What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week vs Panthers

carcharias

Immortal
From nrl ap

Cronulla received some good news from medical tests on Saturday, which show dual international Andrew Fifita's season is not done as his anterior cruciate ligament has remained intact.

But the Australia-Tonga forward will miss anywhere from a week to a month as he has severe swelling on the knee and some bone bruising.

In other news to lighten coach Shane Flanagan's mood, his other starting prop Matt Prior has escaped suspension and can play against Penrith next Sunday at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

The match review committee issued a grade one charge and $1500 fine, which reduces to $1350 if he pleads guilty early. Prior would then be free to play the Panthers.

"That's massive news for us," Flanagan told NRL.com.

"In regards to Andrew, his ACL has not been damaged but he's got no PCL (posterior cruciate ligament), or the little he had left of that has torn.
"It means his knee is unstable and went from underneath him because of not having that PCL. So the first diagnosis (suspected torn ACL) was wrong, thank God.

"He does have some bone bruising so we have to see how that settles over the next couple of days and by Tuesday I'll have a better idea.

"At this stage he could be right next weekend or he could be out for a month."

However, the Sharks will be without both their co-captains in Paul Gallen and Wade Graham for the clash with the Panthers in round seven and then the Gold Coast in round eight, at least.

Gallen is due to have scans Sunday on his right knee, which he had in a leg brace after Friday night's 40-20 loss to St George Illawarra. Graham has a left hamstring strain, which was scanned on Saturday, and that will be anywhere from two to four weeks.

lolesi

First Grade
Ever torn one? I’ve done all the grades. Always a limp first few days minimum

Plenty of times unfortunately. Can never get the farker right! But have always been able to walk ok.

Never been one to set a cracking pace though..

carcharias

Immortal
Wades can’t be too bad
Wasn’t strapped
He was cruising around sutho markets
Got a feed
Sat down
Totally ignored me playing the guitar
He totally ignored the dude reading from the bible too though.
Walked back off towards sutho station
Him and his missus ate different things
Their having a baby
Dog was cute
Restraining order was given to me this morning

lolesi

First Grade
Wades can’t be too bad
Wasn’t strapped
He was cruising around sutho markets
Got a feed
Sat down
Totally ignored me playing the guitar
He totally ignored the dude reading from the bible too though.
Walked back off towards sutho station
Him and his missus ate different things
Their having a baby
Dog was cute
Restraining order was given to me this morning

That's rubbish mate. Police state!

On a side note, what did they eat?

Ads

First Grade
Plenty of times unfortunately. Can never get the farker right! But have always been able to walk ok.

Never been one to set a cracking pace though..
Worst f**king injuries. Always in the back of your head and always go again. Would be nice to get daily free physio though which I’m sure makes it much easier to recover from.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Tbh Wadeo hasn't been his usual damaging self all season....someone mentioned a hand injury?? Might be the right time to get over both these nigglies for a few weeks and come back fresh. Hopefully not in time for origin. Interestingly we should have faarrk all players in origin this year....No Fifi...Bird...Gal....Moylan couldn't be looked at surely. Only 2 possibles are Wadeo and dugan.

lolesi

First Grade
Worst f**king injuries. Always in the back of your head and always go again. Would be nice to get daily free physio though which I’m sure makes it much easier to recover from.

Spot on mate.

Never want to fully sprint or stretch it out completely just in case. Punish

carcharias

Immortal
That's rubbish mate. Police state!

On a side note, what did they eat?
Wade got the standard steak sandwhich or something.
Not sure what his girl got ...probably a healthier option.

They did hold hands briefly.

f**k I know too much about their trip to the markets

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
My team for next week providing Boogs and Wade are okay to play. Anyone have any updates on Lewis?

1. Moylan
2. Lee
3. Dugan
4. Ramien
5. Holmes
6. Hodkinson
7. Townsend
8. Seumanafagai
9. Brailey
10. Prior
11. Capewell
12. Graham
13. Bukuya

14. Uele
15. Dillion
16. Sorensen
17. Paulo

carcharias

Immortal
Carcharias' Eye in the Sky

I saw one dude bail him up at the steak sanga line.
He’d know more.
The dude looked s bit spesh...probably takes banners to the games.

I am not sure but when he walked past me playing guitar he had a look of “ that sounds shit” on his face.

Latest posts