What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
Feels suspiciously like shuffling deck chairs around the Titanic at the moment-

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Beale
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Sao
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Papali'i
12- Mannering
13- Blair

Res- Satae, Tevaga, Lisone, Sipley

Hiku and Gavet back to ISP

Cold Roses

Juniors
Hiku and Gavet back to ISP

Tevaga as well. I seriously admire the guys tenacity, but the reality is, we're losing too much physicality by having the guy play in the middle for 60 mins of a game. The only way that would work is if you had Fafita & Bromwich up front. At one point last night we were relying on Tevaga, Blair, Mannering and Papali'i to swing momentum back our way.

JJ

Immortal
He's consistently not given Sao or Satae game time so don't see that happening now

Same with Hiku. There's no doubting what he offers and Kearney is one of the few people that think he's a first grade centre

We're fortunate the Raiders are a basket case, Newcastle had injuries, the Tigers lost their way and the Titans haven't quite found there's

Cold Roses

Juniors
He's consistently not given Sao or Satae game time so don't see that happening now

Same with Hiku. There's no doubting what he offers and Kearney is one of the few people that think he's a first grade centre

Sao had a great start to the season. Don't know what happened, if anything, but he's definitely been on the outer. Performances in ISP have been good enough to warrant a recall. Last night was poor coaching from Kearney. Simple as that. We were getting beat up in the middle and his solution was to bring on Tevaga. Satae I think is just the inexperience as much as anything. He's reluctant to overuse him. To be perfectly honest, I think the guy needs to start a game, and see if he's got what it takes from parity with the opposing team, rather than bringing him on when we're getting hammered in possession and he just ends up losing gas by over tackling.

Hiku is a fullback or wing. Simple as that. Doesn't have a clue when it comes to defending in the centers.

JJ

Immortal
Hiku is a useful squad guy to fill in for injury.

I've said before I wish he'd turned out better as I've always liked him, but he's just not

Leber

Bench
with no bunty or tohu, Id have to put beale in for hiku, lisone in for satae and vuna on the bench.

Not a winning side though.

Meth

Staff member
I think we have to sure up the middle and then fix up our leaky edge. I am just not sure that we have the props to do the first and most pressing thing though.

morningstar

Juniors
1. RTS
2. Maumalo
3. Beale
4. Kata
5. Fus
6. Green
7. SJ
8. Blair - with explicit instruction to play like a prop. No more passing before the line, run hard and look for an offload
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Papali’i
12. Gelling
13. Mannering

14. Lawton
15. Sao
16. Lisone...can’t believe i just typed that
17. Satae

If Jazz “Scrappy Doo” Tevaga and Pe-turnstile Hiku are in the 21 on Tuesday Kearney is delusionsal.

Matua

Bench
Personally, I think Hiku has been better than expected this year (the Anzac test a few years ago aside I've never seen play from him that fit how highly some rate him), but he was terrible last night. But considering Kata gets picked every week and he's hopeless in defence (not his one on one tackling but positional etc) Hiku might get another life.

Hiku has had 1000 lives, the same amount of missed tackles he has this year.

If he is in the team we are truly f**ked.
And I'll catch a replay.

JJ

Immortal
1. RTS
2. Maumalo
3. Beale
4. Kata
5. Fus
6. Green
7. SJ
8. Blair - with explicit instruction to play like a prop. No more passing before the line, run hard and look for an offload
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Papali’i
12. Gelling
13. Mannering

14. Lawton
15. Sao
16. Lisone...can’t believe i just typed that
17. Satae

If Jazz “Scrappy Doo” Tevaga and Pe-turnstile Hiku are in the 21 on Tuesday Kearney is delusionsal.
Like the team, just have to have more size and aggression and have to use Satae, Sao more

Serious question though, does anyone actually think Blair can actually do a props job, can he run hard and bend the line???

JJ

Immortal
Personally, I think Hiku has been better than expected this year (the Anzac test a few years ago aside I've never seen play from him that fit how highly some rate him), but he was terrible last night. But considering Kata gets picked every week and he's hopeless in defence (not his one on one tackling but positional etc) Hiku might get another life.
The only decent centre in the club is Ayshford and he's just par

Still centres are still stronger than the middle forwards LOL

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The only decent centre in the club is Ayshford and he's just par

Still centres are still stronger than the middle forwards LOL

Beale is OK and Kata can be alright at times. Hiku should be demoted to backup FB/winger though

JJ

Immortal
Beale is OK and Kata can be alright at times. Hiku should be demoted to backup FB/winger though
Yep agree

Huku is a useful backup

At full strength IMO Ayshford and Beale would start, think the coach has a different view though

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep agree

Huku is a useful backup

At full strength IMO Ayshford and Beale would start, think the coach has a different view though

I don’t mind Kata starting with one of those, provided he’s on notice to be dropped if he has a shocker.

Matua

Bench
I don’t mind Kata starting with one of those, provided he’s on notice to be dropped if he has a shocker.
But he's never dropped after his shockers, he's the most protected species at the Warriors no matter how many tries are scored down his side or how many tries he bombs because he's a hungus.

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
...Res- ...Sipley

No ludicrous, regretful boasts from me like 'running naked up the main street' if this happens but I have no confidence big Pat will ever be selected for first grade. It's why he wants out.

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
No ludicrous, regretful boasts from me like 'running naked up the main street' if this happens but I have no confidence big Pat will ever be selected for first grade. It's why he wants out.

Yeah I just feel like we need some size in the middle of the park

Blair

Coach
Yeah I just feel like we need some size in the middle of the park

Me too, but I think there'd be more chance Mooks plays Cappy at prop.

I have been pleasantly surprised with a lot of things this season though, so we'll see who ends up on the team-sheet. Sipley that is, not Cappy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hiku must hit them well in the nets.

Mannering has no place on the edge any more.