What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team name and stadium

FoxSports
The Gold Coast team, to be coached by Sydney Roosters and New South Wales State of Origin assistant coach John Cartwright, will be officially named by fans through an internet competition in July.

Names already emerging include the Pirates, Swell, Dumpers, Stingrays, Breakers, Stingers and Phoenix.

The club will play its first season in 2007 at Carrara while a flash new stadium – expected to be at Robina – is built and financed by the Queensland Government at a cost of more than $100 million.

Swell?? Dumpers??? :lol:

Esoj

Juniors
swell could work I think especailly in conversations eg Q:So hows things going at the coast? A: Mate everything is swell

ash the bash

Juniors
Hey last time i went to Coast i stayed at Burleigh, im not so sure about the demograph of the area.. i have asked a few ppl some reckon Carrara is a better location while others reckon Robina can someone from the coast or who knows the area give there opinion on the most suitable location.. transport, access etc... For the new stadium

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well it will be Robina so it doesn't really matter

2007 they will play at Cararra but from 2008 onwards they will play at the new purpose built stadium and Robina.

Whats Doing

Bench
How about the Gold Coast "Wave" There could be a few connotations which would be a marketers dream. These are the surf which is linked to the Gold Coast and as well as the Gold Coast supporters could have their own "wave" similiar to the mexican wave.

Special K

Coach
Pirates

steal the stadium thing from the bucs in the NFL

350X273_Photos_buc_cove.jpg

Coaster

Bench
That Buc ground looks friggin awesome, check out there site for some more great pics.

There is no reason why we couldnt steal that idea, and make the scoreboard end of the ground, with 1 massive Pirate ship.

Everytime the pirates score, the cannons go off.

The kids would love it, and we need to also design the food alley like they have it, or like Dreamworld have that old area, near the helicopters.

If they do there homework, and make it right, it would be an event kids would demand to go to.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If I was a politically correct nark, I'd call that racism :lol:

Disco

Bench
Gold Coast Mantarays
Gold Coast Stingrays
Gold Coast Stingers

Any of the above with the same mascot

or The Gold Coast Marlins

Latest posts