making ability.

I see him as a Wade Graham style player on the edge - started in the halves but just lacked a bit of quality in the play making department to be a permanent half but still very skilful. Out wide we can use his ability to run or do some play making with players one on one (which rarely happens it the middle)

hindy111

Post Whore
Salmom maybe can end up a Wade Graheme style but his body would be 3 yrs before it developed to that type.
For now a 5/8 or centre . He has set up a try with a kick and has an ok pass from what I have seen. Currently I dont think he is better then Norman at 5/8. And I reckon Bevan,Hoff or Hayne would more at fullback then Norman.

1Gutherson
2.Hayne
3Mj
4Taka/Salmon
5Jennings

hindy111

Post Whore
BA needs to work out where Gutherson long term future is. This 5/8, Fullback, centre thing is nothing more then disruptive to his development. Then decide on Haynes spot long term. After that he can decide what to do with Salmon.
At moment I see a coach who isn't sure of who goes or plays where.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA needs to work out where Gutherson long term future is. This 5/8, Fullback, centre thing is nothing more then disruptive to his development. Then decide on Haynes spot long term. After that he can decide what to do with Salmon.
At moment I see a coach who isn't sure of who goes or plays where.
BAs theory is to create flexibility. Anyone can play anywhere within reason. Not sure I agree with this but the players mention it often in interviews and haven't spoken negatively on the subject.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im surprised no one has mentioned something real important for this match

What are we gonna get Jonathon Thurston at games end? :rolleyes:

Hope Hindy is at the game, he will give him something...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not sure, he is probably too skillfull for a middle role. Seems the game has moved away from having a “5/8” style player in the lock position, to having more of a “prop” there. Also probably lacks the size to constantly take the ball up the middle which will take away from his play making ability.

I see him as a Wade Graham style player on the edge - started in the halves but just lacked a bit of quality in the play making department to be a permanent half but still very skilful. Out wide we can use his ability to run or do some play making with players one on one (which rarely happens it the middle)

Whoosh