What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Dragons

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels side

1. Corey Norman
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Clint Gutherson (c)
5. George Jennings
6. Jaeman Salmon
7. Mitch Moses
8. Siosaia Vave
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Tim Mannah (c)
11. Marata Niukore
12. Tepai Moeroa
13. Nathan Brown

Interchange
14. Will Smith
15. Kane Evans
16. Peni Terepo
17. Brad Takairangi

18. Bevan French
19. David Gower
20. Oregon Kaufusi
21. Ray Stone

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/08/07/eels-v-dragons-round-22-team-list/

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
200w.webp

Gronk

Staff member
What the hell so we have to do to get rid of this guy. He’s a disaster. Can’t wait till BA injects him on to the field so he can stuff up another game.
I tend to agree. BA must still have a hardon watching Damien Cook last week and envy the fast feet that he brings. Otherwise I don't know why Reedy would not get 80mins. I don't recall Reedy looking gassed in the final 20. So yeah WTF.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I tend to agree. BA must still have a hardon watching Damien Cook last week and envy the fast feet that he brings. Otherwise I don't know why Reedy would not get 80mins. I don't recall Reedy looking gassed in the final 20. So yeah WTF.
It's conditioned behaviour. BA has never had a hooker that you didn't think could potentially break in two at any moment.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Just when I think BA has finally got the team right, allowing for injurys, I see hes maintained form by selecting Will Smith. Dead set. BA has a death wish. Just dont believe it. Maybe its cover for Kaufusi making his debut. One can only hope.

Chipmunk

Coach
What the hell so we have to do to get rid of this guy. He’s a disaster. Can’t wait till BA injects him on to the field so he can stuff up another game.

It's conditioned behaviour. BA has never had a hooker that you didn't think could potentially break in two at any moment.

Would Mahoney be not Top 30 still and we're still getting permission to play him and have to have Smith in the 17 for him to get a game?

Stagger eel

Staff member

We’ve got a 6 who’s making is nrl run on debut.... can you guarantee he can last 80 in his first hitout?

I kinda understand why BA has chosen smith

Dibs

Bench
We’ve got a 6 who’s making is nrl run on debut.... can you guarantee he can last 80 in his first hitout?

I kinda understand why BA has chosen smith
Was going to say this myself. More cover for the fish than the reed

Gronk

Staff member
So is Salmon making his debut at five eighth an admission that Norman is gone?

No. French is dropped. Salmon goes up. Smith comes in (for the reasons Stagger mentioned). Backline is reshuffled under the Jack Gibson mantra of pick your best 13 and find positions for them.

He had no backup rake last week. Reedy was vs Peats & Rein.
I tend to think Smith is "backup" for Salmon and, in need, he can cover hooker if required as well. Not many people seem to like Smith but there is no doubt he is a handy back up because of the number of positions he can cover -- fullback, wing, half back and hooker.. Smart move BA.