What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next round

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We have some players due back in two weeks. Won't happen but I'd like to see this:

1 Tedesco
2 Nofoaluma
3 Simona
4 Lawrence
5 Koroibete
6 Marshall
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Farah
10 Blair
11 Fulton
12 Sironen
13 Sue

14 BMM
15 Galloway
16 Seumanafagai/Buchanan
17 Thompson

- Time for Siro to move into the backrow. We desperately need a halfback, so Brooks.
- if Brooks not able to play due to salary cap, I would play Anasta there and give him the kicking duties (both general play and goal kicking)
- Marshall should be banned from kicking, especially for touch
- Galloway eased back in off the bench, should give us some impact
- I'd rotate Ava and Buchanan for the rest of the year. I'd also consider trying Buchanan at lock at various points in the game.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like that team. I also think the season is gone so we need to start looking to the future.

The only problem that I can see is can Lawrence or Simona swap to the other side.

BrotherJim05

Bench
To be honest I wouldn't move the team around too much. The players are just starting to get comfortable in their positions and moving them around will just cause too many problems.

If we want to move Siro I say give him an off season training as a forward. If Benji moves to Union i reckon put Anasta at 7, keep Siro at 6 and then in 2015 Brooks will be well and truly ready to take Anastas place.

If Benji stays, keep siro at 7.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree that Ayshford deserves to be dropped but Thompson doesn't.

I'd consider this
1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Simona
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete
6 - Marshall
7 - Sironen
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Ayshford
12 - Fulton
13 - Sue

14 - Murdoch-Masila
15 - Buchanan
16 - Seumanufagai
17 - Anasta

I don't want to rush any young untried halves into this side

gronkathon

First Grade
Koro will be back through NSW Cup for at least the first week.

Brooks is a last three or four games option really. I believe the deal done with the auditors is that when we are mathematically done we can use him through an exemption

R2Coupe

Juniors
I'm glad both teams include BMM (both suggested teams are good).

Do you believe BMM is the type of player who respons to a challenge ie Potter says give me 15mins each half high impact runs (as many as possible) and strong defence.

Are both Koroibete and Galloway ready to return?

I'd give Koroibete the rest of the season in NSW Cup saying that, if Simona is leaving (the club must know), I'd play Koroibete. Anasta to 7 so he can take over the kicking from the Bali tourist. Siro is going to be a lock but not before he has a real off season in the gym, playing him at lock here means we have plenty on the bench, forward replacement wise.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Ayshford
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete / Simona
6 - Marshall
7 - Anasta
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Sue
12 - Fulton
13 - Sironen

14 - Blair (but he has to play in the middle)
15 - Buchanan
16 - Seumanufagai
17 - Murdoch-Masila

As soon as they know if anyone is leaving, e.g. Simona or Ayshford, give someone else a go. Saying that, if the NSW Cup team and U20's guys are bound for finals football, maybe the likes of Sironen & Koroibete would be better playing there for the rest of the year.

gronkathon

First Grade
Problem with Sirro is a backrower is that he will get trampled a fair few times like Bukuya did Friday evening.

Put him in the NYC as he is still eligible I believe

magpie guy

Juniors
Are both Koroibete and Galloway ready to return?

I'd give Koroibete the rest of the season in NSW Cup saying that, if Simona is leaving (the club must know), I'd play Koroibete. Anasta to 7 so he can take over the kicking from the Bali tourist. Siro is going to be a lock but not before he has a real off season in the gym, playing him at lock here means we have plenty on the bench, forward replacement wise.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Ayshford
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete / Simona
6 - Marshall
7 - Anasta
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Sue
12 - Fulton
13 - Sironen

14 - Blair (but he has to play in the middle)
15 - Buchanan
16 - Seumanufagai
17 - Murdoch-Masila

As soon as they know if anyone is leaving, e.g. Simona or Ayshford, give someone else a go. Saying that, if the NSW Cup team and U20's guys are bound for finals football, maybe the likes of Sironen & Koroibete would be better playing there for the rest of the year.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Simona/Nofo
3 - Nofo/Simona
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete
6 - Marshall
7 - Anasta
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Ayshford/Siro
12 - Fulton
13 - Sue

14 - Galloway
15 - Siro/Aysh
16 - Seumanufagai/Buchanan
17 - Murdoch-Masila

I would bring Galloway on for Blair off the bench until he has some match fitness. Also, imagine the impact of Galloway on at 15-20 mins then BMM at 20-30mins.

If Siro is to move to the forwards I think he should be playing a little wider for starters. It protects him a bit from too much tackling in tight and being monstered. It also ensures that his confidence can stay up and we are not relying on him to shore up our ruck defence. Sue, Fulton and Blair can all take on the lock role (though Bell would be my first choice if fit).

I think BMM might also benefit from some time in NSW Cup playing big minutes to get his fitness up but we don't really have the luxury of a better replacement at the moment.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I would just keep the same team but put Galloway on the bench in place of Spence.

Koro to NSW cup untill he gets fully match fit again.

Not sure where to play Anasta as changing the halves around is NOT something we can afford. Maybe play him at 13 with Sue moved to bench.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Is Brooks a running halfback or an organising one? Because if he's an organising one, i'd probably put he and Sironen in the halves similar to what Reynolds and Sutton have, just an insight.

Is Brooks a running halfback or an organising one? Because if he's an organising one, i'd probably put he and Sironen in the halves similar to what Reynolds and Sutton have, just an insight.

Think Johns or Kimmorley. He is a running and organising half.

Sirro and Brooks will be combo in 2014.