What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Titans

Gronk

Staff member
From the Souths Presser...

BA: I’d like to think the Reedy (Mahoney) can play 80mins

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd like to see changes in our halves, but I doubt it will happen.

Moses is just too inconsistent to remain at 7, imo.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know we probably can't play some of these players, but if we can reckon it's time to blood players for 2019, if they aren't here next year don't play them unless we have too.

1. French
2. GL (is he ready?)
3. Gutho
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahoney
10. Evans
11. Moeroa
12. Mk
13. Brown
14. Salmon
15. Mannah
16. Peni
17. Kaufusi (is he ready ?)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I know we probably can't play some of these players, but if we can reckon it's time to blood players for 2019, if they aren't here next year don't play them unless we have too.

1. French
2. GL (is he ready?)
3. Gutho
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahoney
10. Evans
11. Moeroa
12. Mk
13. Brown
14. Salmon
15. Mannah
16. Peni
17. Kaufusi (is he ready ?)

GL isn't ready. Kaufusi wasn't in the development players so I doubt we could play him even if we had players injured.

Who's Mk? Is Matt Keating making a comeback?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
GL isn't ready. Kaufusi wasn't in the development players so I doubt we could play him even if we had players injured.

Who's Mk? Is Matt Keating making a comeback?

Yeah I assumed GL wouldn’t be ready.

These development contracts / top 30 squads really don’t help with player development!

just realised I stuffed up, its Marata

Gronk

Staff member
Runs hard but not really the tackle busting /line breaking edge forward we need. Defence ok. Doesn’t seem to have too much in the way of ball skills.

Whi is your ideal backrower that ticks all the boxes ?

Noise

Coach
Whi is your ideal backrower that ticks all the boxes ?

I’d want either a ball playing back rower like Wade Graham or a tackle busting / line breaking edge forward like Kikau. Marata is ok but doesn’t seem to be the ball playing style nor the line breaker

Gronk

Staff member
I’d want either a ball playing back rower like Wade Graham or a tackle busting / line breaking edge forward like Kikau. Marata is ok but doesn’t seem to be the ball playing style nor the line breaker

Got it.

chiefy1

Juniors
Huge upside. Strong runner and good defender. Will earn another contract and will be an integral park of our squad.

Marata is getting better with ever match and has the physical attributes to have a good future. We can't expect too much from a player who's had a few games but it's good we're continuing with him in the top team

Gronk

Staff member
Marata is getting better with ever match and has the physical attributes to have a good future. We can't expect too much from a player who's had a few games but it's good we're continuing with him in the top team

I agree. I get that @Noise would like a Graham or Kikau, but without them on the market merkins like Marata don’t come along all that often. I see Marata as a Boyd Cordner type player. He might not have try assists in him, but that does not mean he isn’t an important part of a good side.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Most of the top quality edge players aren’t big bodies like Kikau or ball players like Graham, a lot are just good defenders and strong runners like boyd, frizell, cooper, kaufusi, Crichton, Sims, Gillet

strider

Post Whore
Most of the top quality edge players aren’t big bodies like Kikau or ball players like Graham, a lot are just good defenders and strong runners like boyd, frizell, cooper, kaufusi, Crichton, Sims, Gillet
Guys like frizzell and kaufusi have alot more to their game

Latest posts